Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117010 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14505 on: February 28, 2014, 02:31:48 pm »

My connection dropped just as I set up the engine, and then the actual SERVER crashes? God.
About setting up the engine…  Yeah you kind of forgot to turn down the Particle Accelerator.
In my defense, I also had to micromanage the plasma I accidentally filled Engineering with. >.< And I would've done it, except CONNECTION FAILED.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:43 pm »

My connection dropped just as I set up the engine, and then the actual SERVER crashes? God.
About setting up the engine…  Yeah you kind of forgot to turn down the Particle Accelerator.
In my defense, I also had to micromanage the plasma I accidentally filled Engineering with. >.< And I would've done it, except CONNECTION FAILED.
Yeah, connection errors are always annoying.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14507 on: February 28, 2014, 03:39:42 pm »

Have you ever forgotten you were holding a plasma tank and turned on your internals? It's best when this happens AS you turn on the Singuloth.
Oh all the time. I've started manually turning on my air tank now, at least while in engineering. Well, I had started. I really should play again...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: February 28, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »

Have you ever forgotten you were holding a plasma tank and turned on your internals? It's best when this happens AS you turn on the Singuloth.
Oh all the time. I've started manually turning on my air tank now, at least while in engineering. Well, I had started. I really should play again...

Nothing says "competence" like seeing an engineer in engineering at round start with gas mask on for inside work.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: February 28, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: February 28, 2014, 07:39:19 pm »

Yeah, some people are kinda ridiculous. It takes an immediate threat to THEIR life to get them to call it.

Honestly I think it's the opposite - alot of people are ridiculous in how early they are willing to call the shuttle.

From an ingame viewpoint the station is probably expensive and NT would want you to try and salvage it if possible. Give how horrible of a company they are made out to be... it's probably not good times for the people who called the shuttle without a VERY good reason (and probably not good times even if there was a good reason).

But from a metagame perspective it just means a new round and either greentext if you're traitor, or a chance to be traitor if you're not... so some people call it the instant someone stubs their toe.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14511 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:54 pm »

For a traitor they need to spend as little time as possible on station once they have fulfilled their mission. Any time spent sitting on their hands is time they can be caught/killed. It's not meta for them. They want to be gone.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: February 28, 2014, 07:52:22 pm »

I try to be reasonable IC for calling the shuttle

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14513 on: February 28, 2014, 07:58:07 pm »

I need to turn traitor back on. I'm bad at it, or rather I'm bad at causing the shuttle to be called within 2 hours. I'm also bad at tracking the traitor keywords. With a higher pop that first thing is not as much a problem but the second thing is made worse. I need to work on that second thing because collaboration makes the game interesting.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: February 28, 2014, 08:01:36 pm »

Yeah, some people are kinda ridiculous. It takes an immediate threat to THEIR life to get them to call it.

Honestly I think it's the opposite - alot of people are ridiculous in how early they are willing to call the shuttle.

From an ingame viewpoint the station is probably expensive and NT would want you to try and salvage it if possible. Give how horrible of a company they are made out to be... it's probably not good times for the people who called the shuttle without a VERY good reason (and probably not good times even if there was a good reason).

But from a metagame perspective it just means a new round and either greentext if you're traitor, or a chance to be traitor if you're not... so some people call it the instant someone stubs their toe.

I have no problem when a traitor calls it, but honestly I feel that people should feel more lenient and at least attempt to extend the round.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14515 on: February 28, 2014, 08:25:25 pm »

For a traitor they need to spend as little time as possible on station once they have fulfilled their mission. Any time spent sitting on their hands is time they can be caught/killed. It's not meta for them. They want to be gone.
But a lot of the time the crew will call the shuttle because of some minor thing. I have been in rounds where someone set the bar on fire and the shuttle got called. The bar.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: February 28, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »

But a lot of the time the crew will call the shuttle because of some minor thing. I have been in rounds where someone set the bar on fire and the shuttle got called. The bar.

Well when you've got fire near the booze stockpile you want to make sure no one's close enough for the explosion to hit them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: February 28, 2014, 09:13:24 pm »

Well when you've got fire near the booze stockpile you want to make sure no one's close enough for the explosion to hit them.

Lack of booze is a reason to call the shuttle.
-CE

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: February 28, 2014, 10:20:47 pm »

You can make booze.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher