Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120567 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1965 on: March 23, 2013, 01:55:10 am »

The problem is that Republic of Space Station 13 seems to be too much of a mouthful to me, and adding 13 onto the end of Worker's Republic just makes it seem kinda generic. Bah, we don't really have enough of a culture to come up with a good name, don't we?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 23, 2013, 01:57:30 am »

I'm so hyper from the round that I can't sleep. :x The Free People of Space?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 23, 2013, 01:58:47 am »

I'm so hyper from the round that I can't sleep. :x The Free People of Space?

I can get behind that. Also allows room for other sister stations to join our glorious republic.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 23, 2013, 02:53:18 am »

GUYS GUYS, I Wrote the Rev story finally after a week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 23, 2013, 03:45:55 am »

Anyone actually playing at the moment?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 23, 2013, 07:42:10 am »

The Republic of Space Station 13 (RSS13) is fine. Republic of the Revolution is "Meh".

Worker's Republic 13, or something along the lines of that seems okay to me.
Democratic People's Republic of SS13.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 23, 2013, 07:50:03 am »

United Space Station Republic?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 23, 2013, 07:53:25 am »

United Space Station of Mad Men (USSMM)
Fixed

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 23, 2013, 08:01:08 am »

Could a admin come on and restart the server? The station is in a rather shoddy state right now.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 23, 2013, 08:14:28 am »

Could a admin come on and restart the server? The station is in a rather shoddy state right now.
Done.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 23, 2013, 08:27:28 am »

I bought a bunch of crates of weapons and ran to the chapel to hide. One second, it was nice and calm, the next, there were screams of "RISE UP, BROTHERS!" and shit went down. The HoP was chased through the halls by knife-wielding revs, I shot the Captain point-blank with a combat shotgun, and the AI went totally fucking nuts with fire alarms and bolts.

Shit. You had weapons? I wouldn't have minded grabbing a couple of those before we rose up and tore off our chains of oppression. Still, running around with nothing but a knife and revolutionary fervour was pretty awesome.
There were some problems.
A) I bought the weapons before the revolution and had no ID to open them
B) The Head of Security probably would've busted our asses if we HAD a way to open them
C) When the revolution did start, the AI went crazy with firelocks and I could barely get Dimitry there, let alone the line of people following him.

The command staff never did anything about me not turning up my suit sensors...
I also had that for your arrest long and that, combined with the other things, was why I was incessantly chasing you. I planned on Permabriging you with your headset to teach everyone a lesson.

Overall did I do a decent job as HoS? I know i wasn't anywhere close to robust when I got locked in the hall with you guys. (considering I flashed myself) but i thought i did a decent job.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:49:50 am by revo »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 23, 2013, 09:19:18 am »

Just a quick question because I had to go yesterday: did I win? I had to steal a jetpack and escape alive, but for some reason the maintenance tunnels north of the arrivals hallway were completely blown up, so my plan of "thermite my way from primary tool storage into EVA" didn't really work and I ended up emagging my way in, nearly suffocating in the process. And when I came out with a jetpack in my hand, at that exact moment, a miner passed. He somehow didn't notice the chemist holding a jetpack tough. So I went to the locker room and hid it in the toilets. A bit later I saw the detective rooting trough the lockers in the locker room, and kinda panicked, but apparantly he was just searching the lockers. At that point I had to go, so I went to one of the arrivals pods with my jetpack and buckled myself in after welding and emagging the door.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 23, 2013, 10:05:43 am »

I tried to assassinate the RD by feeding him to a slime. He got up when I did, we had a little fight, but I beat him, tried to feed him to a slime, tried to kill said slime, said slime latched onto me. I then jumped into disposals to lose it. Turns out, xeno disposals goes into space.
Theres a sign on the wall that mentions space, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 23, 2013, 10:28:31 am »

They get in, and reset my laws. No dice. They try several things, but finally implement Asimov again. I wish the hologram has emotes, because I would have made Janus cry. Then, they keep fiddling with my laws as I start fixing what I have done. Goodwin Wright is demanding they come fight him, and when they reset my laws to Paladin, I am unsure how to proceed. Goodwin is technically the only remaining head, and thus the 'legitimate authority' but he was urging me to kill, to cause harm, to commit evil. AI made a rough judgement call: No one is in charge. He must not be harmed. No one must be harmed.

I don't like mean to second guess your AI judgments, as I know how hard it can be to be constantly making those hard judgement calls in complex situations, but I think you would have been well within your Laws to support the acting captain.  The revolutionarys had committed regicide, and there was a clear successor who was attempting to bring justice on the killers. (also I was a horrible underdog, and needed all the help I could get)  I only wish I had had more time, so that I could have set up another set of traps in engineering.

That is one thing that is frustrating about the communication system.  When you are stuck in a hairy situation, or a stand off, you pretty much have to stay mute.  Combat is resolved so quickly that if you get caught typing its game over for you.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 23, 2013, 10:39:02 am »

Vactor read it. If it wasn't for you I would have never of wrote this.
GUYS GUYS, I Wrote the Rev story finally after a week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1654