Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118956 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13440 on: January 24, 2014, 10:06:05 am »

S-COM's fatal flaw; they don't understand teamwork at all. We should try to find a solution to that.

More friendly fire!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:36 am »

QQ. Only three people on the server.

JOOOOIIIIIN

Sadly, that early it is strange to have even three people on.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: January 24, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »

Aliums were going to get eaten by the sing until admins :(

By the time the admin deleted it, we had evacuated the area being eaten and set up a new hive anyway.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: January 24, 2014, 07:45:30 pm »

So this is what I did today.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: January 24, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »

Monkey brain transplant 1 failed: Not enough time to stop Vlad yelling at me while monkey.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: January 24, 2014, 08:03:38 pm »

I kinda wish we could flop to the floor and still shoot somehow...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: January 24, 2014, 08:15:07 pm »

So this is what I did today.
stopped reading at IC in OOC. Such dissapoint, sad monkibe.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: January 24, 2014, 08:23:02 pm »

I like blob rounds, but I dislike how everyone goes 'CALL SHUTTLE NOW!'

Makes the rounds too short and boring.

Maybe a Rev-like clause? Destroy the blob or no-go?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: January 24, 2014, 09:26:08 pm »

It is a valuable station after all. The crew should have to expend some effort to save it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: January 24, 2014, 09:45:04 pm »

To be fair, blob is pretty much impossible to kill unless you find it almost as soon as it starts growing, or if you've already made a full set of cap bombs before it is discovered. I remember one round where we found it before it had build any structures (it had planted in the engineering storage room). With three of us doing rotations with eight las- and e-guns and a row of rechargers wrenched to the floor outside, it still took close to ten minutes to kill it, and that was with it being less than 15 tiles wide with no resource nodes or factory nodes.

The only good blob round I ever had was one when we were back on either box or meta, where some scientist had wasted all of their bombs attacking the outer layer of it. I'd stolen a hardsuit and a couple guns, including the Cap's gun, and spacewalked around the outside of the station to come at it from behind. I managed to get a few hits on the core while fending off the little bloblings, but I ran out of charges and the cap's gun doesn't have high enough recharge for the DPS to beat the strong blob regrowth rate. The scientist tried (and failed) to make a canister bomb, but I hadn't into toxins at that point, so I didn't know that it wouldn't work and ended up dying trying to pull it over to the core.

By and large blob is just a boring lagfest as everyone waits for the shuttle to arrive or for the blob to consume all. It's even sort of sucky as the blob; the only time I enjoyed that was when I asked to be blobbed in deadchat to help out the existing one and we managed to plant a core on the escape shuttle. Other than that... :|

I guess it's just that the blob is unlike virtually every other antagonist, in that it is difficult to kill but also not very dangerous; the bloblings don't do very much damage and die easily, and the only way for the blob to really kill people other than that is trapping them in a dangerous environment. So the crew can't really hurt a blob that has had time to grow, but at the same time the blob isn't going to wipe out the crew without an arseload of work, and it lags the server to boot. I like the idea of the slow, creeping threat (a la Romero zombies in space, as we were discussing earlier), but it should both be very dangerous if it corners you as well as mortal if you hurt it badly enough, and shouldn't make large swaths of the station inaccessable. That's part of the reason why I was in favor of the slowzombie idea.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: January 24, 2014, 09:55:28 pm »

The only good blob round I ever had was one when we were back on either box or meta, where some scientist had wasted all of their bombs attacking the outer layer of it. I'd stolen a hardsuit and a couple guns, including the Cap's gun, and spacewalked around the outside of the station to come at it from behind. I managed to get a few hits on the core while fending off the little bloblings, but I ran out of charges and the cap's gun doesn't have high enough recharge for the DPS to beat the strong blob regrowth rate. The scientist tried (and failed) to make a canister bomb, but I hadn't into toxins at that point, so I didn't know that it wouldn't work and ended up dying trying to pull it over to the core.

I thought I had an extra bomb! I didn't know that the last one was used to blow a way to the core. :c
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: January 24, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »

I thought I had an extra bomb! I didn't know that the last one was used to blow a way to the core. :c

Hehe, it was still funny, especially in retrospect when I remember how hard I tried to get that canister to the core, only to realize that it didn't do anything. I kept slipping in space while trying to beat down the bloblings and tug the canister along. :P

In either case, I should have stolen more guns before I went. To be fair, that taught me the value of bringing a recharger to fight blobs.

3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:05 pm »

Man I remember that round.

ONLY time I ever made six maxcap bombs ever. Never, ever managed to make them again.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: January 24, 2014, 10:17:14 pm »

I'm still embarrassed by the first time I made bombs and accidentally blew myself up when I took an opportunity to kill the HoS and forgot that the rest of the bombs in my satchel were on the same radio frequency and code. =.=

3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: January 24, 2014, 10:22:38 pm »

I still have yet to get tank bombs to work.

Also, have I said how much I hate death and morons who MUST KILL?

I mean, when its your target, thats one thing. But when its a random dude who would have given you shit asked for in all probability?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1654