Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128527 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23895 on: April 01, 2016, 07:05:25 pm »

About time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23896 on: April 01, 2016, 07:40:09 pm »

Does a change this minor and critical really need any feedback
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23897 on: April 01, 2016, 07:55:44 pm »

i dont see what you're changing??

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23898 on: April 01, 2016, 11:46:19 pm »

From what I can tell, its purely date based.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23899 on: April 02, 2016, 01:00:59 am »

You're both terrible at looking at Github changes :P, it was an April Fool's Day change.  Among other things, it made all races into Tajaran, renamed the station to Tajaran McERPStation, added the word 'ERP' to most staff ranks, and set the rules to; 1: ERP IS MANDATORY 2: YOU MUST PLAY AS TAJARAN.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:03:03 am by Vakothu »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23900 on: April 02, 2016, 01:09:41 am »

My favourite was the change from Head Admin to King of the Tajaran. I also renamed the map from Glloydstation to ERPstation, a long requested feature.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23901 on: April 02, 2016, 05:49:36 am »

My favourite was the change from Head Admin to King of the Tajaran. I also renamed the map from Glloydstation to ERPstation, a long requested feature.
Well, considering the massive, barely-used dormitory areas...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23902 on: April 02, 2016, 11:01:01 am »

I accept my title as ERP Loremaster.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23903 on: April 02, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »

You're both terrible at looking at Github changes :P, it was an April Fool's Day change
Hence my date-based comment.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23904 on: April 02, 2016, 11:46:43 pm »

Hey guys!

Pretty decent sized update coming at you this weekend. First things first, there's been a bunch of new sprites added for borgs, as well as some more tools added to certain borg types to enable them to do their jobs better. There's also been some minor updates to Paranoia, so you can expect some more testing of that in the coming weeks. Additionally, the maploader has been heavily optimized, and spacebattle will no longer lag the server to shit on roundstart! Besides that, there's also been the usual slew of bugfixes and map fixes, along with some minor features and some new clothing.

The big thing of this update though is related to the map, and I'll use bolded font to get just how big it is across:

The Planet Update

Yes, the planet update, part one. Gone is the asteroid, and in its place it has been replaced with a jungle outpost. The surface is dotted with trees, bushes and rivers, and the mining outposts have elevators that go deep underground to the new mining area. The planet surface has a number of things for miners and xeno botanists, as there are strange plants that you can find and experiment on. Additionally, the trees can be cut down with the right tools, and turned into usable wood. To go along with that, the uses of wood have been greatly expanded, and wood is now an accepted material in the autolathe. There's also machines to make paper, wrapping paper and cardboard out of the wood, allowing for alternate sources of these. You can also grow crops on the planet surface if you have a shovel, build bridges across the dangerous rivers, or even build cozy wooden cottages as seen in the picture below. Because of this change, the miner's title has been changed to "Resource Technician", reflecting their expanded role. However, they've been given a number of alternate titles, so you can still have your job title as Shaft Miner, but now you can also have it as Lumberjack.

I orginally intended to add Hunter as an alternate job title for the miners, and include hunting and trapping of animals for hides and leather and so on, and to add some threat to the surface of the planet. However, I've delayed that until next weekend or so because of some issues with the animals. So enjoy the safety of the planet surface while it lasts!

Mappers!

Here comes the call for mappers! The planet now features a system for spawning in minimaps at roundstart, to allow for some diversity and randomness between rounds when it comes to the landscape. The problem is that we need some minimaps, both for the surface of the jungle and for underground. So, if you are a mapper and are interested in creating some fun little minimaps, download the source and start mapping! The maps can be maximum 30x30 for the planet surface and 40x40 for underground. There are some examples of surface maps included, so check them out and get some inspirations, but we're looking for some interesting little areas that could be anything from a crashed shuttle, to an abandoned outpost to a clearing in the forest that hosts an alter to a dark god! Use your imagination and I'm sure you'll make something cool. If you finish any, either set up a Pull Request, or upload the files to dropbox or somesuch and give me the link.

Another fun thing about this system is that it can be applied to space as well! This will go a long way towards making the world outside the station more interesting, and break up space a bit more. So, if you want to map some asteroids, ruined shuttles or abandoned satellites, we'll accept those too! Same size restrictions of 40x40 apply to space maps.

That's all for now, hope all of you are doing well.
Cheers!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23905 on: April 03, 2016, 12:28:33 am »

Are there any special rules for the minimaps, besides the more obvious "dont give gamebreaking items" ones?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23906 on: April 03, 2016, 12:54:24 am »

Are there any special rules for the minimaps, besides the more obvious "dont give gamebreaking items" ones?

Make sure to use appropriate turfs and areas for whatever you're making. Like don't put jungle tiles in space, that sort of thing. Besides that, don't go beyond the size limit and you'll be fine. And yeah, no gamebreaking items or whatever. There's a couple in the repo you can use as examples, under maps/templates

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23907 on: April 03, 2016, 01:09:17 am »

Last round was one of the trippiest rounds I've seen in months. It was a cult round that was entirely peaceful that people thought it was traitor, then suddenly over the course of 30 minutes 10 assistants join. They do a bunch of crazy shit like asking Asher, the blueshield, for drugs and randomly picked fights and started shanking each other. I decide to try my hand at the slots and go through 800 dollars without winning a single penny. I go to escape, where people hear about the janitor in severe condition after a fight with some assistants, and they survive when Dallas makes their body 90% drugs. I yank out a diamond butterfly knife from their chest and decide to keep it to recoup my gambling losses. Everyone then arrives to Centcomm that has been converted to a jungle. Has to be the single most greatest raid on the server I've ever seen in my life.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23908 on: April 03, 2016, 01:10:33 am »

Is there a way I can force templates to spawn on the map or admin-teleport myself to them? Mapping is a little rough without a reliable way to test the chunks.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23909 on: April 03, 2016, 01:20:38 am »

Is there a way I can force templates to spawn on the map or admin-teleport myself to them? Mapping is a little rough without a reliable way to test the chunks.

Yeah, set yourself up as an admin and go under debug verbs. The verb is Map template - Place. You can upload a template from your computer with Map template - Upload or just tick it in the specific file list before starting your server.
Pages: 1 ... 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 ... 1654