Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116251 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7965 on: July 19, 2013, 11:11:05 am »

The old Goon video was redone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: July 19, 2013, 11:20:10 am »

Not bad.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: July 19, 2013, 11:21:32 am »

The old Goon video was redone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
Hey! I know the person who done that, He was also the one to make Mars Station.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: July 19, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »

I've got the code downloaded and work shall begin on the service expansion. I got the code straight off the -tg-station wiki, so if we used a different one, hopefully I won't cause too much trouble by using this one.

I plan to make the whole service expansion- that is, new plants, new foods, new alcohols, and any related items such as plant mutations, sprites, and anything else in the same branch.

Later, I might try to add more ambient sound options, or at least change up those that are there- possibly have one area produce different ones, as they're rare enough to not collide (Glass clinging softly as well as senseless chatter in the bar, and similar options, so that even if they did play together it wouldn't be horribad. This is more of a "something i'd like to try" and has no planning set forth for it. This would be it's own individual branch.

After that, or if it doesn't pan out, I might attempt a joint expansion (that's a pun, you'll get it in a minute) between Medbay and Service, changing how getting high works and adding new drugs. Currently, mindbreaker causes a PC sprite to attack you, as well as things appearing in your inventory, this would attempt to add to the visions, sounds, and messages you'll get when you're high. The largest thing would more than likely be "null" creatures that can't be encountered any other way- in an attempt to make it less "Goonstation clone", i'm thinking of adding pixies and the like. Not sure how feasible it is, but if this is a thing that happens, the cigarette mod is a likely second afterwards. If this is made, the projected cigarette mod would be on the same branch as this.

Other new items will, depending on how easy sprite work is with BYOND, either be mostly cosmetic or " Jesus please no more sprites". I'm also tempted to try "cow cubes".

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:17 pm »

You should use the github link in the OP. You could always try to get your changes merged into the main tg branch, I guess . Make sure to hop onto #coderbus if you need help.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: July 19, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »

Hey, are you going to do venders as well? I really want to restock venders...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: July 19, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

I've got the code downloaded and work shall begin on the service expansion. I got the code straight off the -tg-station wiki, so if we used a different one, hopefully I won't cause too much trouble by using this one.

I plan to make the whole service expansion- that is, new plants, new foods, new alcohols, and any related items such as plant mutations, sprites, and anything else in the same branch.

Later, I might try to add more ambient sound options, or at least change up those that are there- possibly have one area produce different ones, as they're rare enough to not collide (Glass clinging softly as well as senseless chatter in the bar, and similar options, so that even if they did play together it wouldn't be horribad. This is more of a "something i'd like to try" and has no planning set forth for it. This would be it's own individual branch.

After that, or if it doesn't pan out, I might attempt a joint expansion (that's a pun, you'll get it in a minute) between Medbay and Service, changing how getting high works and adding new drugs. Currently, mindbreaker causes a PC sprite to attack you, as well as things appearing in your inventory, this would attempt to add to the visions, sounds, and messages you'll get when you're high. The largest thing would more than likely be "null" creatures that can't be encountered any other way- in an attempt to make it less "Goonstation clone", i'm thinking of adding pixies and the like. Not sure how feasible it is, but if this is a thing that happens, the cigarette mod is a likely second afterwards. If this is made, the projected cigarette mod would be on the same branch as this.

Other new items will, depending on how easy sprite work is with BYOND, either be mostly cosmetic or " Jesus please no more sprites". I'm also tempted to try "cow cubes".

Actually, Mindbreaker has more effects. Being attacked and hallucinating items in inventory is most common, and therefore most visible, but periodically you will hear messages: 'I heeeeeear youuuuuu' and 'I seeeeeee youuuu'. You also can hallucinate things appearing on the station - things like Plasma spills, live grenades/C4, monsters...

I'm not sure if cow cubes are needed, since if you're lucky you can mine out a veal render.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: July 19, 2013, 03:26:22 pm »

Well, every plant sprite is in the same file. I think I should do these first, so I can call images from it for testing plants later. I had assumed every plant would be a move, but they seem to be anything but- every one is either a still image, or movie images are shown with every frame individually. I also can't remember what IRC client to use, I don't want to buy one (because why would you) but a free one, preferably webpage based, would be fantastic. I know of none.

Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: July 19, 2013, 03:27:10 pm »

Mibbit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: July 19, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

Well, every plant sprite is in the same file. I think I should do these first, so I can call images from it for testing plants later. I had assumed every plant would be a move, but they seem to be anything but- every one is either a still image, or movie images are shown with every frame individually. I also can't remember what IRC client to use, I don't want to buy one (because why would you) but a free one, preferably webpage based, would be fantastic. I know of none.
Personally I use Icechat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: July 19, 2013, 04:21:25 pm »

Dragonfruit sprite is currently Nettle with a lot of pink fruit hanging off of it. I welcome anyone who wants to do better sprites and I may well return to to fix some up post release, however, few sprites are going to be entirely custom if at all. Looking through plant code now, it dosen't seem to be that hard, but Mibbit isn't playing nice and I've been unable to connect. I'm looking for a sort of listing of what can be done (variables, such as glowberries luminosity, i shouldn't need that many of them until I get to mutations, dragonfruit will become dragonbreath, which even at low potency should contain insane amounts of capsaicin (30+) as well as glow faintly (pretty much glowberries)

I'll have to do a seed-pack sprite, that's no issue. If someone is willing to somehow give me plant images I can easily shove into dream maker (even if I have to edit them slightly, such as transparency) then by all means say so, and I'll give you a list of plants that will either prove me difficult or otherwise give me some kind of trouble. I should be able to do most flowers completely, however, anything other than seed packs will be needed. Such as the images of the fruit itself plus the plant sprite.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: July 19, 2013, 04:25:36 pm »

No one is really going to mind if sprites are shitty, as long as they add to gameplay somehow. I wouldn't really worry about it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: July 19, 2013, 05:11:46 pm »

Dragonfruit now come in seed-packet form, can be planted (i think) in a hydroponics basin thing, are almost carbon-copies of Chilli Peppers, but slightly more nutritious (nutrient /25) is now (nutrient /15)
but I cannot find where to make the sprite for the object nor code said object- the results when you pull a Pitaya (as they'll be hopefully-somewhat-consistently ingame, dragonfruit is the name it gets in code) off it's plant, there's no code there to make what happens afterwards actually happen. I can't find it either. IRC hates me right now, as well.

Once dragonfruit is complete (right now it needs to be an actual sprite and object, it's growing-plant stage and juice stage are there as much as possible, you can now make Pitaya Vodka (names for these drinks welcome), but i need to put in the juicer reaction, the actual object, fix a few holes in seeds.dm , grown.dm , as well as possibly indicate sprites in hydroponics.dmi? I'll get Coderbus up and running later, I'm currently going to eat some dinner, think it all over, possibly take a crack at it again later tonight and if not tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:22:05 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: July 19, 2013, 05:29:56 pm »

WE NEED PEOPLE!!!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: July 19, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

Click on the highlighted server option on mibbit page where you specify your nickname and channel, and put in "irc.rizon.net". Then just put in the channel #coderbus and it should work.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1654