Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124774 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 11:39:02 am »

If you don't have a multi tool, you just need to practice on an unimportant door cutting wires until the test light turns off or the door bolts. Remember which wire is which, and you only need to cut the power wire (which turned the test light off) to crowbar open doors.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 11:46:41 am »

Note that you may or may not die from experimenting on doors while not wearing insulated gloves, especially if the door is in a high-voltage area. The engine handles the power of the entire station so accidentally cutting an electrified wire there will probably roast you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »

Okay, so:
You will need a screwdriver, crowbar, and wirecutters/preferably multitool. And a door, of course.

First, use the screwdriver on the door to open the panel with the wires.

Second, take out your wire-operating tool.

Now, there are two wires of interest: one that's obligatory, that being the 'Test Light' one, and the other, optional, is the Bolts one.

You will want to pulse/cut and mend wires until you can find the one that causes the Test Light to be off. If you haven't fried yourself, mission accomplished, just use a crowbar on the door to open it.

Now, if you used the wirecutters and the Bolts fell down, you dun goofed. You will have to wait until they get back up, or find a multitool and pulse the wire you used.

There is also a supah seekrit technique: aside from the other two, get a Remote Signaling Device if you have the Signaler on your PDA (Scientists, for example, have it).

Set a non-default code/frequency on the RSD, screw the door open, attach signaller, go to PDA, send the proper code on the proper frequency. This way you cannot get zapped (I think), and you can experiment with the wires AND, if you find the right wires, you can leave the RSD there to gain remote control over the bolts/open at will if you have the crowbar, for respective wires.

Seekrit trick 2: drink a shitload of Kelotane, then get zapped to your heart's content without any damage.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

I'm 99% sure you can still get shocked unless you wait ~60 seconds between signalling the door and switching the signaller to the next wire. Other than that, it's very useful, especially at bolting airlocks to trap people.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 01:22:03 pm »

Seekrit trick 2: drink a shitload of Kelotane, then get zapped to your heart's content without any damage.
I approve of this, if only to give the chemist a job beyond making blood-mercury pills and dropping them in the hallway.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 01:23:07 pm »

I will test that out as soon as I get the chance.

Wow.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »

To add to scrdest's guide: You have to wear insulated gloves so you don't get shocked.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »

To add to scrdest's guide: You have to wear insulated gloves so you don't get shocked.

To live is to risk!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2013, 01:40:50 pm »

I'm going to be out of town for the weekend.  Aklyon, Freshman, Electronics, and ShoesandHats(Aardvark in game) are currently admins, so bug one of them if things get stuck.

KG

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »

Awesome stuff :)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:26 pm »

To add to the addition: no, budget insulated gloves are not the same, and may in fact get you shocked.

From completely unrelated stuff, stungloves are hilarious.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013, 03:09:26 pm »

Epic round! Deathsquad nuked the station, I was the only person from SS13 that survived! :D
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »

Aliens vs Death commandos:
Technically the aliens win if the commandos have to nuke themselves to succeed, right? :P
THere might be a larva hidden somewhere in the asteroid.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:12:50 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2013, 03:14:21 pm »

The commandos got away (Except Bravo, I'm not sure where he went).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »

The commandos got away (Except Bravo, I'm not sure where he went).
If you don't know where he is, he's on the station.
So I was partially right. :P

(That, and I wasn't directly interfering in Electronics' side. I could've blown up all the shuttles if I felt like making it terrible for the commandos)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:23:07 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1654