Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124263 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21570 on: March 15, 2015, 09:26:10 pm »

I'm kind of sick of getting discriminated against for my timezone, but I guess this is what I get for associating with you people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21571 on: March 16, 2015, 12:14:25 pm »

I'm kind of sick of getting discriminated against for my timezone, but I guess this is what I get for associating with you people.
Discrimination and internet herpes. Thought you should know. get checked out by Web MD as soon as possible.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21572 on: March 16, 2015, 01:02:09 pm »

Its sunday for most of us...
Ayup. It's kinda hard to play an event that begins at 2 AM, leave house at 7 AM and be lucid. 's why I'm happy Snowpiercer was on Saturday.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21573 on: March 17, 2015, 03:56:02 am »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21574 on: March 17, 2015, 04:23:56 am »

Well this is a good thing: https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/8353
Oh yeah, I've wanted to ask you about the implications of using that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21575 on: March 17, 2015, 10:04:31 am »

If I wouldn't be lazy and if I wouldn't still need to rewrite some parts of saycode, I would probably try to port that; CarnMC is unmaintained anyway.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21576 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:40 pm »

Well this is a good thing: https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/8353

Basically, the current MC is shit. It gets overloaded really easily because it's trying to process everything at once. The processing scheduler basically allows it to multitask better, giving priority to the processes that need it. To put it simply, less MC lag.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21577 on: March 17, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »

Basically, the current MC is shit. It gets overloaded really easily because it's trying to process everything at once. The processing scheduler basically allows it to multitask better, giving priority to the processes that need it. To put it simply, less MC lag.
Oh, that is neat! So, basically, no more 'bomb? better crash the server lel'?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21578 on: March 17, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »

Oh, that is neat! So, basically, no more 'bomb? better crash the server lel'?

Well, not exactly. Bombs will still lag because of all the del() calls. What Bay really needs is some sort of Garbage Collection system like qdel, which basically everyone except Bay has by this point. If I didn't have my own projects for Urist, I'd port qdel in a heartbeat.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21579 on: March 17, 2015, 02:56:20 pm »

I got no idea how to code, but does this make Fallout rounds less crashy and more viable?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21580 on: March 17, 2015, 03:17:07 pm »

It reduces lag, probably not that big of an effect on crashes though.
I thought bay already had qdel. The problem with qdel is that it makes references behave like "real" pointers: no more automatic nulling of all references, you have to do it yourself. This obviously resulted in a lot of bugs when it was first implemented into tg.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21581 on: March 17, 2015, 03:30:48 pm »

I thought bay already had qdel.
Nope, vg does, tg does, some downstream probably does, bay doesn't.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21582 on: March 17, 2015, 07:00:33 pm »

Out of curiosity, what language is used in SS13? Not that I'll likely be able to do anything to help with porting/maintenance, but still.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21583 on: March 17, 2015, 07:10:50 pm »

I think the code BYOND uses for the games is just called BYOND...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21584 on: March 17, 2015, 07:13:42 pm »

DM.
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 1654