Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115991 times)

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8070 on: July 22, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »

Override /obj/item/weapon/reagent_containers/food/attack_self to check contents, print pretty message, and call up and go on from there.
Shouldn't be too much complications but you should check if it works good with other reagent containers and special food effects.

Of course that's assuming you want this  effect only on food and not for example chloral pills leaving sour aftertaste.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:21:27 pm by Antur »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: July 22, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »

Is there a list of commands somewhere, that I can figure out exactly what I can tell the game to do? If it's possible to make it that simple...

I guess this works, in a way. I might wind up calling things something generic, like this:

Say you're eating, I don't know, an apple. It's got, say 4u sugar per bite, 1u of "bitter". Grinding would actually produce nutriment, sugar, and bitter... something, allowing the chef to now get condiments out of food.

I don't plan to make the microwave suddenly start taking excess condiments and still work. I don't plan to really make a way to condiment-ify foods after making them. I probably won't manage to do anything with the fact you can now extract flavors from food, other than having plant potency play a role in how much you actually get- a really, really potent chilli pepper would "taste like hellfire" whereas one with very low potency would "taste mildly warm". I doubt the new "taste" condiments will be useful for anything, except maybe giving to the chemist to make pills not taste like shit.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: July 22, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

I'd love to have some system of adding tastes. It would make this entire mod a LOT more interesting and unique, which was something I was shooting for the whole time. To be honest, I don't know what I'm doing, or if I'd be capable of making that without outside help of some kind. I'd be more than willing to read guides or something, to get a better grip on what I'm capable of doing within the SS13 code, but until then or until I get confident and knowledgeable such changes are beyond my current ability. Even the bluespace effect on Bluespace Mary is something I was questioning if I'd be able to do- after all, it would mean somehow taking code that involves throwing an object and hooking it to a much less detailed trigger. How would having no thrown direction or location work? In theory, I could simply have the "location" the player drinking the drink, but again this requires code I have not even touched yet nor do I completely understand.

For taste, you could base your code off the currently unused (in /tg/) flavour text for pain.

For the Bluespace Mary simply copypasta the Bluespace Tomato code.

I'd go more in depth, but I hate typing long things on a phone.

EDIT:
Is there a list of commands somewhere, that I can figure out exactly what I can tell the game to do? If it's possible to make it that simple...

Cast your net and go trawling through the code. Seriously. The best way to find related procs and vars is to find similar items and look at their defining .dm's. That's pretty much how I learned BYOND code.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:37:41 pm by Glloyd »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: July 22, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

I guess this works, in a way. I might wind up calling things something generic, like this:

Say you're eating, I don't know, an apple. It's got, say 4u sugar per bite, 1u of "bitter". Grinding would actually produce nutriment, sugar, and bitter... something, allowing the chef to now get condiments out of food.

I don't plan to make the microwave suddenly start taking excess condiments and still work. I don't plan to really make a way to condiment-ify foods after making them. I probably won't manage to do anything with the fact you can now extract flavors from food, other than having plant potency play a role in how much you actually get- a really, really potent chilli pepper would "taste like hellfire" whereas one with very low potency would "taste mildly warm". I doubt the new "taste" condiments will be useful for anything, except maybe giving to the chemist to make pills not taste like shit.

Try these:
http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/
http://wiki.ss13.eu/index.php/SS13_for_experienced_programmers

Condimentifying after making food isn't something you must enable. If consumption triggers the message, at least. AFAIK you can use Salt and Pepper shakers on pretty much every food, though since they are tasteless it has no effect.

Also, I think that Potency works by increasing the number of chemicals in most of the plants, so if you managed to include volumetric taste, more potent chillis would indeed taste hotter.

Also, as insane as it sounds, you should probably look in the code that turns glasses into drinks if you put something in them. The principle is essentially the same, except instead of changing the name and the icon you'd have a message that shows up as soon as you ingest something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: July 22, 2013, 04:46:30 pm »

All on my lonesome, here!

LET US BE ALONE TOGETHER!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: July 22, 2013, 05:27:35 pm »

Try these:

Condimentifying after making food isn't something you must enable. If consumption triggers the message, at least. AFAIK you can use Salt and Pepper shakers on pretty much every food, though since they are tasteless it has no effect.

Also, I think that Potency works by increasing the number of chemicals in most of the plants, so if you managed to include volumetric taste, more potent chillis would indeed taste hotter.

Also, as insane as it sounds, you should probably look in the code that turns glasses into drinks if you put something in them. The principle is essentially the same, except instead of changing the name and the icon you'd have a message that shows up as soon as you ingest something.

You've got something there, possibly. I'll look into it, and you guys have given me enough options to hash it out, I hope.

Also, assuming this works, purchasing "chips" from the vender will result in one of ten varieties of chips each with a (eventually) different flavorer. Cuban Pete's Chilli Pepper Chips (shortened a bit in the name) will be spicy, for instance. Salt and Vinegar would contain salt and "sour". Basically, I shoved a rand(1,10) immediately before defining anything at all other than the /obj path.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: July 22, 2013, 05:51:49 pm »

Try these:

You've got something there, possibly. I'll look into it, and you guys have given me enough options to hash it out, I hope.

Also, assuming this works, purchasing "chips" from the vender will result in one of ten varieties of chips each with a (eventually) different flavorer. Cuban Pete's Chilli Pepper Chips (shortened a bit in the name) will be spicy, for instance. Salt and Vinegar would contain salt and "sour". Basically, I shoved a rand(1,10) immediately before defining anything at all other than the /obj path.

Now THAT is very cool and pretty elegant (that's how Mystery Soup works, actually).

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: July 22, 2013, 06:07:20 pm »

Last round guys, are you going to come back?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: July 22, 2013, 06:18:07 pm »

That's kinda almost what I did, I just moved the rand(1,10) up a few entries. I think.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: July 22, 2013, 06:18:41 pm »

Eh, there are some not-so-bad creepypastas out there.

What's that law or something that says "90% of everything is crap"? Godwin's Law or something?
Sturgeon's Law.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: July 22, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »

We accidentally chips tastes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: July 22, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »

The new chip code has thrown 36 errors at me, so I attempted to fix it.

I'm now at 71 errors. I'm going to move things back the way they belong and figure out why the indentations are so incorrect and why the arguments are so bad tomorrow when I wake up.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: July 23, 2013, 12:06:23 am »

Did you check the parentheses?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:55 am »

Nah, it's not that. It would be spitting other errors out, I think.

Things are in the wrong order, and they aren't indented right, I think.

Except the clown chips. Had some unterminated text there.

Recompiling with the... hopefully correct order.

That's interesting.
Apparently naming something "chips" so the vendor dosen't flip the fuck out (no idea if it will or not, but better be safe right?) then immediately renaming it later under a rand won't throw out errors. Still at 50, and it's all indentations and bad argument definitions. Huh. I am down to 50 now.

Not noticing any missing parenthesis.

Also, I've been coding while pumping my ears full of SOAD this entire time. I may eventually need more coder music. Suggestions?

I can't figure out what order BYOND wants this in and how I should be indenting it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:26:16 am by Tsuchigumo550 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: July 23, 2013, 09:17:10 am »

Also, I've been coding while pumping my ears full of SOAD this entire time. I may eventually need more coder music. Suggestions?

Browse the ss13 sound folder. There's some good stuff in there. Also Stereolab. The best albums include Mary Hansen.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1654