Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IN SPAAAAAAAAACE - Turn 1: Arrival  (Read 3866 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: IN SPAAAAAAAAACE - Turn 1: Arrival
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

Cosmo steps out of his pod, and you might think that there was a heavenly light shining from above as he does so! That is mostly because there is. It's called a lamp. But still.

"Hi everyone! I'm Cosmo Powers, Professor of Idea-ology, and I am here to help! And the first step in this is to find out what exactly needs help! Fear not, for Cosmo Powers is on the job! And Cosmo Powers will not fail humanity! It just cannot happen!"

With the power of positive thinking, take a look outside the room. Are there killer robots to dispatch with one of the many martial arts styles Cosmo knows? Perhaps something to fix with his almighty engineering knowledge? Maybe even a person who is having a bad day and needs a motivational speech about positive thinking to get them going?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 03:50:50 pm »

"Hi there, Prof Powers! You look like a first rate solutionist if ever I saw one! That's a lovely smile you got there - got any toothpaste? You like Bach?"

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 03:54:19 pm »

Carl slowly opens the pod. He finds a door and close to it he finds a person.
"Hello?"
He remembers that he is the Master of Keys.
He tries to open the door with the keys

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:45 pm »

"Hi there, Prof Powers! You look like a first rate solutionist if ever I saw one! That's a lovely smile you got there - got any toothpaste? You like Bach?"

"I love Bach! Everyone loves Bach. Also, you know, I frequently endorse the products of a great many companies, but my smile seems to attract toothpaste marketers the most! They pay me lots of money to say good things about their products, not that I wouldn't if they didn't. Toothpaste is good for you, you know."

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:24 pm »

"Bach? Witchcraft!I say!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:59 pm »

"What? No! Bach was a good Christian and all that, don't you know? Well, at least the old one as far as I know. And I know quite a lot, being Cosmo Powers and all."

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

"Bach was Christian? My entire life was a lie."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:17 pm »

"Don't worry. Such feelings are only natural when basking in the splendor of Cosmo Powers!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »

"But have you got any? Toothpaste? Blimey," sights Post-Doc Dan Twenty suddenly, "I yearn for the prairie. From Idaho, you know. Stupidest thing I ever done, signing up to live in a tin can. I'm used to the rustle of the wind through the grassland, the distant coconut of horse's hooves, the nervous honking throat-clear of a good bassoon solo... I should never've left Mary... Finest bassoon I ever had."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »

"I am afraid I do not have any at the moment, though I plan to rectify this at the soonest possible moment! And please, do not use such vile language! It is not becoming of humanity's greatest hope to swear like sailors in an unsophisticated comedy skit! And I sometimes yearn for the prairie as well! It is nostalgia from the days when I became a chief of a Native American tribe after besting every single one of their tribesmen in mental and physical contests that drives me to do so! I lived there for at least a year, you know! Then I moved on to the next tribe with similar results!"

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 04:31:41 pm »

[[Just need our resident mad scientist, and we'll be off.]]

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 04:40:05 pm »

"I am afraid I do not have any at the moment, though I plan to rectify this at the soonest possible moment! And please, do not use such vile language! It is not becoming of humanity's greatest hope to swear like sailors in an unsophisticated comedy skit! And I sometimes yearn for the prairie as well! It is nostalgia from the days when I became a chief of a Native American tribe after besting every single one of their tribesmen in mental and physical contests that drives me to do so! I lived there for at least a year, you know! Then I moved on to the next tribe with similar results!"
"You!You are the chosen one!"
Shows Cosmos a Picture of a Ancient Engraving where Cosmos is surrounded by persons bowing

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 06:33:05 pm »

Sneer at the surroundings. See if they sneer back.

Listen to the machinery. Try to determine what it does, because that's clearly how science works.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 12:39:23 am »

Turn 2 - Bassoon

Mission: Find out what you're doing here!

Violently hum Bach's Fifth Bassoon Sonata whilst checking out the storage cabinet for interesting items. Take some of them, if there are any. Then see who else is here.
[6] Your rendition of Bach floats out beautifully. When you open the cabinet, it almost seems bigger on the inside! You find four life-support suits made for the rigors of deep space, a rack of stubby beam rifles the size of your average SMG, and... oh your god. Is that a bassoon?
In your enthusiasm, you take everything. And then realize that you've trapped yourself under a mound of loot. Hm.

With the power of positive thinking, take a look outside the room. Are there killer robots to dispatch with one of the many martial arts styles Cosmo knows? Perhaps something to fix with his almighty engineering knowledge? Maybe even a person who is having a bad day and needs a motivational speech about positive thinking to get them going?
[3] The door slides open for you as you approach, revealing the ship's control panel. Lots of blinky lights, pretty switches, and a windshield showing nothing but a blank grey wall outside. You are disappointed by the lack of days needing saving.

He remembers that he is the Master of Keys.
He tries to open the door with the keys
[6+1=7] The door is already open, but your door-opening frenzy goes on unabated! You rush into the control room and look around. To your left you see yet another open door, beyond which there is a CLOSED DOOR! You rush over to it and try to wrench it open. [3] You get it open a crack, but then powerful suction pulls it closed again. You should really be more careful with the airlock.

Sneer at the surroundings. See if they sneer back.

Listen to the machinery. Try to determine what it does, because that's clearly how science works.

[4] You favor the walls with a witheringly spiteful look. Though they lack the physical features required to sneer, you feel a distinct sense of disdain directed at you for a moment. Curious. [1] You listen for a moment and come to the conclusion that the machinery all around is pumping in deadly neurotoxins! You shout a warning and run into the control room, frantically swatting at the controls. I'm sure that won't cause anything bad to happen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:52:24 am by WellBredMutt »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 01:37:20 am »

((May I suggest stuffing the status part of the post into a spoiler? Makes it easier to scroll past that way, for readers.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 [2] 3