Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116814 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14460 on: February 27, 2014, 03:38:41 pm »

Have you ever forgotten you were holding a plasma tank and turned on your internals? It's best when this happens AS you turn on the Singuloth.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: February 27, 2014, 03:41:09 pm »

Have you ever forgotten you were holding a plasma tank and turned on your internals? It's best when this happens AS you turn on the Singuloth.

You know what's worse? Breaking into Toxins and flooding it with Plasma as a traitor, then fleeing from captivity through disposals right through Science, getting Plasma poisoning and dying. True story.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: February 27, 2014, 05:33:56 pm »

main server seems to be down again

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: February 27, 2014, 05:39:00 pm »

Yup. Me and Paunzerfaust (spell it right?) have been experimenting on the alt. I have another idea, btw, and will be on tomorrow probably 6gmt onwards. Please, main, be up...
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: February 27, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »

Oh, come OOOOOOOON. I wanted to have a nice couple of rounds on the maaaaaiiiin.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: February 27, 2014, 06:21:57 pm »

The soundtrack "Not safe" from Off fits rather well when its the stage in a game when people are dying left and right.
Crack-a-lack-a

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: February 27, 2014, 07:20:44 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:53 pm »

I'm going to take a shot at adding flags that can be carried around and raised. My ideas were a "real" Nanotrasen/Syndicate flag, that look professional and well-designed, and a variety of ghetto flags made with bedsheets. All of them would waft to a magical breeze. The only problem is that I lack any notable spriting talent and spriting an actual, moving flag would be a pain in the ass. If anyone would like to take up the challenge... Please try to keep them down to the size of 1x2 tiles, or 2x2 at most.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: February 27, 2014, 10:25:44 pm »

I'm going to take a shot at adding flags that can be carried around and raised. My ideas were a "real" Nanotrasen/Syndicate flag, that look professional and well-designed, and a variety of ghetto flags made with bedsheets. All of them would waft to a magical breeze. The only problem is that I lack any notable spriting talent and spriting an actual, moving flag would be a pain in the ass. If anyone would like to take up the challenge... Please try to keep them down to the size of 1x2 tiles, or 2x2 at most.

Try to keep them 32x32, it'll keep dumb icon issues from happening, like a flag overlaying a wall or somesuch.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:25 pm »

I've wanted banners for awhile. It would make revolutions that much more badass. Can we have hammer and sickle banners for that special touch?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: February 28, 2014, 01:40:03 am »

Well, it appears they found the issue for the frequent server crashes on Sibyl, BS12 and here. Apparently, there is a memory leak in Dream Daemon that is extremely pronounced in SS13, and less pronounced in other BYOND games like Eternia and NEStalgia. The problem goes back to the start of the 500 series, and causes BYOND to slowly take up more more and more memory, eventually crashing when it reaches 4GB which is the maximum BYOND can address.

Lummox is working on a fix for it, and the latest beta versions is geared towards fixing this issue. Hopefully, they fix it for the next stable update, and we can return to a stable server.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:43 am »

Could regular restarts temporarily address this?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: February 28, 2014, 02:52:28 am »

Could regular restarts temporarily address this?

It would require restarting BYOND serverside, and restarting the server regularly. We'd just end up with more downtime, and more hassle for our host, Vactor.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:49 am »

Try to keep them 32x32, it'll keep dumb icon issues from happening, like a flag overlaying a wall or somesuch.

By that I assume you mean 32 pixels not tiles right?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: February 28, 2014, 03:59:02 am »

By that I assume you mean 32 pixels not tiles right?

Yup, the vast majority of SS13 sprites are 32x32 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1654