Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116990 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18735 on: September 09, 2014, 05:04:49 pm »

That should be going in if Bay stops being nice to the "b-b-b-b-but what if I need to baton a nuke op????" officers upstream.

Also i'd just like to say stun batons and telescopic batons are the same. Telebatons are just resprited and lack a stun.

@keeping batons

I'd personally say put the batons back where they used to be. In the riot gear section of the armory. You want a baton? Ask the HoS or warden.

@guards

Every detective at the moment asks for cuffs, security glasses, a taser and a stun baton roundstart. Almost every single one. This would be that xhowever many guards that join.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18736 on: September 09, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »

I do not!

I acquire the shit myself.

Because I am best detective!

* Icederp toots trumpet.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18737 on: September 09, 2014, 05:14:07 pm »

You are the scum that makes me fire detectives at the drop of a hat as captain or HoS.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18738 on: September 09, 2014, 05:16:24 pm »

@aedel
I dont do that shit as detective...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18739 on: September 09, 2014, 05:27:53 pm »

I have never seen any reason to complain about sec being OP.
Any sort of security effort is comically ineffective.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18740 on: September 09, 2014, 05:47:45 pm »

Any halfway competent team of antags will dominate a good security team so hard that there won't be gibs to dominate after they're done quite easily.

Good security team being one that doesn't rambo with stun batons. Security will win 24/7 if they decide to rambo with their winsticks and winbangs. <3

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18741 on: September 09, 2014, 05:52:04 pm »

speaking about bulletsec....

What about Xenos? Bullets are pretty much useless against them form what Ive found...

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18742 on: September 09, 2014, 06:10:56 pm »

Xenos take double burn ( 8)) I think. They (used to) breathe toxin and convert it to oxygen. If they still do, you can vent toxins in then light it with their own breath. They'll escape, but lose their nest in the process.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18743 on: September 09, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »

Breaking News

NanoTrasen has praised the efforts of Captain John Kalashniklav and loyal members of his crew, who recently managed to put down a mutiny--amid a local interstellar crisis--aboard the Urist McStation, a research station in Nyx.
The mutiny was spurred by a top secret directive sent to the station, presumably in response to the crisis within the system.
Despite the mutiny, the crew was successful in implementing the directive and activating their on-board emergency authentication device.
5 members of the station's personnel were charged with terrorist action against the Company and, if found guilty by a Sol magistrate, will be sentenced to life incarceration.
NanoTrasen will be awarding 6 members of the crew with the Star of Loyalty, following their successful efforts, at a ceremony this coming Thursday.
17 are believed to have died during the coup.

NanoTrasen's image will forever be haunted by the fact that a mutiny took place on one of its own stations.

We stand shoulder to shoulder my brothers.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18744 on: September 09, 2014, 07:16:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The funny thing is that Avery was at both places. I was the one keeping you aimed at while Brandon handled you, not Osborn. And god damn why are your stories so amazing ; _ ;

speaking about bulletsec....

What about Xenos? Bullets are pretty much useless against them form what Ive found...

GOOD. Xenos should be a threat, not a minor parasite that can be handled by event he most unrobust noobs in the game. Queens die in three lasers, three. Lasers have ten or twelve shots.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:19:25 pm by Aedel »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18745 on: September 09, 2014, 07:18:51 pm »

Fecking hel Hans, you need to do that more often.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18746 on: September 09, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »

Well, maybe the security guards should just have batons or something. To be honest, I would more prefer the idea of Security Officers being more like guards then guys with guns.
You have to relasize that sec is corporate security. IRL corporate security often pack heat. RP wise the station is a plasma research station messing around with experimental tech, the syndicate wants this. Sec needs to be armed to deal with highly dangerous enemies. NT is the most powerful corp in the area. Its safe to say their sec branch is paramilitary. NT probably wants their sec staff armed to the teeth not armed with stunsticks and flashbangs to protect their investment in the station.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18747 on: September 09, 2014, 07:33:26 pm »

I suppose. I guess I'm just covering my arse because I am terribly unrobust.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18748 on: September 09, 2014, 07:48:51 pm »

We had a great party in the dubstep room, until a bomb went off right next to it, and that sort of put a tamper on festivities.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18749 on: September 09, 2014, 08:10:09 pm »

In my opinion Sec having ballistics make a lot more sense than having tasers/stunbatons.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 1654