Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122334 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11595 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27:58 pm »

If the server's compiled in 500, you can't connect to it with older versions. We're probably 500 compatible if we're even remotely up-to-date with /tg/.

My 498 would beg to differ.

Can't you install 500 and then overwrite with the 498 byond.exe?

I have 499.1201 and have had it since it was the newest version. Never messed with it so I assume if the server is compiled in 500 that is not the case.

The server currently runs on 498.1163

We are 500 compatible, so I'd recommend updating to it at some point soon. By the looks of it, /tg/'s adding some stuff that will only work in 500.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27:59 pm »

"Can't we just like, make a shotgun in the NT style?"
"Look, I really want an NT shotgun. Is that too much to ask?"
'So, you want to spend half our funds getting this shotgun?'
'...yes?'
'God, no wonder we're doing worse than NT...'
"An agent blew his cover getting the shotgun. He killed five people, then released the singularity in order to stage an evac. We lost three agents alone after that, then the one who had the shotgun got his face bashed in by a clown with a toolbox."
"... Is that the shotgun alright?
"Yes. Here it is. Was it worth it, sir?"
"Totally. This is so cool."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: November 06, 2013, 07:29:42 pm »

Sprites for the shield are fine, however I'm not a big fan of adding in more potentially powerful items that can be made with very few materials.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: November 06, 2013, 07:31:24 pm »

Sprites for the shield are fine, however I'm not a big fan of adding in more potentially powerful items that can be made with very few materials.
This. As it stands pretty much the only things that can block are riot shields and e-swords. We do NOT need something with equivalent power that can be made by literally anyone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: November 06, 2013, 07:31:44 pm »

add some programming to require an antag tag, or even holding a hidden book of anarchy?
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: November 06, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »

add some programming to require an antag tag, or even holding a hidden book of anarchy?
Equipment that blocks incoming shots are rare and very, very powerful. It'd also be a pretty lame antagonist item and I sincerely doubt people would buy it even semi-regularly.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: November 06, 2013, 07:43:19 pm »

Well, it's meant break apart fairly quickly, and you can push people down instead of hitting them while they have the shield, making it much less useful then the riot shield. Hell, if you were fast enough, you could end up breaking it during the fight.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: November 06, 2013, 07:45:05 pm »

Well, it does break apart fairly quickly, and you can push people down instead of hitting them with it, making it much less useful then the riot shield.
If you make a gun that's a one-hit instant kill for anyone else unlucky to get in the way, but try to balance it by making it so it breaks apart after one shot, it still has a large potential to be overpowered. What will happen if we implement something like that, is that at the start of every round half of the crew will create the shield and basically run around with it the entire round in case someone decides to attack them. If it breaks they'll just run back to the nearest sheet of metal and make a new one in under a minute.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: November 06, 2013, 07:47:33 pm »

Actually, stunprods are like the shield (Basically the same as stunsticks except made from common materials, except you have to swap out the power cell after a few hits), but they aren't often carried around. Though they do use power cells, but then again you can just steal those. Perhaps it should use something like plasteel instead of metal, making it slightly harder to get...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: November 06, 2013, 07:52:24 pm »

Actually, stunprods are like the shield (Basically the same as stunsticks except made from common materials, except you have to swap out the power cell after a few hits), but they aren't often carried around. Though they do use power cells, but then again you can just steal those. Perhaps it should use something like plasteel instead of metal, making it slightly harder to get...

Plasteel would make more sense, and make it more worth pushing to /tg/.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: November 06, 2013, 07:57:44 pm »

I think the question should be, would a defensive item that keeps people from dying result in rounds that are more hilarious or less hilarious?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: November 06, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »

Since it breaks, I think more hilarious.

"HAHA! Now you can't hit me, you dickwad! Keep trying, pointlessly, with your wrench! I am invinci--"
*SMASH*
"Fu--"
*ROBUSTED*

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:41 pm »

I just don't think it'd be a worthwhile addition. I'd much rather have people willing to push out moderately sized changes to the code as opposed to little things we'll just end up pushing onto /tg/ anyways.
Welcome to Reality.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »

Sorry for spoiling that fun storyline of Romans in space. I originally figured it was going to be a low pop round with only me as traitor with escape alone. Was best to just off people one by one instead of getting disarmed on the shuttle because I'm bad at hand-to-hand and can't RP well. I try, but goddamnit I have traitor off for a reason. Stop picking me, RNG. I'm either going to be slow to do anything or you give me the perfect excuse to just kill everyone. Sorry Axel.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:14:01 pm by BigD145 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: November 06, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

I like the idea of a shield, one made out of plastisteel that slows you right down, takes both hands to use and breaks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1654