Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122164 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #855 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:35 am »

I'll just finish breakfast and then drop in.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #856 on: March 06, 2013, 12:52:39 am »

I'll have to admit, some Chem-combos are fun, and others are disappointing. I was hoping a corrosive-foam would actually act as a corrosive, and melt anyone and anything caught in the foam; but nope. Not a total loss, however, because space-lube and foam works wonders. And makes for a fun slip'n'slide too; thanks to consecutive slippage, along with area-effect comedy for the next few moments. I call it "Tefloning". Only real setback is that it requires anything that can store 100 units of substance to work at it's best.

Space drug smoke bombs also rocks as well. Tripped myself and a spider out while I dueled to the death with it. I won, and then died not long after. 30-substance-size smoke clouds are fun, but I didn't try a 90 yet. Chloral Hydrate smoke bombs really help as well. I hope I can make really good use of that combo if another terror arrives (knock them out, and slide them across the halls simultaneously).

EDIT:
I learned how to make them portable, and effective in tiny doses. I think I found myself a drug business in this game.

Furthermore, recent match forced me to learn the ropes of doing surgery. The first couple were messy, and rather nightmarish if you were the one operated on; but the last one went flawlessly.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:01:26 am by Itnetlolor »

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 06, 2013, 05:46:38 am »

I made another map update.

This version has a bunch more AI holopads. Some old holopads were removed to spread them out more evenly.
 A couple more firelocks have been fixed, and fire medkits have been added to the fireman closets. It should be very rare to get trapped inside somewhere due to firelocks, though it's still pretty common to be unable to get inside areas due to firelocks.
 The HV power loop is still there but the only newly electrified places (compared to the stock map) are the HoS's office, the generator's windows, grating I added south of the generator (which also prevents accidental space voyages) and parts of Atmosia (just the lower right corner, leaving plenty of room to break in).
 There are also now cables running to the SMESs in Communications and the AI room so they can be recharged if needed.

Here's the map
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:49:52 am by Leonon »

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 06, 2013, 06:46:12 am »

Hey, were you my Acting Chief Engineer/Head of Honking?
Also, weren't you who I first tested my face-melter acid spray on? That sure was effective. Melted your suicide note while at it.

If you want, to make amends, I can always replace the water in the spray flower with acid or space lube, chloral hydrate, or LSD and space drugs. Add to your comedy routine; albeit, I have an Umgah's sense of humor on that level. Metal foam flower spray is always an awesome joke.

EDIT:
That was directed at Fayrik, actually.
I knew you were up to no good!
Though I don't think my face melted. Either you hit me while I had the hardsuit hat on, or my clown mask saved my life. I'm honestly not sure which.

You didn't read my "suicide" note, did you?

West of the Bridge: EVA has a holopad. The Gateway, Tool storage, the room across the hall from tool storage, and Arrivals in general have no holopads anywhere.
This sounds to me like where they're needed the most.

There are also now cables running to the SMESs in Communications and the AI room so they can be recharged if needed.
I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. They start off at 100% anyway, so it's kind of nice to be the AI and know that at some point you're going to have to beg Engineering to wire you up to the network. Or die horribly.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 06, 2013, 10:47:01 am »

By the way, you're all talking about nuclear fission, but what if our reactor was a nuclear FUSION reactor? Oh, and the server is empty. Anybody?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 06, 2013, 10:51:30 am »

By the way, you're all talking about nuclear fission, but what if our reactor was a nuclear FUSION reactor? Oh, and the server is empty. Anybody?
Are you saying we should turn the station into a mini-dyson sphere, or just fusion power instead of nuklear?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 06, 2013, 10:54:51 am »

Are you saying we should turn the station into a mini-dyson sphere, or just fusion power instead of nuklear?
I vote for the former. We're all engineers on the super spherical station XIII.
Even pun-pun the smoking monkey.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 06, 2013, 10:55:46 am »

Wouldn't a mini Dyson Sphere just be "SOLAR PANELS EVERYWHERE!"?

Yeah, I'm talking about using a fusion reactor. After all, we're in DA FUTUUR. Altough it may be a bit hard to sabotage. And IIRC fusion reactors would need a lot of power to get started.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 06, 2013, 11:09:09 am »

Alright, what about a Fusion reactor next to the singularity. One explodes, the other implodes. Both at once? There's not going to be an engineering to speak of.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:36 am »

Why have a singularity and a fusion reactor? Both just seems so counter-inuitive.

E: Oh, and the game is stuck in an endless loop of:

Welcome to the pre-game lobby!
Please, setup your character and select ready. Game will start in 90 seconds
Error setting up traitor. Reverting to pre-game lobby.

Altough it threw a "Unable to open cache file" error in there once.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:01 am »

After all, we're in DA FUTUUR.

In answer to your question about power requirements...

I'd support a fusion reactor for the station. Personally I'm inclined towards the pistol fusion reactor, but I'm not sure how that'd translate to game terms. Though no matter what reactor design we go with, it should include plasma somehow in its power generation (plasma chucks? plasma gas?). Plasma is supposed to be the reason we're all on the station, right?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:32 am »

Why have a singularity and a fusion reactor? Both just seems so counter-inuitive.

E: Oh, and the game is stuck in an endless loop of:

Altough it threw a "Unable to open cache file" error in there once.

Restarted the server, let me know if it gives you more trouble.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:24 am »

Nah, it's just the fact that I'm alone and that vote is bugged out, so I can't enter the game.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 06, 2013, 11:28:01 am »

Yeah, pretty sure dyson spheres are just for stars. a mini one would be a.... solar array?

Maybe there should only be solars in the beginning, and engineering can choose to build a singularity engine or a reactor to power every system.

How about we increase the power demands of every department, and include a power-switching system to allow engineering (or head of personnel or something) to easily choose which departments receive power, with the option to expand solars / build an engine to generate enough energy for the entire station?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 06, 2013, 11:32:26 am »

Increase power requirements, on a station which has a strong possibility of having no engineers at least part of the time. Are you sure you thought that through entirely?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1654