Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118007 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23055 on: September 13, 2015, 05:34:28 am »

PSA: despite all the evidence to the contrary, Bay merge is still going through. Which will also require some remaps, path changes and, uh, stuff. Dealing with a third-party mapping change may be... problematic, right now. And bulletsec is a change that would require a fuckton of discussion and a vote, most likely.

Also: that holodeck fire edit has a major side effect. You're also nerfing any fires coming from the hallway. And, on the other hand, making the same hallway much more dangerous since a sonic nade/chiropteran screech can depressurize the whole area quickly.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: September 13, 2015, 02:53:00 pm »

I take offense at every part of that post. I designed RD, after all.
Don't have an easily breached space tile in the center of toxins, that ruins toxins fires. The extra windows might do that, too, but idk ZAS.

As for the ballistics, that might have more consequences than you think.

ah sorry its just that if you drag a crate to the computer you can get yourself stuck and wont be able to free yourself without help. The changes I made to R&D were primarily to address that. Also I feel like toxins fires are hard enough to deal with already but I can still change things around when things get more stable for a map merge.

The change I made to the holodeck was more of me throwing the idea out there but it would be much more ideal then cutting it out entirely.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: September 13, 2015, 03:40:27 pm »

I was joking about the offense thing, this map was made several years ago for tgcode and I'm honestly surprised "my" departments haven't been recapped completely yet.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #23058 on: September 13, 2015, 04:35:11 pm »

Well, server's dead apparently
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Vox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23059 on: September 13, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

RIP
You... You're about to weaponize chickens. You are my hero.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: September 13, 2015, 06:35:01 pm »

It came back to life after a couple of minutes. Hooray for autoreboot!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23061 on: September 13, 2015, 11:22:29 pm »

Which is why I mentioned it; It sometimes seems that I'm the only guy who knows about it, so I never get to use it due to no one else using it. :/

Also, now that I mention it, I can't get on the backup for some reason. Anyone else having a problem with it?

If you do have problems with the backup server, feel free to shoot me a PM.  I don't post here anymore, but I have email notifications on and will get PMs.

KG

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: September 14, 2015, 01:42:43 am »

I finally perfected the design.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: September 14, 2015, 01:51:11 am »

SNIP

ah sorry its just that if you drag a crate to the computer you can get yourself stuck and wont be able to free yourself without help. The changes I made to R&D were primarily to address that. Also I feel like toxins fires are hard enough to deal with already but I can still change things around when things get more stable for a map merge.

The change I made to the holodeck was more of me throwing the idea out there but it would be much more ideal then cutting it out entirely.
Just letting you know that dragging a crate there doesn't get you stuck, if the crate is closed, you can climb atop it with the right-click menu.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:50 am »

Would adding more collectors increase power output? If so you could ring the 3 available sides with them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: September 14, 2015, 10:46:14 am »

Would adding more collectors increase power output? If so you could ring the 3 available sides with them.

Yes but that would involve nagging cargo to order more collecter crates as you only have four spare collector to use as well as phoron tanks as engineering has 10 and the supermatter uses 6.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: September 14, 2015, 11:16:40 am »

I like how it's right next to the escape shuttle dock. So many ways for things to go horribly wrong/right.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23067 on: September 14, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »

Well... news from the code front, as of just now, we're down to a number of compile errors we can actually count, so under 100. Merge is still Soon (TM) but the (TM)'s letters are getting loose and the S seems slightly shrinking.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:51 pm »

Genuinely soon. I've been away for the last four days or so, but I should be getting back to work on it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: September 20, 2015, 04:13:37 am »

BYOND 509 HYPE

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 1654