Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120144 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14010 on: February 08, 2014, 11:55:36 pm »

The RD's laserpointer is one too, IIRC. Which is, y'know, sorta shitty. Not least because there are two of them if there's an RD (one on spawn, one in the locker). That, and (speaking for myself) the RD will usually give it away anyways, 'cause it takes up pocket space. Would be nice to be able to clip it to the labcoat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: February 09, 2014, 12:19:14 am »

S-Com round was awesome. I was Captain Helsbrecht. I'll do a write-up later, but it was awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: February 09, 2014, 12:19:24 am »

Wooo, speshul Alium invasion round. I killed all the aliens. And nobody gave me my wand.  :(

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: February 09, 2014, 12:19:30 am »

Well that was a beautifully fun mess of a round. I should put S-COM in more invasion rounds from now on.

EDIT: It got a but clusterfucky when we had 37 people on at once, but it was still a hell of a good time. Definitely doing that more.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:21:50 am by Glloyd »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: February 09, 2014, 12:23:09 am »

The RD's laserpointer is one too, IIRC. Which is, y'know, sorta shitty. Not least because there are two of them if there's an RD (one on spawn, one in the locker). That, and (speaking for myself) the RD will usually give it away anyways, 'cause it takes up pocket space. Would be nice to be able to clip it to the labcoat.
The laser pointer is a special objective now, which means only ninjas will be given it short of admin intervention. The laser pointer really isn't that different from corgi meat, the ablative, plasma, straight jackets, syringe guns, or circuit boards, since more than one can be found or made. I've honestly never seen a director give up their laser pointer. It's like Lamarr: Useless, but they still like it anyway.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: February 09, 2014, 12:43:34 am »

WELL. THAT HAPPENED.

I can't say anything about the CREW side of things, as, I was one of the four S-COMERS who saved the fucking universe. THAT WAS AMAZING. And so, I leave this debrief with...

S-COM IS BEST COM
JERICHO IS BEST UNIVERSE SAVER
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: February 09, 2014, 01:03:06 am »

The laser pointer is a special objective now, which means only ninjas will be given it short of admin intervention. The laser pointer really isn't that different from corgi meat, the ablative, plasma, straight jackets, syringe guns, or circuit boards, since more than one can be found or made. I've honestly never seen a director give up their laser pointer. It's like Lamarr: Useless, but they still like it anyway.
I usually end up giving away/throwing my spawn one somewhere; regardless of what I'm working on, there's always the need for another spare item slot, and there's a second one if I really feel the need to inefficiently blind someone. Leaving that aside, it's unlike all of those because there is literally no reason for someone to be suspicious for having one, unless the RD's office was blatantly broken in to. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: February 09, 2014, 01:09:41 am »

You can shove the laser pointer into the R&D deconstructor, so instant ninja fail.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:29 am »

Quote from: Jacob/Lee link=toper, and theic=123140.msg4994832#msg4994832 date=1391923389
I've honestly never seen a director give up their laser pointer. It's like Lamarr: Useless, but they still like it anyway.

Really? I get them a lot (relatively), just by asking. Not even as traitor. One round, I asked for a laser pointer and the RD was there in like ten seconds, threw it on the ground, and disappeared in the blink of an eye, no doubt off to another ungodly experiment.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:35 am »

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #14021 on: February 09, 2014, 03:57:03 am »

That was hilarious end of round. I stole the disk from the braindead captain, so I called the shuttle, put a bomb on the bridge and made up some BS about a station wide evac due to the syndicate getting nuclear auth codes, which was sort of true. 30 seconds till we dock at nanatrasen, the nuke sound plays and boom, every traitor that would have greentexted failed instead.
Wow.
That was quite brilliant. I wondered what actually happened in the end with that shuttle error and all.
Overall I had much fun yesterday.

And Hanslanda? Please, do write that report, I'd like to see how much of self-head-smacking there needs to be done for me leaving early to get that 4 and a half hours of sleep.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: February 09, 2014, 07:34:45 am »

Is it possible to make more laser pointers?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: February 09, 2014, 01:31:00 pm »

Note: the librarian has one.

And you can blind cameras and people with it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: February 09, 2014, 01:36:52 pm »

Note: the librarian has one.

And you can blind cameras and people with it.

So does Lawyer. Of course, the two being glorified Assistants, few people play them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1654