Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118812 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13680 on: January 30, 2014, 01:23:51 am »

Yeah, server ded.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:22 am »

Maybe give each part an overwhelming solar array and robust SMES to back it up? What's the fun in that, though?

brainstorm me solutions to problems you don't even know exist spessmen thread
Obviously, each section is going to have a power line running from it to Engineering. There's no point in having an Engine otherwise. Maybe the power line starts wired, maybe it doesn't, but either way, you should absolutely expect Engineering to try to put Singularity power into the station. As far as backup power goes for the various modules, you have options:

Solars: The most obvious option! This section gets 1 SMES, 18 solar panels, a solar tracker and a coil of cables behind an engineering door. If the Singularity wires to this section start wired, the Solars wires start unwired and vis versa. This provides unreliable power long into the round, so you'll want this for areas like the Diner, Dorms, Library and Chapel that can afford to have unreliable backup power.
A P.A.C.M.A.N generator: Less obvious, but still doable. This area starts with a closet containing a generator, an exposed wire, a crate of plasma sheets and a Wrench. Best for areas that either need a lot of power all at the start of the round like Research and Medbay or for areas that can be expected to build their own power supply in short order, like Cargo and Engineering.
A crate full of power cells: The most reliable, but most effort-intensive option. Includes a table with a cell charger, 3-7 High-Capacity cells and a single pair of yellow gloves. Good for Command and Security, where you have someone (HoP and Warden) who is expected to be hanging around most of the shift keeping an eye on things. Requires that the Warden start with APC access, though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: January 30, 2014, 03:16:42 am »

Maybe give each part an overwhelming solar array and robust SMES to back it up? What's the fun in that, though?

brainstorm me solutions to problems you don't even know exist spessmen thread
Obviously, each section is going to have a power line running from it to Engineering. There's no point in having an Engine otherwise. Maybe the power line starts wired, maybe it doesn't, but either way, you should absolutely expect Engineering to try to put Singularity power into the station. As far as backup power goes for the various modules, you have options:

Solars: The most obvious option! This section gets 1 SMES, 18 solar panels, a solar tracker and a coil of cables behind an engineering door. If the Singularity wires to this section start wired, the Solars wires start unwired and vis versa. This provides unreliable power long into the round, so you'll want this for areas like the Diner, Dorms, Library and Chapel that can afford to have unreliable backup power.
A P.A.C.M.A.N generator: Less obvious, but still doable. This area starts with a closet containing a generator, an exposed wire, a crate of plasma sheets and a Wrench. Best for areas that either need a lot of power all at the start of the round like Research and Medbay or for areas that can be expected to build their own power supply in short order, like Cargo and Engineering.
A crate full of power cells: The most reliable, but most effort-intensive option. Includes a table with a cell charger, 3-7 High-Capacity cells and a single pair of yellow gloves. Good for Command and Security, where you have someone (HoP and Warden) who is expected to be hanging around most of the shift keeping an eye on things. Requires that the Warden start with APC access, though.

Have either Engineering or a massive solar array with the department pods around it on the edge of the circle with the array/Engineering as the centre.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: January 30, 2014, 03:55:29 am »

What is an avatar of Nar-Sie, and what can you do with it?
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: January 30, 2014, 04:41:41 am »

It's what is called Nar-Sie in general.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: January 30, 2014, 04:43:27 am »

Just asked because I saw one on a gateway mission
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: January 30, 2014, 04:44:29 am »

Oh. Then I don't know.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #13687 on: January 30, 2014, 05:55:58 am »

I honestly thought this is a thread about "Spacebase DF-9", because I've never heard of Space Station 13 AND because I forgot the precise name of SB DF-9.

I can say this looks very interesting. I'm reading the tutorials now, will probably jump in soon. The name's Sinistar, unless that's taken or I decide otherwise.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:27 am »

I honestly thought this is a thread about "Spacebase DF-9", because I've never heard of Space Station 13 AND because I forgot the precise name of SB DF-9.

I can say this looks very interesting. I'm reading the tutorials now, will probably jump in soon. The name's Sinistar, unless that's taken or I decide otherwise.

Great, new players are always welcome! Although be warned, right now the main server is dead, we do have an alternative one, though.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: January 30, 2014, 08:54:08 am »

It's like the big Nar-Sie except smaller. The one on the away mission is sooper speshul and never moves or messes with the environment. Actual Avatars are spawned by the veil render, which can only be spawned in sandbox and should NEVER BE USED.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: January 30, 2014, 09:06:02 am »

It's like the big Nar-Sie except smaller.

I find that a rather amusing description.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: January 30, 2014, 10:31:10 am »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.  Back up.

The gateway works these days?  :o

Man, I've been away for a while.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: January 30, 2014, 10:34:43 am »

Yes it does, apparently.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: January 30, 2014, 10:35:30 am »

Yes it does, apparently.
WHAT.