Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117085 times)

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10470 on: October 01, 2013, 04:47:51 am »

I made a bomb that did 3,7,14 by heating plasma to 150C and then filling a tank to about half with the heated plasma and then putting 40kpa room temp oxygen in it. Then I waited for it to heat up to 2000C in the tank and blew it up. Also the carry able plasma tanks have a max pressure of about 3000kpa before it leaks out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: October 01, 2013, 09:50:30 am »

Yeah, 3000kPa is your upper limit on tanks. Though you don't need nearly that much to hit bombcap.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: October 01, 2013, 10:43:30 am »

Toxins is dissapointing because there's a bomb cap. Apparently, there wasn't a bomb cap in ye olden days of Cuban Pete.

Either way, I am working on a banana shotgun because fuck you.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:12 am »

Toxins is dissapointing because there's a bomb cap. Apparently, there wasn't a bomb cap in ye olden days of Cuban Pete.

Either way, I am working on a banana shotgun because fuck you.

The cap was put in place because of Cuban Pete and the likes of him.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: October 01, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »

Yeah, as much as I love giggling maniacally while the station lags under the force of my bombs, I wouldn't do it if I was risking a server crash for the good ones.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: October 01, 2013, 05:52:41 pm »

Mumble mumble players mumble mumble alone

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: October 01, 2013, 08:03:43 pm »

I remember making bombs on the really old goon code bay 12 server. The bombs you could make can take out half the station without much effort. Good times but man the lag.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: October 03, 2013, 11:33:03 am »

Somebody made this.

E: Oh god the file is even called HBL_on_duty.gif

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: October 03, 2013, 12:38:33 pm »

Seems pretty true to life...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: October 03, 2013, 12:59:04 pm »

That is awesome, but mine would have a "Spawn Vines" and "Gibself" on there too. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: October 03, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »

That is awesome, but mine would have a "Spawn Vines" and "Gibself" on there too. :P

you can gib ghosts for an impromptu meat fountain.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: October 03, 2013, 01:15:56 pm »

Gibbing ghosts should yield ectoplasm :(
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

I dunno, I like being able to spawn invisible exploding bodies during welder rounds or somesuch.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10483 on: October 03, 2013, 04:05:15 pm »

I dunno, I like being able to spawn invisible exploding bodies during welder rounds or somesuch.
I miss welder rounds. Plus, now that I can make high-magnitude bombs...

EDIT:
In case you missed it the first time; No, I can't make canitsers themselves into impromptu (loophole abuse) mega-bombs themselves (3 of them simultaneously, while at it) that are so powerful, Centcomm would be destroyed from the station exploding/being vaporized (along with the server).

For context, I was trying to use the piping system/canister mixing station as an impromtu-mega-bomb, which would rival a nuke (alternative win condition for blob rounds? Or an utterly broken way to kill off a blob?), very much akin to the handheld bombs Toxins builds, except using the super-sized canisters, instead of the tanks the very canisters themselves fill for making bombs. It would've been so epic if it worked as planned. On the other hand, forgetting to close the final mix of the failed experiment melted the entire toxins lab and some of the R&D hallways before cooling down, but not before setting off the other tanks as well, making the lab hotter than the sun for a brief moment.

Despite the initial disappointment, I was not disappointed with the resulting failure (still helped make that (7,14,29) bomb). Look out, AI and Welder.

My originally intended plans:
1  SC'd-O2-----\ (Attach first)
3  SH'd-CO2----+ (Attach last)   (Detonates combined mixutre)
2  SC'd-Plasma-/ (Attach Second) (Mixes both Super-cooled substances)

End result could have become (75,150,300). Theoretically speaking.

EDIT EDIT:
Then again, what was the bomb-cap for the server anyhow? I feel like my best bombs always hit the cap limits. That be the case, then simply put, my canister-bombs would basically have been (bomb-cap x10) otherwise instead of what I initially put in. I think they would have gotten more powerful by not being capped due to said loopholes.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:34:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: October 03, 2013, 07:11:10 pm »

The day you had managed the 7,14,29, I had 'removed' the cap. The cap is variable. It starts at 3, 7, 14 as standard. It can be increased to up to 32, 64, 128, which is what it was set on when you made that bomb. You came nowhere near the cap that day. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1654