Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119067 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13380 on: January 22, 2014, 03:30:07 pm »

I need to get back into SS13 again - was really enjoying it during my last burst of games.  :)

How do people tend to RP repeated characters i.e. the same character in separate rounds?  Does anybody do it?

I've sometimes been tempted to assume that my character remembers previous rounds as different 'job placements' (although doesn't remember the people there, as most people treat new rounds as whole new realities and, obviously, there's a danger of metagaming if you allow for too much recall).

I had a personal rule that if my character died in a round, I wasn't allowed to play that character again in any future rounds.  Permadeath SS13, I guess.  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: January 22, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »

I need to get back into SS13 again - was really enjoying it during my last burst of games.  :)

How do people tend to RP repeated characters i.e. the same character in separate rounds?  Does anybody do it?

I've sometimes been tempted to assume that my character remembers previous rounds as different 'job placements' (although doesn't remember the people there, as most people treat new rounds as whole new realities and, obviously, there's a danger of metagaming if you allow for too much recall).

I had a personal rule that if my character died in a round, I wasn't allowed to play that character again in any future rounds.  Permadeath SS13, I guess.  :P

Yeah, characters are mostly recurring. Actually, I think very few people play a new character each round. The general rule is that you can remember anything except things that would grant you meta-knowledge.

So, let's say that at the beginning of a Nuke round you and some other people threw a great party, then the station got nuked, the following rounds you are free to reminisce about the party with other people, but you CANNOT know about Nuke Ops.

E: Eight people on. Somehow. Come over, it's Seekrit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:47:49 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: January 22, 2014, 03:53:46 pm »

We leave it up to the interpretation of the player as long as they RP it, but I'll grab the actual policy on it.

Persistent character relationships are acceptable, so long as they're roleplayed out every round. Due to things like the station blowing up and people dying, inconsistencies can occur, so it is up to you to roleplay it out, just so long as it's logical. Wordlessly assisting your OOC friends (or harming your OOC foes) ICly is NOT cool and will be addressed harshly. Roleplaying out your interactions will help you stay on the right side of the rules. How much or how little of previous "shifts" your character recalls is up to their discretion, with the caveat that being a known traitor doesn't persist past the round it occurred in, and your character is unaware of "meta-knowledge" such as changelings.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: January 22, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

We leave it up to the interpretation of the player as long as they RP it, but I'll grab the actual policy on it.

Persistent character relationships are acceptable, so long as they're roleplayed out every round. Due to things like the station blowing up and people dying, inconsistencies can occur, so it is up to you to roleplay it out, just so long as it's logical. Wordlessly assisting your OOC friends (or harming your OOC foes) ICly is NOT cool and will be addressed harshly. Roleplaying out your interactions will help you stay on the right side of the rules. How much or how little of previous "shifts" your character recalls is up to their discretion, with the caveat that being a known traitor doesn't persist past the round it occurred in, and your character is unaware of "meta-knowledge" such as changelings.

Oh, BTW: GLLOOOOOOOOYD! I know what you did with the code!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: January 22, 2014, 04:07:20 pm »

Hm? What about the code? I've done a lot of things with it :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:09:40 pm by Glloyd »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:08 pm »

I mean a certain recent addition. Which I wholly support, especially since you merged some fun recent /tg/ things, but you didn't mention adding it in the slightest in the thread itself.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: January 22, 2014, 04:21:29 pm »

To the code diving!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: January 22, 2014, 04:50:50 pm »

I mean a certain recent addition. Which I wholly support, especially since you merged some fun recent /tg/ things, but you didn't mention adding it in the slightest in the thread itself.

There was a poll on the server running for a whole week, over thirty people voted... I've announced it on the server dozens of times, haha. I only finally finished it yesterday morning though, and haven't had a chance to post it here yet :P

EDIT: For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I added the psychologist job as voted for by the playerbase. I'll post more about it when I have a chance.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:11:31 pm by Glloyd »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: January 22, 2014, 05:17:23 pm »

Oh, I thought you meant the automatic news bits...
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: January 22, 2014, 05:20:41 pm »

EDIT: For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I added the psychologist job as voted for by the playerbase. I'll post more about it when I have a chance.

I am going to prescribe ALL the medicinal marijuana.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: January 22, 2014, 05:25:35 pm »

Oh, I forgot about it. That's been sitting there untouched for almost a year now. Horribly outdated, and non-functional. I'll probably just delete it and start from scratch, if I do decide to continue with it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:32 pm »

And it may even be legal... Hmm...

Oh, I forgot about it. That's been sitting there untouched for almost a year now. Horribly outdated, and non-functional. I'll probably just delete it and start from scratch, if I do decide to continue with it.
Please continue it. The news is quiet these days... Throw in some S-com guff? You know, like how the new one has things at the bottom of the map room, or how xenonauts has some things talking about UFO activity.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:00 pm »

And it may even be legal... Hmm...

Or not, depending on the station heads/admins. Minor hijinks may ensue.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: January 22, 2014, 06:05:33 pm »

Right, what is the drying rack?
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: January 22, 2014, 06:14:54 pm »

'Yo, maaaaaan. You like, totally need medicinal ambrosia!'
'I HAVE TOXIN DAMA- GLORF!'
'EAT THE FUCKING AMBROSIA!'

You just have to administer more drugs to address the bad things in other drugs. That's how medicine works.
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1654