Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117709 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10800 on: October 16, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »

I installed BYOND, I keep trying to join a server but as soon as I click continue in the join server area it just does nothing.
Crack-a-lack-a

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: October 16, 2013, 08:15:53 pm »

Yeah, that's shitty. If someone is incompetently trying to kill me and sec/Cap/HoP aren't doing anything about it (or, just as likely, there is no Captain, HoP, or sec), I'll just kill them back and borg them. Because no offense, but if you fuck up an assassination in a way that makes it obvious you were trying to kill someone, and there's no sec to deal with you, you've got it coming. That's what the self-defense clause is there for.

But as mentioned above, either kill->borg them, get them demoted and confiscate dangerous stuff (if there's anyone with ID console access--in which case, why the fuck aren't they arresting them?), or kill them. Keeping someone welding in a locker/cuffed to a chair/sealed in a room/permasedated is really dickish. Not least because it tends to lead to them leaving, which is usually when people lelvalid kill them for "deserving it for being a sore loser". Maybe, if you're actually competent with stuffs, secure them, then implant them with a chloral injector and tell someone you trust the code and frequency.

But like I said, if someone is trying to kill me, especially if there's been escalation and back-and-forth, I won't hesitate to kill if I think they're a threat to me and Sec is missing/incompetent. If they're being interesting (read: supervillainish) I might play along, but if they're just trying to gank me and suck at it, screw them. People who ahelp because they're shitty antags and get killed by someone they failed to kill are obnoxious. Especially when you consider how damn easy it is to kill someone that doesn't suspect you yet if you're just trying for a clean kill, rather than an entertaining one. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: October 16, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »

Yeah, that's shitty. If someone is incompetently trying to kill me and sec/Cap/HoP aren't doing anything about it (or, just as likely, there is no Captain, HoP, or sec), I'll just kill them back and borg them. Because no offense, but if you fuck up an assassination in a way that makes it obvious you were trying to kill someone, and there's no sec to deal with you, you've got it coming. That's what the self-defense clause is there for.

But as mentioned above, either kill->borg them, get them demoted and confiscate dangerous stuff (if there's anyone with ID console access--in which case, why the fuck aren't they arresting them?), or kill them. Keeping someone welding in a locker/cuffed to a chair/sealed in a room/permasedated is really dickish. Not least because it tends to lead to them leaving, which is usually when people lelvalid kill them for "deserving it for being a sore loser". Maybe, if you're actually competent with stuffs, secure them, then implant them with a chloral injector and tell someone you trust the code and frequency.

But like I said, if someone is trying to kill me, especially if there's been escalation and back-and-forth, I won't hesitate to kill if I think they're a threat to me and Sec is missing/incompetent. If they're being interesting (read: supervillainish) I might play along, but if they're just trying to gank me and suck at it, screw them. People who ahelp because they're shitty antags and get killed by someone they failed to kill are obnoxious. Especially when you consider how damn easy it is to kill someone that doesn't suspect you yet if you're just trying for a clean kill, rather than an entertaining one. :|

I once shot Axl to death in front of like four people in the middle of the bar, then dragged her into the path of the singuloth I released while they chased me. It's REALLY, REALLY easy to kill someone that has no idea you want them dead.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: October 17, 2013, 12:50:03 am »

So here is the problem I had with the round we had. Giving the basics of what I remember to straight to the point.

I joined as a chemist and when to my lab. So the CMO, Booker, comes in, hovers near by shoulder for a bit, then walks to the south end when Anna Hooker and Mr. Honkington come in. Anna wanted Kelotane, I believe, and the clown followed her when she opened the door and walked in. Booker ended up shooting the clown with a syringe. I ignored this at first as I made Kelotane. He shoots the clown again when the clown starts yelling at him. Clown falls down and dies.

So the three of us just kinda of look over at him. Anna makes a comment that he will likely not be dead for long. When the clown gets back up. Booker shoots the clown. Then Anna. I am a traitor and I have not done any traitor activities yet I make a comment that she is gorgeous, gorgeous being one the code phrases. He just makes some remark that she was and hauls the clown out. So Hector Petridis(I believe the HoS in this round) arrives to investigate and they blame each other. Thinking that Booker might be another traitor I just say "clown". So the clown gets hauled away. Once we are both in the chemist lab, Booker asks if he can give me a shot of "Tric". I said no. He tries to get closer to me, but I keep stepping away. He then shoots me with the syringe gun, I run out of the door, but then I collapse. I then shout just his name over the radio.

So essentially I died from the syringe, get stuffed into a locker, and observe the rest of the round. So in dead speak Anna lets me know that Hector came back to investigate my call over the radio. Booker shoots Hector, who stumbles out of my view (I see him later in med bay, still alive.) Then tries to take out Clint who is attempting to arrest him, with a syringe gun. He gets put in jail, shuttle is called, and at the end is revealed to not have been a traitor.

The fact that he caused that much trouble without being a traitor and killed/attempted to kill so many people is why I have a problem with this. I would have been fine if he was a traitor and I just got killed because I was a witness or whatever to something he did while traitor, but the fact that he was not a traitor and did all that is why I was annoyed about that. Specially since my death happened within the first 5-10 minutes of joining, I literally mixed only two things in the chem dispenser and that was as this started to go down.

Just seems like it hit upon server rule 3 as I could not see why he was doing that. Granted the round ran for about an hour before I joined, but still, it just seemed very random to me. Specially since that while I was a late-join traitor, I actually have not done anything yet. I never even saw my target till awhile after I was dead and decided to track him

-Edit-

Ugg. That's just my grievance here. I am fine when killed by a traitor or an accident, but when someone who is not either just seems to kill me for no reason does it, it annoys the hell out of me. He might have had a better reason then I give him credit for, but at that point all I had done was run to the chem lab, talk to hector, then the events of the first paragraph take place. Its not like it should have been a slow round, I believe there were a total of five traitors and a changeling around.

Just getting offed by someone who was not an antag, when there are so many, for a reason I cannot identify is so very annoying.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:05:15 am by deoloth »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:35 am »

Thanks all - useful advice!  I noticed that I'd been neglecting to fully fill the plasma tanks (I was always playing as station engineer with no chief engineer in sight to open up secure storage for me), which probably accounted for a lot of the issues I was causing encountering!  :P

I just had my first introduction to the joys (?) of the welder round.  *shudders*
The secure storage button doesn't need CE access, just engineering access, IIRC. So you can just hack into his office.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: October 17, 2013, 01:05:53 am »

-snippy-

I am almost 100% certain every one of the syringes were lexorin, as the one shot Hector got hit with put him into crit very quickly from oxyloss and you went down almost as fast. 

From the dead, I can say that pretty much everything Deoloth said is correct, as well as Hector getting nailed, the detective almost getting nailed, clown getting nailed many times. I couldn't see any IC reason to kill the HoS or a geneticist. I'm fairly certain the CMO was not antag, but since the player refused to say who they were, I couldn't match any roundend antags to make sure.

So yeah.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:08:10 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:42 am »

I think he mentioned who he was, and so I mentioned who I thought he was with an admin help in the next round. Just wanted to clarify a bit better and not spam the heck out of it. I also did mention that I only thought it was this person. I did that simply because at the round end/start of the next round he was very defensive about it and told me that the CMO 'never killed that many people'.

Honesty, from liberty I saw a lot of people obscure facts about what they did in the end of the round or go straight to, "I didn't do that". I swear that sometimes I wish I just used fraps or something.

-
I know that at the start of the next round someone told me to name the people I was accusing the CMO of killing, and it was the guy who I believed was the CMO.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:23:24 am by deoloth »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: October 17, 2013, 01:42:49 am »

Gamemode idea: like traitor w/ assassination, except the victim is told the identity of the traitor tasked with killing him.  He has no tangible evidence of it, though. So, the round may end up as kill-or-be-killed, as a game of cat and mouse, or be a persuasiathon, with both sides trying to get the crew on their side.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

lamejerk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: October 17, 2013, 03:54:40 am »

i played as a mouse and was murdered 3 times and pushed to suicide once 0/10

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: October 17, 2013, 04:08:29 am »

-snippy-
I can confirm all of this, except the CMO was named Brooklynn Basinger.

As for my side of the story, at about midround the security officer Harmbaton screamed over the radio about the CMO poisoning him, shortly after detective Clint over the security radio said as soon as he got to medbay he felt a tiny prick and could barely breathe, but had no idea who drugged him.
Clint brought the CMO to the brig, where we interrogated her (and technically officer Harmbaton should have been there as well, but he was missing, probably already murdered since he happened to be the target of the traitor captain Kert). I had to release her for the lack of conclusive evidence, even though from a meta standpoint the tiny prick could have come only from a hypospray loaded with lexorin.

After about ten minutes or so Kert screams for help in medbay, claiming to be dazed. As I ran there, found him in the medbay lobby without his ID, being analyzed by chemist Talon, Anna critical gasping inside chemistry (who died shortly after) and the CMO nearby trying to flash and choke Mister Honkington, accusing each other of murder.
I asked Honkington to follow me to security to tell me his side of the story, simply because of the two he was the one not at his workplace. He obliged and told me how Basinger shot Anna twice.

At that point, Talon screamed the name of the CMO over the radio.
I ran back to medbay, called Clint over for backup. Jordan and Alden were hanging there in the lobby. We entered medbay main doors to investigate, just as Clint left and I was about to ask why Anna wasn't being cloned the CMO shot me a syringe. I ran after her with my stun prod since I don't think with guns, and she hit me with a second syringe, so I retreated to medbay lobby and told in time over the security radio to arrest her before passing out.

Alden saved me with CPR. Clint captured the CMO and brought her to the interrogation room. I cloned Anna and called the shuttle.
Back to security, searched and interrogated the CMO once again. We sat for a solid five minutes during which she refused to answer any question. Dressed her in an orange jumpsuit and brought her to the shuttle brig.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: October 17, 2013, 04:21:20 am »

Ah, yeah that name is correct.

Glad someone has much better memory then me. I tried to verify it by looking for a chat log or something in the byond folder, but could not find anything.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: October 17, 2013, 09:00:06 am »

Gamemode idea: like traitor w/ assassination, except the victim is told the identity of the traitor tasked with killing him.  He has no tangible evidence of it, though. So, the round may end up as kill-or-be-killed, as a game of cat and mouse, or be a persuasiathon, with both sides trying to get the crew on their side.
Even with our restrictions, so much meta. Meta everywhere. What'd be better is a The Ship style round, where everyone but sec is a traitor with an assassination target on someone else. It'd require adminfuckery to start, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: October 17, 2013, 09:00:22 am »

Well, it's a shame there's nothing like a feature that stops people from playing head roles in their first week >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: October 17, 2013, 09:18:38 am »

Can someone explain, in PM, why Goon is apparently Griefer Central?

I just want to know why this stereotype is there.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: October 17, 2013, 09:39:27 am »

Can someone explain, in PM, why Goon is apparently Griefer Central?

I just want to know why this stereotype is there.

Goon has/had far less limitations on harming other people than BS12, us and even /tg/, so people from the latter coming to the former were under the impression that they were being griefed, when what happened was acceptable on Goon.

Plus, the infamous bodily excretions period Goon had.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 1654