Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118110 times)

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23025 on: September 04, 2015, 03:43:27 pm »

Yeah, but why does the mainserver keep going down? Also, not many people use secondserver/know of it.

EDIT: Also, when I manage to log into the mainserver in-between apparent shutdowns, it seems to have preserved the round from last night when it crashed. Somehow.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:45:27 pm by MCipher »
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23026 on: September 04, 2015, 03:53:22 pm »

Which is why I mentioned it; It sometimes seems that I'm the only guy who knows about it, so I never get to use it due to no one else using it. :/

Also, now that I mention it, I can't get on the backup for some reason. Anyone else having a problem with it?

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23027 on: September 04, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

I don't have any problem with it, I can get on just fine, so I don't know what your problem could be.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #23028 on: September 04, 2015, 06:14:29 pm »

Server is back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23029 on: September 04, 2015, 10:12:05 pm »

Thanks, Vac.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23030 on: September 06, 2015, 01:29:10 am »

And so ends my most thorough round of janitor ever. And my first round of more than 5 minutes before throwing my hands up and walking away in confusion in about a year or so. T'was fun. Got to replace SEC lighting where I got my hands on a lethal injection I used to sacrifice myself to Lizard Christ for the good of the station after cleaning up a crime scene. I believe the four totems of the janitor (wet floor signs) surrounding my corpse will see that my request is seen to by Lizard Christ.

So profession-wise janitor definitely helps to get your bearings in a new station. And was surprisingly fun for a job I usually hear sucks. Can't wait to be a traitor again though. Always loved being elaborate

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23031 on: September 07, 2015, 11:02:21 pm »

Jesus christ, how the fuck is this still up again?

Who even runs this nowadays? Who are the admins? How did anyone even give a fuck about me even after I left? Fuck man.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23032 on: September 07, 2015, 11:03:47 pm »

Glloyd is in charge, These are the admins, and I know I don't really care for you but I can't speak of anyone else.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23033 on: September 07, 2015, 11:04:17 pm »

Glloyd is in charge, These are the admins, and I know I don't really care for you but I can't speak of anyone else.
Y-you too.

But nah, I'm not coming in, trying to be all attention-grabbing and shit like that. I just saw that a few people remembered me for some fucking reason and was kind of flattered, is all. What's the server pop like nowadays? We still dead-as-fuck?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:06:31 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23034 on: September 07, 2015, 11:13:14 pm »

This'll auto update

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23035 on: September 07, 2015, 11:26:39 pm »

I was actually lurking threads where I've seen that signature right now to get a feels for if I should pop in and not break into places and steal the CE's stuff. Apologies about that again. You'd think I'd know better, but that was the first time I've ever been called out for my collect stuff I think nobody'll be using and see how I can dick with it antics.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23036 on: September 08, 2015, 06:25:48 am »

Y-you too.

But nah, I'm not coming in, trying to be all attention-grabbing and shit like that. I just saw that a few people remembered me for some fucking reason and was kind of flattered, is all. What's the server pop like nowadays? We still dead-as-fuck?
Ohai, Bd, pop is definitely not dead as fuck. We've had up to like 18 people yesterday, although some of that was staff observing and seekritclubbing in msay, normalpop events are designed for 30-ish people and the most recent one, with advertising on Reddit (probably ill-advised) pulled in FIFTY-FIVE PEOPLE.

Normal rounds tends to be 10-20, sometimes higher sometimes lower.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23037 on: September 08, 2015, 11:52:27 am »

Y-you too.

Ohai, Bd, pop is definitely not dead as fuck. We've had up to like 18 people yesterday, although some of that was staff observing and seekritclubbing in msay, normalpop events are designed for 30-ish people and the most recent one, with advertising on Reddit (probably ill-advised) pulled in FIFTY-FIVE PEOPLE.

Normal rounds tends to be 10-20, sometimes higher sometimes lower.

BD! :D

And yeah, yesterday we had 22 at the peak, 20 the day before.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23038 on: September 09, 2015, 05:45:21 am »

i've been wondering lately as to how hard it would be to offload ss13 into a bunch of different processes so it can be multicored in the hackiest way possible

initial guesses ballpark it around jesus christ how horrifying and just commit sudoku already, as even if you figured out how to actually move the data (thought is to make the part running on dreamdaemon only handle the server-client netcode and have everything else running in its own chunks) you'd have to port the whole damn byondcode and even then you run into the same issues multithreaded applications always do and that will always be full of fuck

by the way, do proper "do whatever the fuck you like" codebases still exist or do i have to fish out 4407 in order to bypass legal bullshit?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23039 on: September 09, 2015, 06:22:12 am »

yes

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 1654