Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17360 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Under Construction
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 04:45:39 am »

Turn_2: WELCOME TO BENOC.

Detective [+1 PER], Field Agent [+1 DEX], Forensic [+1 INT], Director [+1 CHA], Tactics Instructor [+1 STR], Materials Disposal [+1 CON]

IamanElfCollaborator
Kent remains politely still whilst you tell your story, nodding occasionally at certain details. After about a half an hour of recounting he stands abruptly just as you get to explaining your deeper theories about your encounter, cutting you off. He looks at you quietly for a moment, until realisation strikes you and you rise to your feet, meeting his gaze and holding it. He outstretches a gloved hand and this time you don't hesitate. The stranger returns your strong grip and you shake hands firmly.

Welcome to the Bureau for ExtraNormal Occurrences. His features break into a surprisingly wide though rather wolfish grin. We like to call it BENOC.

The bare, gloomy room you had been conducting your interview in suddenly grows brighter. Would you care to follow me please?

He guides you down a bright metal passageway devoid of any of the markings and features normally found in typical manmade structures, and find yourself reminded of the interview room. After a few long minutes of walking you finally reach the end of the corridor. The door hisses and slides off to one side, revealing the wide space that makes up the slightly more worn if still perfectly sterile-looking compartment. You only manage to take a cautious half-step inside before receiving an encouraging push from behind, followed by the sound of the door slipping shut. A familiar voice echoes through the room.

The others will join you shortly. Until then, make yourself comfortable.

Xantolos
Kent frowns, holding up a hand to stop you. Look, if you aren't going to take this seriously, that is, if you aren't the kind of person we're looking for, then tell me right now. I've read your file. I already know the truth. I know everything there is to know about you, and I sure as hell know you were never in.. fucking Guatemala! He pauses for a moment, cursing under his breath, then reaches across the stainless steel table and grabs you by your collar, jerking you out of your seat and putting your face immediately in front of his. I'll let you off this time, but I want you to really think the next time you open your mouth. And I mean really, think. He loosens his grip, shoving you roughly back into your seat.

scapheap
The suited man before gives you a look of bewilderment.

What? He shakes his head wildly. WHAT?! He throws his hands up in exasperation. Twice in the same day? What am I fucking jinxed?

He pulls out his sidearm and slams it on the table. If you are trying to make some kind of fucked up attempt at humour right now, let me tell you kid, this is not the damn time! Now get serious, or get out of my sight!

Gotdamnmiracle
I'd hate to sound like a radio drama, but yes, I've read your file. The interviewer sighs audibly and removes a white kerchief from the inside of his jacket, mopping his forehead with it, then folds and replaces it. He allows himself a low-chuckle and murmurs to no one in particular. For a second there I thought he was gonna tell me another goddamn joke… His stern demeanour floods back and his attention focuses back on you. You sound like just the kind of fella we're looking for. His mouth forms a cold smile. Welcome to BENOC.

You find yourself shoved into a shiny metal room with no furniture, and another man sitting against the wall in the opposite corner. He looked up at the sound of the door and is already on his feet by the time you're pushed into it. You eye one another warily, then with pity as you realise you're both stuck in the same situation.

Andy Smith - (Xantolos) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Detective [+1 PER]).ex
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

John Starboard - (scapheap) - FBI.ex - Support Tech (Director [+1 CHA]).ex

Fred Karl Underhill - (GreatWyrmGold) - NSA.ex - Support Tech (Forensic [+1 INT]).ex

Alexander Gunnar - (IamanElfCollaborator) - NSA.ex - Pilot (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex

William O'Bryan - (Gotdamnmiracle) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:53:46 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - One Slot Open
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 04:51:47 am »

Oooooooh!!! The post is so pretty outside of preview! :O

Player v. Player dialogue isn't part of the turn, so go ahead and talk all you want. Might as well get acquainted now eh?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:04:29 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2013, 05:01:00 am »

"Bah. Now I'm stuck in some room, possibly terminated."

Alexander sighs and rubs his temples.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2013, 05:05:31 am »

"Bah. Now I'm stuck in some room, possibly terminated."

Alexander sighs and rubs his temples.
By the way, you and Gotdamnmiracle are in the same room. You were the guy sitting in the corner.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:11:38 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013, 05:06:19 am »

I know.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:31 am »

((in my view it made more sense for a film director to have +1 cha and...))

"You ask what happen on my first extraterrestrial encounter. It wasn't till 3 years later that I joined the FBI , film making wasn't working out and that night stuck in my mind so why not? I was another director there too, but with less shooting and about the same amount of paperwork."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 06:34:14 am »

((in my view it made more sense for a film director to have +1 cha and...))

"You ask what happen on my first extraterrestrial encounter. It wasn't till 3 years later that I joined the FBI , film making wasn't working out and that night stuck in my mind so why not? I was another director there too, but with less shooting and about the same amount of paperwork."
*facepalm* Directors (administrative directors) need to have the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions, often in the face of others. They need to be able to keep their employees on their toes and their clients happy. How do they do that? By talking.

Film directors have to talk a lot, but I wouldn't say they're charismatic, per se.

I guess its my fault for assuming you knew I meant I was asking what your job was while you were employed at the office you chose.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2013, 06:51:40 am »

((That and as soon as you said your first encounter, I was already going 'before joining the FBI'.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2013, 10:32:57 am »

"Shoved in here too?" William fixes his tie before reaching into his suit and pulling out a half empty pack of cowboy killers.

"Do you mind?" William asks before offering one.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2013, 10:35:01 am »

"I don't smoke. Dad died of lung cancer."

Alexander declines.

"What're you in here for?"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2013, 10:43:06 am »

"I don't smoke. Dad died of lung cancer."

Alexander declines.

"What're you in here for?"

"Yeah. Bad habit. Better than chew I suppose. This is a result of working with to many military folk.

I guess I answered one to many questions right. They just shoved me in here. How about yourself?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2013, 10:45:39 am »

"Same reason."

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

William replaces the cigarets, not trying to start any fights, without lighting one ad resigns himself to his fate, sitting up against a stainless steel wall and waiting.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2013, 11:14:28 pm »

Waiting on Xantolos, and GWG still hasn't posted his first action. ._.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19