Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117177 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #17460 on: June 20, 2014, 06:25:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hissingwalnuts made me do it I swear.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17461 on: June 20, 2014, 06:33:08 am »

ALL I DID WAS ROLEPLAY MY REACTION TO ME BEING ABLE TO CAUSE UNLUCKY THINGS BY JUST TALKING ABOUT THEM
Luckily it was all a dream...
Crack-a-lack-a

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17462 on: June 20, 2014, 01:59:43 pm »

I expected to get shot when I took your revolver. Luckily, you didn't know what was making you drop the gun.

Implying Derya would actually shoot you. And even if she did, implying she wouldn't apologize profusely -after- handling what she was trying to do while throwing you in the cryo and begging for forgiveness once you'd been healed.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17463 on: June 20, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

Decided that I wanted to play for the first time in months.  Loaded up BYOND.  Connected to server.

Sat here for three hours waiting for BYOND to download 38.8mb of data (the new map, presumably).

After three hours, had downloaded 6.4mb.

Lost connection.  Download restarted.

Today I learned it's possible to ragequit before even starting a game.  :P

Seriously though, BYOND's download process seems to really disagree with my connection.  :-\
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17464 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:32 pm »

Decided that I wanted to play for the first time in months.  Loaded up BYOND.  Connected to server.

Sat here for three hours waiting for BYOND to download 38.8mb of data (the new map, presumably).

After three hours, had downloaded 6.4mb.

Lost connection.  Download restarted.

Today I learned it's possible to ragequit before even starting a game.  :P

Seriously though, BYOND's download process seems to really disagree with my connection.  :-\

Actually, the 38 mb you're downloading is all the icons and interface and whatnot. Anyways, there's not a whole lot you can do about the download time unfortunately. Maybe hit up a coffee shop or a place that has better internet for free? 38 MB isn't all that much. Hell, for the month or so that I didn't have internet from April - May, I was pushing weekly updates to the codebase from coffeeshops.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: June 20, 2014, 06:10:19 pm »

Actually, the 38 mb you're downloading is all the icons and interface and whatnot. Anyways, there's not a whole lot you can do about the download time unfortunately. Maybe hit up a coffee shop or a place that has better internet for free? 38 MB isn't all that much. Hell, for the month or so that I didn't have internet from April - May, I was pushing weekly updates to the codebase from coffeeshops.

Oddly, my internet's not the problem - I get an easy 1mb/sec on pretty much all other services, sites etc.  It's purely BYOND's client that throttles it down to anywhere near that level.  No idea why at all.  Or possibly it's the server itself (as I've had on/off connection issues with it in the past).

However, what I *can* do is download the codebase itself from the repository, boot up my own server, log on to it (which forces my BYOND client to download the majority of the 38mb from myself) and then hope that that speeds up any remaining download from the Urist server.  I think that's what I did last time.

Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that.  ;)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: June 20, 2014, 08:10:22 pm »

Oddly, my internet's not the problem - I get an easy 1mb/sec on pretty much all other services, sites etc.  It's purely BYOND's client that throttles it down to anywhere near that level.  No idea why at all.  Or possibly it's the server itself (as I've had on/off connection issues with it in the past).

However, what I *can* do is download the codebase itself from the repository, boot up my own server, log on to it (which forces my BYOND client to download the majority of the 38mb from myself) and then hope that that speeds up any remaining download from the Urist server.  I think that's what I did last time.

I also get great download speed on everything EXCEPT for Byond updates. But I just say fuck it, start the download, then go to sleep/work. :P I ain't fancy enough for them computer tricks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: June 20, 2014, 08:18:24 pm »

That may work, here's the new repo for you: https://github.com/UristMcStation/UristMcStation

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17468 on: June 21, 2014, 12:10:25 am »

Fiddled around with the map more. I need to figure out how to fit the relevant shuttles and their doors here but overall I am happy with this. Just looking for some feedback. I know there aren't any pipes or fire alarms yet. This is the arrivals/docking area im designing, yes that is the outline of the scom/centcom frigate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Making a map from scratch is tedious and the more I work on the the less I want to keep going but it does help me appreciate how much work is actually put into mapping.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17469 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:17 am »

Man, you aint seen nothing yet. Jsut wait, it will get nuts.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: June 21, 2014, 03:45:08 am »

Today i found that one of the gas senor is missing so the mixed air tank cannot detect tank or show pressure
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: June 21, 2014, 04:13:32 am »

Does the slow download happen with other servers too? A lot of people downloading resources from a server can cause lag, and I assume the reverse is also very possible.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17472 on: June 21, 2014, 04:14:43 am »

James Repetition Magee: Goat PTSD sufferer.
Crack-a-lack-a

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17473 on: June 21, 2014, 04:53:47 am »

Does the slow download happen with other servers too? A lot of people downloading resources from a server can cause lag, and I assume the reverse is also very possible.

Yeah, happens with all SS13 servers that I've encountered (except when running on localhost - I assume this might be because it manages to bypass a BYOND server somewhere along the line).  It only seems to crawl for the first ~10mb (which can take several hours), then the remaining ~20mb zooms past at 'normal' speed!

That may work, here's the new repo for you: https://github.com/UristMcStation/UristMcStation

Thanks, fingers crossed!  :)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17474 on: June 21, 2014, 05:10:19 am »

The goat hallucination was pretty cool
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1654