Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123724 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21420 on: February 28, 2015, 09:04:18 pm »

Just woke up in the middle of the night and thought, "Hey, I'm not too tired; maybe I could finally play in another SS13 event." Welp, looks like I won't. I'm starting to think I'm cursed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21421 on: February 28, 2015, 09:21:46 pm »

Server crashed too. Clearly it is not any of our nights today.  :P

EDIT: I was wrong.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:24:59 pm by Cheedows »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21422 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:54 pm »

You fuckers better show up tomorrow night.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21423 on: March 01, 2015, 04:54:16 am »

Protip: while space is cold enough to make cryoxadone/clonexadone work, throwing yourself out of an airlock with the patient is a Bad Idea. After healing the damage, grabbing the patient and throwing an object to reverse flight only reverses your character, dooming the patient.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21424 on: March 01, 2015, 05:01:40 am »

Protip: while space is cold enough to make cryoxadone/clonexadone work, throwing yourself out of an airlock with the patient is a Bad Idea. After healing the damage, grabbing the patient and throwing an object to reverse flight only reverses your character, dooming the patient.
Another protip from the recipient of your malpractice: When you have neither consent nor given forewarning, do not throw acid at the pissed-off patient's face, melt her hairpiece, piss her off even more, throw another beaker of acid at her, and expect her to calm down when you tell her to. You may have been trying to remove the horsemask, but she neither know that nor would appreciate the method by which you are going about the removal.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21425 on: March 01, 2015, 06:02:29 am »

If you're talking our code, space is not cold, to my knowledge, and even if it is but doesn't *make* you cold, there's a far better option.

You can use a wrench on any shower to overclock its heater/cooler, getting, respectively, either superheated or superchilled water. The latter is cold enough to work as ghetto cryo, the former is great if you're committing suicide wearing a chameleon psychedelic jumpsuit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21426 on: March 01, 2015, 07:03:13 am »

Well, my point still stands, that just makes it an even Worse Idea.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21427 on: March 01, 2015, 07:25:44 am »

Well, my point still stands, that just makes it an even Worse Idea.
I wasn't arguing, I was just saying how you *could* do it right.

In other news, Glloyd had to stay up the entire night, but we now have the new BS12 update! Seeing as sig thing says the serveris down, it's either Vac updating it right now, or a good opportunity to do so if it's accidental.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21428 on: March 01, 2015, 07:37:47 am »

Yay, better 2d spessmen!
What's the update?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21429 on: March 01, 2015, 08:42:16 am »

Yay, better 2d spessmen!
What's the update?
Odds and ends; some notable stuff is the modified, context-based combat system, which I already explained earlier in the thread. More than once, too, I believe, so exercise them search functon-clicking muscles if you want in-depth, but teal deer - it's not major, but it makes things a bit more interesting than Spessman 1's player clicking Spessman 2 and vice versa until one of them falls over but you can actually do things to influence your chances other than sanicking around.

Hardsuits are now voidsuits, but it's more than just a name change this time - they now act as a self-contained spess activity suit, with the helmet being, I believe, contained in the suit; so instead of being a separate item to lug around, you just hop in, take off your hat and let the helmet open up around you; the helmets also work as internals now, so no need for a separate mask. I might be mixing things up, because several suits, like the Mining or Engineering ones, were changed into Rigs, which are, essentially, exoskeletons/mini-mechs/I AM IRON MAN (speaking of which, rigs can be - voluntarily or not - hijacked remotely by AIs).

Voice changers no longer depend on having an Agent ID to work at full effectiveness, now you set your new voice with the voice changer itself.

Some changes were made to the window destruction system alongside making doors destructable - both show a message once the damage has reached certain thresholds, the latter, when damaged enough, starts sparking, then breaks into a de-powered (?), screwdrived open broken door.

There's also my motorcycles, you've seen a mockup during the last Train event although that was just a varedit, mine are slightly better, Glloyd's Millwall Bricks (a new improvised weapon type) and tons of bugfixes, notably for Xenomorphs.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21430 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:22 am »

server is updated and back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21431 on: March 01, 2015, 09:55:23 am »

How do Millwall Bricks compare to other melee weapons? I'm guessing they're pretty weak because of how easy newspapers are to get.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21432 on: March 01, 2015, 10:38:34 am »

What are Millwall Bricks?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21433 on: March 01, 2015, 11:21:58 am »

We need some way to take helmets off hardsuits, and to make them not deploy the helmet when you put it on.

As for why, Simple: Suit cyclers dont affect the helmet when its on a suit, and its annoying to have instant helmet closing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21434 on: March 01, 2015, 11:37:02 am »

What are Millwall Bricks?
Step 1: Roll up newspaper tightly
Step 2: Fold in half
Step 3: Hit things with the fold end

Popular with football hooligans.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 1654