Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126078 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22500 on: July 03, 2015, 04:33:03 am »

Meh there is a bit of a in-club going on and I don't think it changed much in recents months and with a bit I mean, I've littarly been banned for punching a player back after he hit me with a crossbow (fist used once, no one dead). The standart should always be the same punishment for the same misconduct regardless of person, with light varations depending on the situation, but instead its the buddy club. Surly I am overstating the issue, but it does exist. Who watches the watchman?

Regardless, most players are happy so w/e.
It's actually the opposite, if anything. Admins are reluctant to ban people who aren't straight-up 'lel bomb the station as non-antag' grief - if only because people have a brainderp some days and do something silly that escalates quickly.

But then that person shows themselves to be consistently shit, doing that every other round, and eventually just about any offence is enough to push an admin over the edge and just ban the shitler.

The punishment for that kind of stuff you describe is standard. Either nothing, if within the boundaries of proper escalation, or a warning. If it was a lelban, as mentioned above, you can and should appeal/admincomplaint that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: July 03, 2015, 05:11:03 am »

catgirls were merged on tg

im cring

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: July 03, 2015, 05:46:47 am »

im cring
What. WHAT. WHAAAAT.

REALLY?!

(I see now what agenda J_L has to be advocating for a return to tgcode :P)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: July 03, 2015, 06:17:29 am »

im cring

Why exactly? I see no reason to cry. Some people get to roleplay catboys/girls and such. Unless that's the heroic 'something i wanted got merged' crying :P

also i'm not ded yay?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: July 03, 2015, 06:19:11 am »

Don't know a ton about dreammaker, and haven't looked at the code myself, but from what I've heard it's an absolute, poorly-optimized mess. That could be part of it.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: July 03, 2015, 08:40:46 am »

Someone should really make a standalone version of SS13  :P
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22506 on: July 03, 2015, 11:16:21 am »

the tears im cring are tears of laughter

don't get me wrong, i'm completely in every way against snowflakey catgirls in my spacemans, but at least this provides a nice middle finger to the ridiculously snowflakey and ugly lizard customization.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: July 03, 2015, 11:24:24 am »

What's up?
Black lives matter.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: July 03, 2015, 11:39:47 am »

basically anyone who thought that non-human spacemen are a good idea should be banned from ss13 forever

catgirls are good because it'll attract weebs who are the pillar of the community and you can still say that they're technically human

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: July 03, 2015, 11:43:54 am »

Also, better to give fkkin 4rries perma-cat ears than, well, Tajarans.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: July 03, 2015, 12:16:07 pm »

basically anyone who thought that non-human spacemen are a good idea should be banned from ss13 forever

catgirls are good because it'll attract weebs who are the pillar of the community and you can still say that they're technically human
nah normal lizards with no customization beyond the color were pretty cool, adds a bit of variety and arr pee, i'd have been fine with a selection of unobtrusive-looking horns too, but they had to go all the way and add ugly-ass spines and five hundred different tails and two million snouts etc

E:
should i merge the PR that fixes everybody spawning with cat ears
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:56:13 pm by miauw62 »

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: July 03, 2015, 12:56:22 pm »

honestly, it doesnt bother me either way, i'm not 100% sure why people are upset baesd on a theoretically 'problem' that may arise.. i mean.. people role playing in undesirable ways already happens and gets dealt with by admins, people being different races and causing 'problems' would be dealt with in the same way?

It seems a lot of pre-mature outrage to me.. but then again i have only played on urist mcstation, and haven't seen anyone doing anything inappropriate with non-human races so...

and dealing with things like complex race relations [things like racial hatred/jokes/inter-species cultural relationships], while... inherently difficult to role play well and in a adult manner... it's not like their isn't any value at all...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:58:28 pm by Rift »

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: July 03, 2015, 03:00:56 pm »

im cring

Thank God I left a year ago, wtf have you people been doing.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: July 03, 2015, 04:18:43 pm »

im cring
(I see now what agenda J_L has to be advocating for a return to tgcode :P)
https://youtu.be/PTAXUYLbFYk

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: July 03, 2015, 08:49:48 pm »

Why do people hate catboys :c
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 1654