Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116986 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #17475 on: June 21, 2014, 05:15:35 am »

Hosting-before-loading worked for massively reducing the download time, by the way.  For those who experience the same problem, the 'solution' was:

1) Download the repo from the main Git (in my case, from the link Glloyd provided in his post above).
2) Build and configure the server as per the instructions here, and run it in DreamDaemon.
3) Using BYOND's Dreamseeker client, connect to 127.0.0.1 on whatever port you're running your server on.
4) Watch the near-instantaneous download speed!
5) Once you're in-game, quit, and stop your server.  Quit DreamDaemon.
6) Using BYOND's Dreamseeker again, connect to your server of choice (e.g. Vactor's).
7) Marvel at how the required download size has dropped from 33.8mb to 260kb.  Even at the ridiculously bad BYOND download speed, that'll take far less time.
8) Enjoy and play!  :D
9) Suffer massive lag and die screaming while on fire.

Edit: I've now also signed up for a US-based VPN service, which means as far as BYOND's concerned I'm now in the Midwest.  BYOND lag, Vactor server lag (if there was any) and all the rest has now massively reduced, despite the fact that all my data's now effectively going through an extra bounce.  I wonder if my ISP was throttling BYOND traffic(!?) for some reason.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:32:49 am by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: June 21, 2014, 05:49:33 am »

Looks like fire will actually emanate light - not only that, but orange light - Bay pulled fancy colored lights to their dev branch.

E: And for you Xenoarch/Geneticist/Xenobio teamups, cloning xenos from fossils.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: June 21, 2014, 05:53:59 am »

speaking of xenoarch, you haven't seen pain until you've found yourself an automated goat cloner

BLEET

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: June 21, 2014, 05:58:53 am »

Or turning fossils into goats...
Crack-a-lack-a

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: June 21, 2014, 06:12:08 am »

speaking of xenoarch, you haven't seen pain until you've found yourself an automated goat cloner

BLEET

Hmm. What do the goats eat and are they milking goats, dwarf goats or meat goats?

Or turning fossils into goats...

Hehe, does that mean the fossils are of goats that somehow ended up in space?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: June 21, 2014, 06:13:31 am »

they are meat goats, in that they will feast on your flesh

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: June 21, 2014, 06:19:34 am »

Hosting-before-loading worked for massively reducing the download time, by the way.  For those who experience the same problem, the 'solution' was:

1) Download the repo from the main Git (in my case, from the link Glloyd provided in his post above).
2) Build and configure the server as per the instructions here, and run it in DreamDaemon.
3) Using BYOND's Dreamseeker client, connect to 127.0.0.1 on whatever port you're running your server on.
4) Watch the near-instantaneous download speed!
5) Once you're in-game, quit, and stop your server.  Quit DreamDaemon.
6) Using BYOND's Dreamseeker again, connect to your server of choice (e.g. Vactor's).
7) Marvel at how the required download size has dropped from 33.8mb to 260kb.  Even at the ridiculously bad BYOND download speed, that'll take far less time.
8) Enjoy and play!  :D
9) Suffer massive lag and die screaming while on fire.

Edit: I've now also signed up for a US-based VPN service, which means as far as BYOND's concerned I'm now in the Midwest.  BYOND lag, Vactor server lag (if there was any) and all the rest has now massively reduced, despite the fact that all my data's now effectively going through an extra bounce.  I wonder if my ISP was throttling BYOND traffic(!?) for some reason.
You don't even have to connect to an IP, dreammaker has a neat button above the "stop" button that automatically connects you to your server.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: June 21, 2014, 06:29:03 am »

I was wondering, what do you guys think of raising the bomb size cap? I think when you're playing with people from Bay12, it should be okay to give them a bit more responsibility. It'd be awesome to use big bombs on the mining asteroid and clean large amounts of rocks in one go!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17483 on: June 21, 2014, 06:31:09 am »

I was wondering, what do you guys think of raising the bomb size cap? I think when you're playing with people from Bay12, it should be okay to give them a bit more responsibility. It'd be awesome to use big bombs on the mining asteroid and clean large amounts of rocks in one go!

The thing is, we're not playing with Bay12ers only for... around a year now, and with the way BS12 atmos works, and how often we lack Engineers, it would be a massive pain.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17484 on: June 21, 2014, 06:41:53 am »

Try praying to the gods to trade some TC for raising the bombcap, admins can do it in-game (at least, on tg. I'm assuming that the admin tools are aproximately the same)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17485 on: June 21, 2014, 07:54:20 am »

James may be onto something with his goat based conspiracies.
Crack-a-lack-a

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17486 on: June 21, 2014, 08:01:16 am »

LOYALTY IMPLANTS AND HYACINTHE DON'T MIX

YOU'LL ONLY MAKE A SHRIEKING INSANE ASYLUM PATIENT OR, IF YOU REMOVE IT, A CANNIBAL TOO HUNGRY TO DISTINGUISH WHO HER FRIENDS ARE
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17487 on: June 21, 2014, 08:15:48 am »

Some Many ISP's do throttle various traffic. Games is one category.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: June 21, 2014, 10:04:06 am »

Today i found that one of the gas senor is missing so the mixed air tank cannot detect tank or show pressure
I am jumping on this to say that I have been complaining about this for many months now.  MANY months.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17489 on: June 21, 2014, 11:10:49 am »

Today i found that one of the gas senor is missing so the mixed air tank cannot detect tank or show pressure
I am jumping on this to say that I have been complaining about this for many months now.  MANY months.

It's finally fixed for the next update, which is just some map fixes and the oncology system from /vg/, along with BS12 updates. I'm working full time for the rest of the summer, so I won't have as much time to code until September, but I'll still try to get stuff in.
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1654