Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122558 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2520 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:45 pm »

I must agree with Bdthemag. A game has its purpose in mutual fun, and forcibly removing somebody from the game for no reason at all... is not the coolest thing.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: March 29, 2013, 02:52:14 pm »

You guys make me sad....

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: March 29, 2013, 02:56:38 pm »

don't be sad. nothing bad has happened. not seriously bad.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: March 29, 2013, 03:16:42 pm »

Well, SS13 needs pretty rigid rules to work at all.

No... it shouldn't unless the players are bat**** insane (or "drunk"). Note I said players, not characters. Insane characters can be fun.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:18:46 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: March 29, 2013, 03:19:51 pm »

I do wish cyborgs were less resilient though.  In a game where one stun ends the fight, robots with infinite stun and immunity to stun weapons are a bit OP.  I know you can flash them, but then what?

I think it should be possible at least to flash, screwdriver open the cover, flash again, pry out the battery.  So then they're as vulnerable to everyone else, except instead of stun/handcuff, they get stun, battery removal.  It seems silly that you need the proper ID to open them.  It should just be one of those timed things, so you can't just instantly disable them.
Borgs got charges on their weapons. A Carp got me due to running out of charges with the stun gun.
There could be a way to force open the cover with a welder or crowbar perhaps, but unless the borg is rogue or has higher authority orders, Simply ordering a borg should let you work on it.
I say should because its a human playing and before he/she thinks of Law.2 they might react otherwise as they do not want to be disabled... Though only an antag with an emag should order a drone to do such.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: March 29, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »

No... it shouldn't unless the players are bat**** insane (or "drunk"). Note I said players, not characters. Insane characters can be fun.
Insane characters are typically used as a flimsy justification to do random things and fuck other people over. If you kill a bunch of people and use the excuse "WELL MY CHARACTERS IS INSANE!" 95% of the time most of the admins will think that's complete bullshit. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're planning on using a slightly modified version of the /tg/station ruleset, so we probably won't have any problems regarding the rules.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: March 29, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »

Insane characters are typically used as a flimsy justification to do random things and fuck other people over. If you kill a bunch of people and use the excuse "WELL MY CHARACTERS IS INSANE!" 95% of the time most of the admins will think that's complete bullshit. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're planning on using a slightly modified version of the /tg/station ruleset, so we probably won't have any problems regarding the rules.

Well, yes, it is bullshit, because insane people don't just do random things. If anything they're less random than your average joe. What they are is different--different affections, different priorities held to a degree that may not be healthy for themselves or the rest of society. Extreme.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:31:25 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: March 29, 2013, 03:30:17 pm »

Yeah, I don't think Khan should get banned just for that. Just slap him on the wrist hard enough to let him know it's not cool.  I don't think it's a huge deal, it just needs to be addressed. I'm not going to hold a grudge.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: March 29, 2013, 03:31:23 pm »

Well I was there at the explosion, I also saw how the clown got vented and I think you cant just do that....
But it was quite funny.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: March 29, 2013, 03:33:37 pm »

If you're a clown, part of the job is having people always pissed off at you. Most people use the clown role to run around and be annoying, so unless you prove to be helpful then people won't be so inclined to space the clown who's been annoying them the whole round.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: March 29, 2013, 03:37:36 pm »

Yeah, I have a question about that, if someone(clown) is cutting wires and letting people slip is it justified to vent him?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: March 29, 2013, 03:40:15 pm »

Virus that makes you fat needs nutriment to be cured.

Glorious, just glorious.

E: I just force-fed Axl a drugs pill right in front of the captain. I told the security officer it was to "stop his shaking". He totally bought it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:56:37 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48:27 pm »

Depends on the wires and who slipped. for wires lights to the bar no problem, the ones that supply power to the AI not cool. Causing a Grey shirt to slip no problem, slipping Security you better run.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: March 29, 2013, 03:58:13 pm »

Yeah, I have a question about that, if someone(clown) is cutting wires and letting people slip is it justified to vent him?

Killing a character is not an appropriate reaction to minor destruction of property.  Remember, the player who is the clown dosen't have too many options for doing their job, which is to create levity and add an unexpected element to the round by playing pranks, and surprising people with harmless hi-jinks.

REMEMBER: The clown is usually doing their character's Job.  Despising the clown is perfectly fine, and can add to the story the round creates.  Senselessly killing the clown because you can adds nothing to the round, and forces one of your friends to have to sit out the rest of the round.  The interference the clown creates is an intended part of the game, and can help level the playing field a little bit between experienced players and new players.  It prevents you from always knowing what to expect.

It is additionaly inappropriate to just kill a character because of their profession since antagonists are assigned without regard to it.  By slaying the QM because he keeps placing orders, you may be taking out the antagonist of the round without RPing the round.

Should Security officers be mobbed because they walk around with weapons?

Clowns should be subject to standard space law.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:10:19 pm by Vactor »
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: March 29, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »

No drugs in the chem lab, the tought alone terrifies me. Why would we make drugs? That's a crime, we wouldn't do that, would we Rabidgamer?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1654