Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121568 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1335 on: March 13, 2013, 10:57:37 am »

There needs to be a gamemode where everyone is a clown, except for the corporate spies sent in to destroy the evil deviants.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 13, 2013, 10:59:42 am »

There needs to be a gamemode where everyone is a clown, except for the corporate spies sent in to destroy the evil deviants.

Can be done by admins, just clown everyone and bring in the Deathsquad. It would end in what, 10 minutes?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

Here's another gimmick idea: Half of the people is death squad, other half is space ninjas. Space ninjas have to defend the station from death squad. Woo

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 13, 2013, 11:19:47 am »

you may as well play a different game at that point, SS13's combat system isn't really its strong point, its more about the complex station systems that are keeping everyone alive, and the almost limitless ways in which those systems can be subverted or compromised, and the struggle to regain control or repair said systems.

This ties in a bit to one of the reasons I'm not as much a fan of the singularity style reactor compared to the old fashioned plasma reactor.  With the plasma reactor even if it fails you could eventually (at least theoretically) control and repair the damage.  If the singularity gets loose there is nothing you can do to stop it short of hoping it randomly moves away from the station.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:26 am »

Wich is why we should change it to a nuclear reactor or something.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 13, 2013, 11:26:54 am »

I think the singularity should be more easily destroyed. Maybe just start the station with one bag of holding?  It'd be fun (For me at least) to try to rebuild half the station after it got eaten.

I guess you really would need the ability to make or order SMES's though, because odds are the singularity would get those pretty much right away.

Has anyone ever tried using the containment generators for more creative purposes? Like blocking off a room? What would happen if you stuck those on the other side of a door. I feel like a lot of people would end up running right into it on their way through the door.  Actually... never mind, this was never suggested, move along people, nothing to see here.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 13, 2013, 11:29:22 am »

To be fair, there was one instance recently where the singo got loose near the beginning, and we managed to set another one up, which worked fine for the next 2 hours of the round.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 13, 2013, 11:31:29 am »

Has anyone ever tried using the containment generators for more creative purposes? Like blocking off a room? What would happen if you stuck those on the other side of a door. I feel like a lot of people would end up running right into it on their way through the door.  Actually... never mind, this was never suggested, move along people, nothing to see here.
I've been trying to get my hands on 2 contaiment things for quite some time now, as they can be used to open crates and the like.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 13, 2013, 11:58:08 am »

How do you use them to open crates? ???
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:36 pm »

How do you use them to open crates? ???
Apparently, and according to the wiki, the shock should break/switch the lock. So just throw them in, I suppose.

According to that same wiki, shooting it should work to.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 13, 2013, 12:14:04 pm »

"WE ARE DOOMED"
"WE ARE GOING TO DIE"
"SAVE YOURSELF"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 13, 2013, 12:38:21 pm »

"WE ARE DOOMED"
"WE ARE GOING TO DIE"
"SAVE YOURSELF"
Sounds like your average carp-damned/spider-filled/vineificated/singulo-eaten station.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 13, 2013, 12:42:20 pm »

When they were first introduced it was pretty common for engineering to create a barrier with them just for the hell of it. It's quite effective.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 13, 2013, 12:49:01 pm »

"WE ARE DOOMED"
"WE ARE GOING TO DIE"
"SAVE YOURSELF"
Sounds like your average carp-damned/spider-filled/vineificated/singulo-eaten station.
Nope. Guess the gamemode. You get one hint:

It's a synonym for lag.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 13, 2013, 12:49:57 pm »

"WE ARE DOOMED"
"WE ARE GOING TO DIE"
"SAVE YOURSELF"
Nope. Guess the gamemode. You get one hint:

It's a synonym for lag.
Meteor?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1654