Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126129 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22530 on: July 05, 2015, 05:35:39 am »

New heist gamemode.
That's not news (the OP's from March), someone just necro'd that thread.

Still, I guess some people hadn't heard yet. Honestly, I find that the least interesting of the gamemode changes - the antagonist rework itself is far more interesting. No longer shall badminnery be required to make an 'ALL THE ANTAGS' round. Tater is sooper stealthy? Woop woop, add antagonist vote, say hello to a pirate raid, or newcops, or lings.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: July 05, 2015, 05:48:10 am »

You may want to look into porting /tg/'s new Gang mode, which started out as double rev but has become much more and is pretty fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22532 on: July 05, 2015, 06:50:13 am »

You may want to look into porting /tg/'s new Gang mode, which started out as double rev but has become much more and is pretty fun.
I am, actually, except it's kinda pointless to port any modes right now based on the Urist code considering we're overdue for a Bay merge - but since so is Bay, we're waiting for them to merge the freeze so that we don't have to go through the hassle twice.

And that very merge refactors how antagonist code works. So porting it now means porting it twice - once from tg to Urist, then from old antag code to new one. I could base it off of Bay dev-freeze, I suppose, but I have maintenance work to do on Vamp first, plus a fuckload of ideas lately.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: July 05, 2015, 07:35:09 am »

New heist gamemode.
That's not news (the OP's from March), someone just necro'd that thread.

Still, I guess some people hadn't heard yet. Honestly, I find that the least interesting of the gamemode changes - the antagonist rework itself is far more interesting. No longer shall badminnery be required to make an 'ALL THE ANTAGS' round. Tater is sooper stealthy? Woop woop, add antagonist vote, say hello to a pirate raid, or newcops, or lings.

Last time I posted it, it got swamped in S-COM and wasn't already in I think. Plus people don't look as often at 'old necro'd thread'

We're not putting the special magic mirror in our ERT, right?
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22534 on: July 05, 2015, 08:02:15 am »

I'unno, been a long time. Goes live in the update Bay has yet to merge, so it's not in there either.

Oh, another super neat thing coming in the update: 2sexy lighting rewrite.

E: There's also a fun new feature that is super easy to miss if you don't know it was added. Buckling is refactored to be handled by objects, some objects act same as now, but you can also buckle people to pipes if - and only if - you handcuffed them, and IIRC buckling people to HOT pipes will be... unpleasant to the victim.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:18:30 am by scrdest »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: July 05, 2015, 08:24:05 am »

That reminds me that there was a bug where people buckled to pipes could try to move and it would put them inside the pipe, then allow them to ventcrawl to freedom.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: July 05, 2015, 11:21:18 am »

New heist gamemode.

No Inviolate heist? Well I guess heist will soon become as infamous as new cops on Urist, as of now it is already a huge grey area of how much Vox can do and people still rage.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: July 05, 2015, 12:46:37 pm »

New heist gamemode.

No Inviolate heist? Well I guess heist will soon become as infamous as new cops on Urist, as of now it is already a huge grey area of how much Vox can do and people still rage.
During Heists, at least this month, I hadn't really seen people raging at the Vox. Unless it was a random village idiot who went lel kill errything.

By the way, pacifist ops is an interesting potential gimmick. Not stealthops - go loud, just use stunguns and cuffs, supplemented with sleepypens and sonics and whatnot.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: July 08, 2015, 06:32:01 pm »

I would like to thank everyone for their support in giving me the "best clown" award, I accept this honor with humility and thanks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22539 on: July 09, 2015, 10:32:58 am »

Did you manage to be a non-aggravating clown?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: July 09, 2015, 11:14:02 am »

A bad clown is annoying.
A good clown is funny.
A great clown is madness and fear incarnate.
The best clown is...?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: July 09, 2015, 11:14:46 am »

Dead.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: July 09, 2015, 12:19:35 pm »

Just you wait until that one player finishes spriting my clownborgs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: July 09, 2015, 01:11:49 pm »

Player who indirectly asked The Owl where the fungus was: I was looking for you as The Owl with a note explaining the situation, but my game bugged out before I could find you. The Owl might see all and have various other mighty powers, but it is no match for BYOND. No superhero is.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22544 on: July 09, 2015, 02:07:01 pm »

I would like to give Stef infinite thanks for driving away the evil Lord Melon, and saving us all.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1654