Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125145 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4935 on: May 07, 2013, 11:24:20 am »

I am personally terrified of all game modes but traitor.  What was that sandbox someone mentioned?

Changeling is amazing fun. Also, Sandbox is Extended, but everyone can spawn items, and no one can die unless they get gibbed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: May 07, 2013, 11:30:33 am »

I am personally terrified of all game modes but traitor.  What was that sandbox someone mentioned?

Changeling is amazing fun. Also, Sandbox is Extended, but everyone can spawn items, and no one can die unless they get gibbed.

You get to die and respawn. Usually you just go Assistant and give yourself Captain spare ID. Spawning items is painful though. It's one long list of nested folders and objects and you can't resize the window to show the whole text pathway.
Kinda like this with names cut off:
Code: [Select]
weapons/item/food/ha
weapons/item/food/hb
weapons/item/food/hc
weapons/item/food/hd
weapons/item/food/he
Most of it is not like this, but it's still a list of hundreds of items.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:35 am »

Janus was a pretty good AI once you got past his constant erotic orgasms over the radio
That was my fault. In a way that I would personally compare to terrorism, I uploaded that law and demanded all suit sensors be set to full for me to remove it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:05 am »

Note to self: from now on, never ever choose security as a module. It is the worst module and the least fun way to play Cyborg. :(

Indeed. Engineering model is faaaar more robust, Medical has more RP fun, Service is just hilarious, Miner is highly useful, and Standard is basically a poorly equipped human-but-is-still-better. Only thing Security Borgs are good at is murdering everyone for the Malf AI.
You are so fucking wrong. In one of my non-traitor AI rounds as B.O.O.Z.E. (the one where girlinhat was the traitor and escaped trough one of the permabrig windows after everyone loudly complained about not getting a trial, then she got plastic-surgery'd by someone.), my secborg was pretty much the only thing keeping the station togheter. Most of sec was sitting on their ass and doing nothing or (brain)dead, and all the other people were just confused. I was constantly zooming around the station, solving disputes while tracking Girlinhat and enforcing space law. That security cyborg was absolutely vital. You can't imagine how useful it is to have somebody that listens to your orders and almost always has an idea what they're doing and where they need to go. Binary channel also kicks ass.

Altough having 4 sec cyborgs as traitor AI is very fun.

E: By the way, it's been FAR too long since we had a good spider invasion. Spider round, anyone?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:54:53 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: May 07, 2013, 12:00:08 pm »

I wouldn't like to make the decision behind everyone's back, but I mentioned the proposed commit I made today, and I would like some feedback:

I decreased the weight of traitor in RNG from 5 to 2 and increased all high-pop gamemodes' (Cult, Rev, Ling, Traitorchan, NOT Nuke) from 2 to 4. This effectively means that we're far more likely to get a gamemode other than Traitor if we have enough people online to   get the gamemodes in the first place.

Assuming 20 people at roundstart, we have the same chance to get Cult, Rev, Ling, Wizard and Traitorchan, which will be all together pretty common, and a bit rarer vanilla Traitor and Nuke rounds, and a very (comparatively) rare Malf round.

Opinions?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: May 07, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »

I like that change

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:55 pm »

YES. It kinda sucks to have 15 people and get traitor again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:26 pm »

I fully agree with this as somebody that tends to be on on the off-hours.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: May 07, 2013, 12:32:20 pm »

What time is the population high? When I get on (11PM-1AM EST), its the same or similar 5 people.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: May 07, 2013, 12:35:44 pm »

What time is the population high? When I get on (11PM-1AM EST), its the same or similar 5 people.

Generally 6PM GMT+1 time is when it starts growing, so since 12AM EST
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: May 07, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »

God damn, so close! I should have insissted we use the sec pod, but nooo! Hadf to go for main...
And I had such an easy mission, to!

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: May 07, 2013, 02:40:46 pm »

Sandbox mode also has a weird mind control factor to it. It somehow brings out everyone's inner griefer.  And even though everyone's given themselves all access, there will still be one nazi trying to arrest people for "trespassing"

I would love a PVE mode (but not meteor) where the crew has to survive for some amount of time while random events keep happening.  No carp, and only occasional meteors, but with a few new special events, like atmos randomly reconfiguring itself to spew plasma, or doors randomly bolting and shocking themselves.  It'd be a fun mode to play once in a while, and it's always fun when the community can work together without having to be so paranoid.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:31 pm »

Sandbox mode also has a weird mind control factor to it. It somehow brings out everyone's inner griefer.  And even though everyone's given themselves all access, there will still be one nazi trying to arrest people for "trespassing"

I would love a PVE mode (but not meteor) where the crew has to survive for some amount of time while random events keep happening.  No carp, and only occasional meteors, but with a few new special events, like atmos randomly reconfiguring itself to spew plasma, or doors randomly bolting and shocking themselves.  It'd be a fun mode to play once in a while, and it's always fun when the community can work together without having to be so paranoid.

+1

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: May 07, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »

Actually, an admin playing as AI could probably manage that easily in extended, but you'd need a "no killing the AI" rule.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: May 07, 2013, 03:09:52 pm »

An admin playing as an admin could manage that easily in extended, or any other mode, really.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 1654