Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121681 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21105 on: January 23, 2015, 11:12:13 am »

So what are the exact differences between the "normal tg" chem-system and the bay12 system? I know a lot of things have slightly different names and there might be a limit on chems that can affect one person? Anyone got inside-know-how?

The recipes, aside from those LSP pointed out, are the same. Metabolism of chems is slower, so the effects are more distributed in time, and, if in-body reactions are enabled, which I'm not sure they are, it's easier to accidentally mix something you didn't intend in the patient.

There's an overdose value for most chems, after which you usually start taking toxin damage from the chem, possibly along with liver damage and the like; some OD effects are beneficial aside from that - one chem starts healing internal... bleeding? Damage? Can't remember, only once OD'd.

Finally, some time ago Bay's system for handling the Smoke effect was changed - it no longer is the same no matter if you put 1 or 100 units of the smoke mix, instead depending on proportion of Smoke:Others to effect the cloud's Size:Potency ratio. Teal deer, big clouds have less chems per tile.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:23 am »

"normal tg" chem system is now goonchem, btw. well, there's huge drama about it but w/e

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:47 am »

Internal chem mixing still a thing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:58:50 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21108 on: January 23, 2015, 11:48:51 am »

Just tested, you can mix potassium and water inside yourself... with 0 damage at 5 to 5 units.
Also you can fart smoke and mix with pills.

What is Tungsten for? It is not used in anything... does it have any strong effect on its own?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:55:53 am by ThtblovesDF »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: January 23, 2015, 11:59:50 am »

Ooh, now I really want to start implanting people with chem implants, to inject a combo of healing drugs and smoke materials...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: January 23, 2015, 12:01:01 pm »

ridiculous.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: January 23, 2015, 01:18:55 pm »

What is Tungsten for? It is not used in anything... does it have any strong effect on its own?
IIRC xenoarch uses it for prepping samples or something.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21112 on: January 23, 2015, 02:17:32 pm »

Yep, it is - or was, I never play Xenoarch after seeing how tedious it was on Bay - a prerequisite for literally one single chem, used to obtain samples for Xenoarch analysis.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: January 23, 2015, 05:39:14 pm »

Yep, it is - or was, I never play Xenoarch after seeing how tedious it was on Bay - a prerequisite for literally one single chem, used to obtain samples for Xenoarch analysis.
It's not that tedious if you don't do the bullshit chemistry and analysis and just extract everything from the earth the moment you get to it. You just gotta be good at math and know which materials, which it will tell you on-site, go with which fields.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: January 23, 2015, 06:27:32 pm »

It's not that tedious if you don't do the bullshit chemistry and analysis and just extract everything from the earth the moment you get to it. You just gotta be good at math and know which materials, which it will tell you on-site, go with which fields.

I actually meant the analysis being tedious - since excavation team was just a rush of every Xenoarch for himself for the suits and was full every single round. Mind you, that was just when it was introduced.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »

server is updated and back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: January 23, 2015, 07:09:20 pm »

I actually meant the analysis being tedious - since excavation team was just a rush of every Xenoarch for himself for the suits and was full every single round. Mind you, that was just when it was introduced.
You actually can't do the analysis anymore, the machines are not in the outpost, and only one Xenoarch can excavate things, there's only one field generator.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: January 23, 2015, 07:18:22 pm »

server is updated and back up
wots new
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: January 23, 2015, 08:05:33 pm »

wanks new?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:00 pm »

Guitars and a lot more bug/map fixes.
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 1654