Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120903 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2775 on: April 01, 2013, 06:12:35 pm »

So, Sec found and raided Illicit, which pissed Quartermaster!Kepplinger off (that, and a round was getting stale). I tried to jailbreak a man arrested for Illicit, but got arrested for having an RCD. That pissed Kepplinger off even more. So I broke into HoP office, stole Ian, made a kitchen knife at Autolathe, butchered Ian, ate his meat.

Then I broke into a damaged Security EVA and stole a hardsuit, which Captain noticed. Got arrested and interrogated after threatening now-eaten Ian, and put in Permabrig. When Captain and HoP arrived there to transfer me, they managed to cock it up HARD, I disarmed Cap and stole his PDA, but ended up locked in Permabrig hallway.

Then Cap tried to break out the N2O on me, I had internals though - and he HADN'T, so I stole his OTHER gun, got a Sec hardsuit again, and escaped via pod with someone who admitted to being a Syndicate operative after I cuffed him and welded him into a locker.

I know it might get Heads angry, since I was a non-antag, still it turned out quite awesome, and non-lethal to boot.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 01, 2013, 06:25:32 pm »

And during the round, the research director tried to organize a party to celebrate new discoveries.
This should happen more often. gave me ( the chef) something to do, and we had a lot of food to eat. sadly barman was afk.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: April 01, 2013, 06:29:48 pm »

It would be cool if there were positive random events, like "it's the janitor's birthday" meaning you have an excuse to throw a party. Or not. If you want a drunk andsad janitor.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 01, 2013, 06:44:07 pm »

Things like that can be good if done properly, and it gives some cover for the traitors.
That round i got hit by a syringe gun which made me start thinking because i was wearing a hardsuit. Is there a chance that the syringe bounces off?
And why does a hardsuit seem to be protecting against so little considering what it is. I can accept that it wont help against the parapen, because thats risky to use.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

And during the round, the research director tried to organize a party to celebrate new discoveries.
This should happen more often. gave me ( the chef) something to do, and we had a lot of food to eat. sadly barman was afk.

Yes, I found it rather amusing:

>Barman joins, says 'Hurray, the bar is open'
>Goes AFK for the rest of the round

Also, the fight with Captain and HoP reminds me we could implement a targeting system from BS12, allowing taking people hostage or letting Security make sure their suspects aren't doing anything silly. I found the relevant code, actually, but it'd probably take some porting to fix the references.

Link:
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 01, 2013, 06:52:25 pm »

It would be cool if there were positive random events, like "it's the janitor's birthday" meaning you have an excuse to throw a party. Or not. If you want a drunk andsad janitor.

That's absurdly easy to code from what I've seen, though you'd probably add a bit of code preventing the same guy having three birthdays a week (which wouldn't be so hard either). The only thing is, negative events would happen less frequently if those were to be just regular events except positive, but that can be probably fixed by adding separate checks for positive and negative events.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: April 01, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

Thanks, I'm glad you liked doing it. I'll try to do stuff like that more often. It's much easier to do as a head than anything else I think, seeing as they're supposed to be management types.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: April 01, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »

Is just being in illicit properly illegal? I mean sure, cuff them all and strip search them, but you can't really brig people for being in there. At least not for very long.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: April 01, 2013, 08:06:23 pm »

Is just being in illicit properly illegal? I mean sure, cuff them all and strip search them, but you can't really brig people for being in there. At least not for very long.
You could probably bust a couple people for drug possession/distribution, which holds a one or two minute sentence respectively. Aside from that, no.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 01, 2013, 08:37:41 pm »

I think the server may be down. Although it was oddly quiet anyway.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 01, 2013, 08:39:00 pm »

Its back up now
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 01, 2013, 10:03:28 pm »

Vactor, you should update your server.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:10 pm »

So, I mixed Nitroglycerin inside an egg. There was an explosion, but both I and the egg, as well as the surroundings, came out unharmed.

Apparently eggs are strong enough to contain nitroglycerin? Who knew.
Also often called Boowells.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:12 am »

If everyone hates carp so much, maybe something should be done about them.  If they couldn't knock you down they wouldn't be nearly as bad.  As it stands now, being fully armored and using an awesome weapon, you can still get knocked down and killed by one carp.

Gravity events wouldn't be bad at all if you weren't down for like 90 seconds afterward.  Really, why can't you just fall down for like 5 seconds if you were moving, and not fall down at all if you weren't?  Because the actual no-gravity part of it isn't bad at all, it's kinda funny floating around the hallways.
Regarding Carp: I like them in that they give the round an increasing sense of urgency. If it weren't for periodic carp migrations there'd be nothing to distinguish 10 hours in from 1 hour in. Still sucks to run into one if you aren't prepared. Or three, even if you are.

Regarding the Gravity Event: The event sucked a lot more before I realized what was actually going on. Now that I understand why the down time happens, and how to avoid it, I don't mind as much. On the other hand it adds little if anything to the game, so...

And as to the earlier convo about IC in OOC, yes there are IC methods that are preferable to OOC announcement of lolrandom deaths, like turning on suit sensors, but suit sensors themselves are lolrandom, as far as I can tell. If you don't have a habit of checking to make sure they're on every round, which takes a while to develop, then you're liable to get killed with them in an unknown (to you) state. And yes, there are times when using OOC to announce "och, teh carp" when the radio is out is bad. No IC in OOC is ideal. But there are rare times when I think it should be acceptable, though certainly never preferred. It was the absolutism in your post I objected to.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2789 on: April 02, 2013, 01:30:26 am »

Glloyd has been added as a full admin for the server.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1654