Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors (really anything made by the Pen Ward)  (Read 37340 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors (really anything made by the Pen Ward)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 12:45:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 12:47:19 am »

Hmm Bravest Warriors is actually a pretty cool more adult thing, though like Adventure Time I find it a bit hit and miss. There's a lot of times it's really great, but also a lot of times it's sorta dull.

The ending to episode 6 was pretty damn epic though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 12:54:20 am »

I, for one, will obstinately stick to Flapjack as my not-really-for-kids "lol this show is 4 high people" cartoon of choice.
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:09 am »

Spoiler Battle Time!

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:51:27 am »

Hmm Bravest Warriors is actually a pretty cool more adult thing, though like Adventure Time I find it a bit hit and miss. There's a lot of times it's really great, but also a lot of times it's sorta dull.

The ending to episode 6 was pretty damn epic though.

When the episode is good in adventure time it is pretty good...

but DANG can the show be boring sometimes.

Anyhow Adventure time has what I will call the "Indie Movie Appeal" if you don't find the show delightfully quirky you are missing out on 90% of the jokes... Which is the boat I am in. I don't find the show that weird or quirky.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 10:08:25 am »

I love this show, it can be really funny and sad at the same time.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 11:16:35 pm »

I remember back in like season 2 or 3 of Adventure Time where they mentioned the Mushroom War and stuff about the world's backstory, but also said they never planned on including it in the actual show because it was too mature.

How far we've come since then.

I think this is deliberate actually.  When the show began, they used an actual 12 year old boy for the voice of Finn, and they either decided at the outset or very soon after that the character of Finn would grow up along with his voice.  (Watch any episode from this season, then watch the pilot.  The difference is stunning.)  It's kinda natural that the tone of the show might grow up along with the character, since the theoretical target audience of the show is growing up at the same rate.

(This also holds to my crazy theory that 'Adventure Time' as we know it will be canceled in two seasons when Finn turns 18, at which point the show will move onto Adult Swim as a sort of light-hearted Korgoth Of Barbaria type thing.  Go on, try to pretend you wouldn't love that.)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:09 pm »

I would love that more than it is healthy to love a cartoon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 11:23:14 pm »

I still can't believe fucking Korgoth didn't get picked up.  That shit was legendary.
Shoes...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 12:51:50 am »

I remember back in like season 2 or 3 of Adventure Time where they mentioned the Mushroom War and stuff about the world's backstory, but also said they never planned on including it in the actual show because it was too mature.

How far we've come since then.

I think this is deliberate actually.  When the show began, they used an actual 12 year old boy for the voice of Finn, and they either decided at the outset or very soon after that the character of Finn would grow up along with his voice.  (Watch any episode from this season, then watch the pilot.  The difference is stunning.)  It's kinda natural that the tone of the show might grow up along with the character, since the theoretical target audience of the show is growing up at the same rate.

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED? I'm still binging S1, and every time I hear his S4/S5 voice I'm like, "what?"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 01:37:17 am »

Heehee, Lumpy Space Princess is my favorite -_-  I have a (male) friend who talks like that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 01:54:39 am »

Heehee, Lumpy Space Princess is my favorite -_-  I have a (male) friend who talks like that.

I love that her Rule 63 Universe counterpart is just LSP with a junior-high mustache.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21:17 am »

Certainly really enjoying the recent episodes. The episodes with prism are amazing. That and the cosmic owl. What did y'all think of the season 3 finale? I'd give my views but I CBA typing tonnes on my phone

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 10:26:15 am »

I love that her Rule 63 Universe counterpart is just LSP with a junior-high mustache.

Oddly enough I don't think she was designed to be a big character, afterall all her original gags was just her talking funny in situations that allowed her to talk REALLY funny, but they noticed her popularity and bumped her up in importance.

Sort of the reverse of the Rainbow Unicorn from my observation. At least I think so, Rainbow Unicorn was in quite a few first season episodes but kept showing up less and less.

Mind you I sort of REALLY wonder if she is a "Space Princess" as I havn't seen anything to suggest she is other then her name and I believe a star or something on her (I cannot remembeR)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:32:47 am by Neonivek »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 10:41:51 am »

Oddly enough I don't think she was designed to be a big character, afterall all her original gags was just her talking funny in situations that allowed her to talk REALLY funny, but they noticed her popularity and bumped her up in importance.

Sort of the reverse of the Rainbow Unicorn from my observation. At least I think so, Rainbow Unicorn was in quite a few first season episodes but kept showing up less and less.

Mind you I sort of REALLY wonder if she is a "Space Princess" as I havn't seen anything to suggest she is other then her name and I believe a star or something on her (I cannot remembeR)

I believe she's the Princess of Lumpy Space.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19