Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117002 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7710 on: July 11, 2013, 03:56:42 pm »

Hey, how do you make joints anyways?

And if we are going to have herbal smokes I vote we add tobacco so we can make cigars and sutch.

That was the one thing I was thinking about when I came to splicing and the fact you can roll your own blunts in Goon.
There was no tobacco and I was like "what come on", which is why I considered having a machine placed somewhere that could roll you cigarettes if you put things in them before deciding it didn't really fit with the botanist well enough. I still imagine you'd be able to take a knife to certain plants- say, you take one Tobacco, one Aloe, and one Lemon.
You'd chop up the first two, and for ease of use the lemon would go in whole. You take a piece of paper, right-click it and choose "roll", then place the three items inside, causing it to become a cigarette. You'd smoke it and get the description of "This is a cigarette.
It has a lemony flavor."
as well as the Aloe being able to treat burn damage (a plant containing Kelotane).

A machine would make it easier and not require modifying paper in any way, and it's a feasible option, I think.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: July 11, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »

Herm. Sounds good, except I think you should be able to make your own.

Also, snuff. and tobacco for the pipes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: July 11, 2013, 04:19:50 pm »

Really we just need more things to smoke, and more ways to smoke them.   Matter of fact the illicit area needs a hookah for smoking ambrosia and liberty caps.
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: July 11, 2013, 04:20:47 pm »

And weed.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: July 11, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »

Matter of fact the illicit area needs a hookah for smoking ambrosia and liberty caps.

i wanted to write something about smoking mushrooms but then this is the game where you can inject whole marijuanas so it has my full approval

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: July 11, 2013, 04:26:31 pm »

Matter of fact the illicit area needs a hookah for smoking ambrosia and liberty caps.

i wanted to write something about smoking mushrooms but then this is the game where you can inject whole marijuanas so it has my full approval
Keep in mind they are also spaceshrooms, not pscylibaciben.
Nom nom nom

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf-Head and former Urist McStation Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: July 11, 2013, 04:32:50 pm »

Hey, I've played Dwarf Fortress quite a lot, and I've played on this server quite a lot as well, but for some reason, in the last two days, I've not been able to connect to the server. Just wondering if it's been down? Sorry to trouble anyone.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: July 11, 2013, 04:33:13 pm »

Bout what, 30 hours now?
Highly Opinionated Fool

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: July 11, 2013, 04:33:40 pm »

I'd say going on 40 more like. 
Nom nom nom

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf-Head and former Urist McStation Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:53 pm »

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Have we heard anything regarding it's status or is it just a case of terrified silence?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: July 11, 2013, 04:40:35 pm »

I can dare trying to host a temporary server on my machine. If someone's kind enough to point me to the code you're using. If that isn't going to happen I'm just going to run my own code from ages past and give you fellas a link.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »

Lost time something like this happened I think we used the Ministation code?  So maybe try seaching that, if you are going to try a host.  But yeah It's mostly just silence;The host probably has something to do irl today, and it went down when they went to bed.
Nom nom nom

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: July 11, 2013, 04:44:36 pm »

I'm thinking about trying to make a new processor for Illicit and Botany.

Most items can be put into it, anything that can be reasonably ground up. Not stuff like a multitool, but most if not all foodstuffs. It grinds items down into a "paste" or "powder" that can be put into cigarettes- to do that, you need one sheet of paper, and access to a cigarette machine.

Step one, buy a Filter from the cigarette machine. The Filter will hold up to three pastes or powders. Once filled, put the filter in the paper and roll, and you have a cigarette.

The other possible way to do this would be to sell "Roll your own" kits, an item that you put three reagents in to make it spit out a box of cigarettes, vended out of a cigarette machine.

Different things give different messages when you smoke it. Smoking something like a potato, mushroom, grass, or otherwise "out there" would result in a "strange flavor"- putting a fly amanita in someone's smoke won't be any different from putting a chanterelle in.

Some items will result in "flavors"- lemons, watermelons, and the ilk will result in "The cigarette tastes like (this)."

The lack of a base, such as tobacco, ambrosia, or other similar plants would result in "It dosen't really seem like a cigarette."

Putting stuff like chilis in would translate the heat, same as food- so if you put in a highly potent chili, the person eating it will suddenly get feverish.

New plants containing Chem reagents (good things like Tricord and Kelotane, and bad such as Cryptobiolin) are also cigarettable, creating healing or confusing cigarettes.

In fact, in the next post I'll start up a sort of organized "add this to Service" list, so that anyone planning to code (as I'm thinking of trying) can look at it and, if they want to, make it.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: July 11, 2013, 04:45:14 pm »

From Admin pms:
Quote from: Vactor, a few minutes ago
I'll be able to run home in a couple hours to fix it, thanks for letting me know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: July 11, 2013, 05:05:19 pm »

Good to know Vactor'll get it fixed soonish, then.

It's up on my end: byond://abrezzi.no-ip.biz:5020. Please check if I managed to not fuck up the network settings from an outside source.

Running ministation with (very) minor config changes that should make it run smoother.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1654