Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117320 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7650 on: July 10, 2013, 02:59:12 pm »

We may want to kill it someday then.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »

* Kydrasz is not fine with doing just /me.

Well since the server is down, my options are to play XCOM and get curbstomped or sit here and mess around with /me. I dislike both options and took a third option instead.

I decided to write a character bio for my most suc- er... Wait that's Reynolds...... Uhm. I wrote one for the new Crispin! Yeah that.

Spoiler: Crispin Sacred (click to show/hide)
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: July 10, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »

I think my AI's character bio is simple.

I hate everyone barring Nicole Tsuri. I take the piss out of Batonimir as much as possible. Anyone who insults back becomes an instant target.

Fixed that for you.

EDIT: Are there any servers up? Main and I think KG's is down as well
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:33:34 pm by Iceblaster »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: July 10, 2013, 06:17:25 pm »

Still doesn't seem up yet, what do I do with my life now...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: July 10, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »

I tested blob on my own server and like it so far. It has a nice RTS feel to it, and the mode might actually be a challenge and not terrible. It requires meta at the start if you don't want to get curb stomped instantly, though: The game outright tells you "You are infected by the Blob!" at round start. From there, you have a few minutes to run like hell and find the spot for your core. After a while, you get a message saying "You feel like you are about to burst" a few times. Then you're gibbed and replaced with a blob core, but *you* control the "blob overmind" which has no physical representation on your screen except a cursor.

Your core gets a single layer of strong walls and you expand for a bit as expected, and you take it from there. You can place down nodes, which expand on their own, resource blobs, which generate more "power" (Your resources, being an RTS-style), and "shield blob" which is a copy of the stuff that appears around the core. You can create one last structure: Factory blobs. These produce very creatively named "blobs" which are orange-brown floating bastards that can move freely through your blob tiles and attack anything not of a blobby nature.

You have two other, general functions: Expand blob and remove blob. Expand blob places a single tile of blob, useful for getting the most out of your node's expansion. Remove blob does exactly what it says and I honestly have no idea what you could use it for. Your camera movement is limited to within one tile of any blob. The mode will be awful with only a few people on, but I think ~10 could handle it reasonably well.

There's three ways to end the round: The blob grows too large, the game chalks off the rest of that shift as everyone dying a horrible death and the blob consumes the whole station. The crew kills the blob core, the overmind dies, and the crew wins. There's also a "halfwin," where the crew arms the nuke (I think, anyway) and destroys the station. Everybody dies, but the blob is stopped. The AI also separately wins/loses depending on whether or not it could maintain quarantine.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:32:27 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: July 10, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »

AI must contain the blob. Unleash the kra-I mean, plasma fires.

Remove blob does exactly what it says and I honestly have no idea what you could use it for.

Remove a few blobs leading to a core, and once some fool runs in for the easy kill, make walls around them and watch as they get eaten.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: July 10, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »

I guess we'll have to wait tomorrow for the server to be fixed.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: July 10, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

I wish the message was something like 'you feel compelled to find somewhere to settle' rather than 'YOU ARE INFECTED! ERMAHGERD!'
Since nothing else is said, I'm going to assume the blob has either infested you and is forcing you to do something or has totally hijacked your body Thing-style. Cordyceps IN SPACE!

Spoiler: Fun with blob (click to show/hide)
I ghosted to spawn the carp and couldn't re-enter my body. Apparently there's no way to possess a camera, which the blob overmind is.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: July 10, 2013, 09:41:26 pm »

What are blobs and blob walls most susceptible to?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: July 10, 2013, 09:42:14 pm »

Fire or they are in gibbed
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:47 pm »

Fire. Plasma cutters and welders are good, but I've never tested straight plasma fire.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: July 10, 2013, 09:53:11 pm »

In other words, have the QM order a shitload of incendiary crates. Unless the overmind was the QM, in which case Cargo is probably compromised and you have to waste time while hoping that you have a chemist who can make good napalm grenades or an engineer who can make flamethrowers.

Or of course atmos. Atmospheric engineer: like a guy with a flamethrower, but burning plasma everywhere.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: July 10, 2013, 09:56:33 pm »

Or you know just point an emitter at the blob's core, and fire away.
* Kydrasz whistles casually. I swear I'm like the only one who does that.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: July 10, 2013, 10:00:33 pm »

Two final notes: Random event blob also works the same way. A ghost is pulled and turned into the overmind (if one is available). It uses the same selection method as the alien event, so you'll need "Be Xenomorph" on if you want to play as it.

Might want to be careful with that. The overmind has a power to rally all its floaty blobs in one spot, so when it sees you setting an emitter up you'll probably get mobbed :P

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: July 10, 2013, 10:05:12 pm »

Might want to be careful with that. The overmind has a power to rally all its floaty blobs in one spot, so when it sees you setting an emitter up you'll probably get mobbed :P
You see the thing about emitter beams is that they go on forever. Just mark where the core is then move north/east/west/south whichever catches your fancy. Then set up the emitter to fire in that direction of the core, then you cut every wall that stands between the emitter and the core.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1654