Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125082 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4950 on: May 07, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

An admin playing as a badmin could manage that easily in extended, or any other mode, really.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: May 07, 2013, 06:29:31 pm »

Hi, I just had kind of a frustrating cult round where we never even got the research done before the shuttle call. So, I thought I'd put out a few tips. I'm not a super experienced player, but I've been cult four or five times and started as cult three, so these are my quick tips:

- If you've never been cult, don't enable it on your antag options unless you're an experienced player who can pick up the fairly extensive new stuff quickly. The best way to get a first taste is by being converted during game.
- A big problem for cult is boredom. The slow start means you often get people complaining of being bored and you might get a shuttle call because of it. Speed is important.
- First thing to do: go somewhere quiet, spawn a comms talisman using the paper in your backpack. These are single-use so make it good! Get a text document open and write a long message that you can paste into Byond. Include your name, job, the word you know (Very important!), and whether you can do research into runes. The cult needs exactly one person doing research and that person needs to start fast. If you can't do it, let people know so they aren't wasting time trying to find out.
- Cult is more important than your job, unless you absolutely can't get out of it. This is especially important for the researcher. That needs to be done ASAP. Don't volunteer for work if you have cult stuff to do.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: May 07, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »

I'd also like to say that even if you think it might be going slow, it's not likiely going too slowly for other people.   I was playing detective and I imagine I was being a royal pain for the cult, or at least slowing them down a bit since I kept looking into strange things that was happening and interviewing people.  One of the few rounds where I actively had to use sec cams since I couldn't walk around fast enough.  It was kinda wrecked by, lol let's spawn a fucking army just cause.... but whatever.... hoping to have another fun kinda unnerving cult round sometime in the future.
Nom nom nom

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: May 07, 2013, 08:26:11 pm »

Ah detective, the one job that is effective when played properly but sadly you rarely see it happen. Also my favorite role to play whenever I have plenty time.
I'm just going to throw out this tip, your revolver ISN'T meant to be used like a taser at all.
Think fast, act faster.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: May 07, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

An admin playing as a badmin could manage that easily in extended, or any other mode, really.
I dunno, some of the things he describes would require a pretty good admin to execute, one who is familiar with variables and ... oh wait, you mean *that* kind of badmin >_>

Sorry, it's become almost synonymous with admin for me, since I'm usually on at the same time as BD.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: May 07, 2013, 11:14:47 pm »

Fact: When over half the crew are running around with axes and spears and fighting, hacking into the chef with an axe and spacing him is easy and strangely inconspicuous.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: May 07, 2013, 11:24:46 pm »

Round starts: Traitor, KILL RON MCMURRICAN, ASSISTANT!

Oh, okay. Summon Parapen, dash to Primary Tool Storage, Parapen Ron. (Rabid) He goes, "Hey, what the hell?" then passes out. Drag him into Illicit, and energy sword him to death. Go to cargo, order three spec ops crates. The borg asks for help in engineering, so I go there, fill the plasma tanks for him, then flash him, and emag him.

I then go into Medbay and sit next to Hector. He asks, "Wasn't there an assistant on the crew?"

"Oh, yeah. I just murdered him."
Hector raises an eyebrow. "I'm sure you did."
"Er, what? You don't... You don't believe me? Do I not look like a murderer?!"
Cue long conversation where Hector is trying to figure out why I murdered Ron, and me giving poor justifications and trying to give reasons I was ordered to.

I later order the borg to murder the other TWO crewman, and he complies, beating one guy into critical, then dragging him to medbay. Hector saves that guy, and I order the borg to 'Just maim the other guy a bit.'

The borg crits him, and drags him into medbay as well. I talk to Hector, and mention I like cats, so he says I can have Runtime. As I pull Runtime out of medbay, the singuloth shatters virology, and starts sucking up Runtime. Me and Hector dash out, and get the other two out of medbay. We all go to Arrivals, and get a Carp message. Then another carp message.

I order the borg to protect the crew, and he goes around MURDERING CARP. Hector and I keep talking as the shuttle launches, and before we get to CentComm I say:

"Well. I think I should push you out of the pod now."
"That makes sense."
"Er. I don't really WANT to though. WAIT! I have a brilliant plan!" *parapens Hector*
"I'll just tell them you're sick and they won't be able to ask you what happened! Brilliant!"

Awkward serial killer round was fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:18 pm »

1 traitor vs 4 crew members was pretty fun.  Epic at the end when Singulo splits station in half and cuts off escape route.  Glloyd becomes the badass russian while I RPed as a naieve virology nerd and get my ass saved by him.  Pretty short round IMO.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: May 08, 2013, 12:28:02 am »

Ah yes. Admiral Peshkovskaya. Saved your ass from carp too many times to count. I got to a point where i had no ammo, so I threw my gun at a carp, which somehow killed it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: May 08, 2013, 12:51:06 am »

Any job that you're awkward at becomes suddenly fun.  Really, try it.  Awkward Chemist, "So you just mix this, and this, and then" *POOF* "Oh okay now this cloud is making me high as balls."

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: May 08, 2013, 08:34:01 am »

Sandbox mode also has a weird mind control factor to it. It somehow brings out everyone's inner griefer.  And even though everyone's given themselves all access, there will still be one nazi trying to arrest people for "trespassing"

I would love a PVE mode (but not meteor) where the crew has to survive for some amount of time while random events keep happening.  No carp, and only occasional meteors, but with a few new special events, like atmos randomly reconfiguring itself to spew plasma, or doors randomly bolting and shocking themselves.  It'd be a fun mode to play once in a while, and it's always fun when the community can work together without having to be so paranoid.

We did a wave defense round once, where the crew holed up and defended against mobs. It was known as Goatmurdered. And it was beautiful.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: May 08, 2013, 09:59:24 am »

Sandbox mode also has a weird mind control factor to it. It somehow brings out everyone's inner griefer.  And even though everyone's given themselves all access, there will still be one nazi trying to arrest people for "trespassing"

I would love a PVE mode (but not meteor) where the crew has to survive for some amount of time while random events keep happening.  No carp, and only occasional meteors, but with a few new special events, like atmos randomly reconfiguring itself to spew plasma, or doors randomly bolting and shocking themselves.  It'd be a fun mode to play once in a while, and it's always fun when the community can work together without having to be so paranoid.

We did a wave defense round once, where the crew holed up and defended against mobs. It was known as Goatmurdered. And it was beautiful.

hmmm PvE ...  reminds me of the idea of a "FTL SS13".
basically instead of a station it would be a spaceship.... (yeah, big problems would be "movement" and "ship combat/weapons").
(well movement could be abstract warping between z levels for sectors and no real movement of the whole thing... or warping stuff (i.e. a ship wreck) from other "hidden sector z levels" to the "ship z level". (like the mining shuttle works))
(combat could be a abstract minigame similar to how vr goggles work... maybe the player is a rocket with a little bomb attached and moves it around after fireing a missle... and enemy weapon fire could be similar to how meteors hit the station or small warped/teleported explosives for internal damage.)

but basically:
i.e. every 10 mins (or 20 or 30 depends how the timeframe of a round should be, maybe too how damaged/powered the engines are) the "chief navigator" (could be the captain or CE) could use a console on the bridge to "warp" the ship to a new sector. with little hints if it might be a hostile, neutral (could be anything, but low chance for realy hostile) or civillian sector (for trading stations to buy supplys/ammo/food/metal with the QM or sell loot from bording/salvaging enemy/neutral/ababdoned ships or mining asteroids.).
so the captain could decide between 3 random choices and i.e. pick a civillian one to have some time for the crew to repair or to clone/heal casulties from a enemy bording or to buy more metal and food from a trading station... etc)

at round start the shipcrew could get a overall objective...i.e.
-get the nuclear disk to HQ 10 sectors away.
-patrol duty against pirates... destroy 3 pirate ships or board a pirate base some sectors away.
-rescue survivors of a cargo ship 5 sectors away and bring them to HQ (5 more sectors back).
-HQ needs supplys... gather 500 metal and 100 plasma stone. (either from mineing in a asteroid field or trading at a station or salvaging ships...)
(of course there is a chance that there could be a saboteur on the ship too, similar to how traitor rounds work. but mostly it would be more "coop/crew work together/PvE/survive/keep the ship functioning/get to hq" focused) could work well too with lower populations if there are several different ship sizes, so maybe a 7 people round just fly in a little destroyer and in a 25 people round its a big cruiser or so

well there could be a ton different ones. also objective nr1 would be always "survive and get back to hq"... if the ship/crew gets decimated too much on the way they could activate a SOS signal (similar to calling the escape shuttle)... and it could take a random time (10-20 mins?) for a random civillian ship to fly by and rescue the survivors... well or a pirate ship finds you randomly with the sos signal active and attacks/boards the ship.

new players who ready up could be thrown into a pool that is used to replace "npcs" of the sector the ship warps to (i.e. bording pirates... (imagine current syndicates), aliens hidden in a asteroid while the shipcrew is mining for metal in a asteroidbelt or living in a abandoned cargo ship the crew found in a sector and wants to loot, also as new crew that can get on the ship if the ship warps to a space station or crew that can be rescued from escape pods drifting or in stasis chambers in a damaged ship.)

it probably "could be possible" to create such a "SS13 mod"... but probably wont happen.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: May 08, 2013, 10:01:02 am »

Also Pirate Invasion, and Hivebot Infestation.

EDIT: Server down, or just my crappy internet?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:44:30 am by Glloyd »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: May 08, 2013, 10:46:36 am »

Server seems down, yes.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: May 08, 2013, 10:54:55 am »

Went to KG's server, and found out that it's the same round that was going on a few days ago, haha.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 1654