Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122564 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11565 on: November 06, 2013, 06:39:47 am »

If the server's compiled in 500, you can't connect to it with older versions. We're probably 500 compatible if we're even remotely up-to-date with /tg/.

Also, is the shotgun still an objective for our server? It probably shouldn't be, considering our RP policy.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: November 06, 2013, 09:27:50 am »

I still have the old version 400 something, and I have had no lag and no problems with connecting.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:00 am »

Why the hell do the syndicates even want a shotgun? Considering they have much better ballistic weapons it just doesn't make sense. And RP wise people usually don't care too much if you stole it in an emergency.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: November 06, 2013, 10:19:02 am »

If the server's compiled in 500, you can't connect to it with older versions. We're probably 500 compatible if we're even remotely up-to-date with /tg/.

My 498 would beg to differ.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: November 06, 2013, 10:35:24 am »

Also, is the shotgun still an objective for our server? It probably shouldn't be, considering our RP policy.

It is sadly. I don't know if I want to change that because of /tg/ compatibility and whatnot.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: November 06, 2013, 10:41:42 am »

It is sadly. I don't know if I want to change that because of /tg/ compatibility and whatnot.

/tg/ changes the objectives veeeeery rarely. Plus, wasn't that actually our own addition, a while back?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: November 06, 2013, 10:56:03 am »

/tg/ changes the objectives veeeeery rarely. Plus, wasn't that actually our own addition, a while back?

No, I don't believe so. I don't think I have the time to do that at the moment, but if you want to do it and set up a PR, that'd be cool.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: November 06, 2013, 11:36:33 am »

I'm so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone....

You know what you must do, Kim Jong Il.

Release the tigers!

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:51 pm »

No, I don't believe so. I don't think I have the time to do that at the moment, but if you want to do it and set up a PR, that'd be cool.

It was, I did that. I did it because the shotgun is usually a coveted item, and at the time there were worse objective items such as the CMO's jumpsuit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: November 06, 2013, 12:46:24 pm »

It's fine for /tg/, I was just saying that it's hard to put somebody on trial and execute or perma them for having a shotgun. You can execute or perma somebody for stealing high-tech items like the magboots or the RCD, or corporate spionage like stealing the station blueprints. But an old double-barreled shotgun is hardly high-tech or classified, is it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:13 pm »

My 498 would beg to differ.

Can't you install 500 and then overwrite with the 498 byond.exe?

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: November 06, 2013, 01:36:03 pm »

It's fine for /tg/, I was just saying that it's hard to put somebody on trial and execute or perma them for having a shotgun. You can execute or perma somebody for stealing high-tech items like the magboots or the RCD, or corporate spionage like stealing the station blueprints. But an old double-barreled shotgun is hardly high-tech or classified, is it?

I think the idea is that you would be compelled to commit crimes in order to gain possession of the shotgun, and being a coveted item, its theft is likely to be reported.

Corgi Meat, and some of the captain's personal property don't make the most sensical objectives for a traitor, but they do drive conflict. (probably more-so than the more 'off-limits' items like the teleporter or blueprints, which seem more likely to not be missed when stolen)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: November 06, 2013, 02:22:00 pm »

But it's fairly easy to gun them down for being armed and dangerous for having a SHOTGUN. You are thinking about this like you'll catch them, which is Good Cop Thinkingtm. You need some good ole Shitcuritytm thinking for this one. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: November 06, 2013, 02:56:10 pm »

'WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?'
'Assault with a deadly weapon.'
'It has beanbag shells!'
'Assault'
'He didn't shoot!'
'Holding a weapon.'
'I saw you plant it on him!'
'Weapon.'
And then security shoots him for interfering with an investigation.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: November 06, 2013, 02:57:00 pm »

'WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?'
'Assault with a deadly weapon.'