Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117578 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15075 on: March 21, 2014, 11:29:26 am »

All I saw was attempted murder, an evil cult and a dead captain.

Get suffocated, evil person. :u
Unless you were non-asimov.... cult is still people :(
But if you read Asimov's "I Robot" you will see that robots can 'break' the first law in order to save more lives. The robots with Asimov's laws are able to allow the harm of or harm a human, if it prevents or might prevent the harming of more humans. Based on that, even asimov AI's can still harm or even kill traitors, syndicates, cultists, wizards and death squads if it would save more human lives in the end.
Actually, In I Robot it is explicitly stated that robots can cause a small amount of harm to humans to prevent a greater amount of harm. A robot could ram into a human, maybe breaking a few ribs, to prevent that human from being crushed by a rock. Killing humans, however, is not a small amount of harm and thus unacceptable.

I have been made very happy. Even if we do NOT switch to BS12code at all, we're likely getting the modular cooking for /tg/.
Headcoders don't like it since it's basically a complete copypaste from bay, without respecting the differnences between bay and /tg/.
Then again:
>goofball
>writing good code

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: March 21, 2014, 11:30:38 am »

All I saw was attempted murder, an evil cult and a dead captain.

Get suffocated, evil person. :u
Unless you were non-asimov.... cult is still people :(
But if you read Asimov's "I Robot" you will see that robots can 'break' the first law in order to save more lives. The robots with Asimov's laws are able to allow the harm of or harm a human, if it prevents or might prevent the harming of more humans. Based on that, even asimov AI's can still harm or even kill traitors, syndicates, cultists, wizards and death squads if it would save more human lives in the end.
Actually, In I Robot it is explicitly stated that robots can cause a small amount of harm to humans to prevent a greater amount of harm. A robot could ram into a human, maybe breaking a few ribs, to prevent that human from being crushed by a rock. Killing humans, however, is not a small amount of harm and thus unacceptable.

I wonder how people would work with Laximov. The only difference being instead of 'harm' use 'death or permanent injury'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: March 21, 2014, 11:31:48 am »

Is it bad to say I prefer Paladin as a default lawset if only to be used as a guideline for the AI?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: March 21, 2014, 11:38:20 am »

Yes.
Corporate4lyfe

Also, Asimov fun fact, in the books robots can put humans in harm's way as long as they make sure the harm is neutralized before it reaches the humans. A robot without the second clause of law 1 could actually totally drop a huge boulder on a human.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:43:16 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: March 21, 2014, 01:01:21 pm »

Speaking of AIs, Descan mentioned distracting one with my prettiness earlier today.

My good looks aside, that actually raises the point of whether they still have any aesthetic preferences, and I can't get it out of my head.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: March 21, 2014, 01:34:03 pm »

For me, making an AI default as Asimov is to create a conflict driver. A well played AI is on no ones side but its laws. I mean even in that cult example, if the majority of the station has became cultists then by the kill a few the many you should be killing the security team rather than cultists.
That said, if you want to play an AI that is the command staffs bitch, you play Bay, if you want to roleplay your laws, go to TG, as much as that would usually go against conventional wisdom.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: March 21, 2014, 01:53:43 pm »

Weekend. SS13. Play it. Now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: March 21, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

Work. Thirty minutes. Play it. Later.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:57 pm »

Waiting for TTPE. Will observe in a week.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:05 pm »

Work. Thirty minutes. Play it. Later.

Well, it's not weekend if you still work. Therefore, you are not obliged to play until it IS weekend.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: March 21, 2014, 02:34:47 pm »

It's weekend on Saturday afternoon, probably around five. But I'm leaving to go visit my family then, so... >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: March 21, 2014, 03:56:34 pm »

Weekend. SS13. Play it. Now.
Not saturday yet.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: March 21, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »

DEAD: D.E.A.T.H. states, "I can understand that Jericho"
Syndicate Scientist says, "Let's see how the subverted AI d-"
Syndicate Scientist says, "..."
DEAD: Luca Ann says, "I cant wait for the surprise people will get then they see the tatortext"
Syndicate Scientist says, "Mother."
Syndicate Scientist says, "Fucker."
Syndicate Scientist says, "I told them to update the turrets with pulse rifles, BUT NOOO."
DEAD: Luca Ann says, "HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA"
Syndicate Scientist says, "..."
Syndicate Scientist says, "Wait."
Syndicate Scientist says, "Shit."
Syndicate Scientist says, "I'm stuck here."

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: March 21, 2014, 08:00:36 pm »

First time as Tator AI, was a bit nervous and watched my assassination target (the QM) nonstop because she is always watched by the HoS. Then someone tried to subvert me. We ended up helping each other and for some reasons a riot happening in Cargo Bay. I got the sec borg (who was equipped with weapons from the tator) to stun the QM and some poor hapless guy. The borg then murdered the QM. I turn around and acted like I was subverted earlier to kill everyone. The HoS was suspicious but the rest gobbled it up. Spent the rest of the round helping the other tators, although most of them fucked up.

I'm going to play as tator more now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: March 21, 2014, 08:19:13 pm »

First time as Tator AI, was a bit nervous and watched my assassination target (the QM) nonstop because she is always watched by the HoS. Then someone tried to subvert me. We ended up helping each other and for some reasons a riot happening in Cargo Bay. I got the sec borg (who was equipped with weapons from the tator) to stun the QM and some poor hapless guy. The borg then murdered the QM. I turn around and acted like I was subverted earlier to kill everyone. The HoS was suspicious but the rest gobbled it up. Spent the rest of the round helping the other tators, although most of them fucked up.

I'm going to play as tator more now.

Not just a little fuckup either but defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. I have the corgi meat, shuttle's called, no-one chasing me. I want to quickly try to borg the warden who I killed earlier, so I go to my hidden room and get started.
Then, I run out of time so I leave my bag of tools on the ground and rush to the shuttle helped by the subverted medborg.
On the shuttle, I look to confirm one last time I have my objective... IT WAS IN THE BAG OF TOOLS!
Rush back to the secret room - not enough time. Shuttle is gone without me :(
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1654