Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168102 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16-Beta2, 5th March 2013)
« Reply #480 on: March 18, 2013, 09:37:15 pm »

You can hire people with spoiled meats? Oh man, as soon as I get that bear I dine on long pork for weeks.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 18, 2013, 09:48:08 pm »

You can use spoiled fishes too.
And when you have several nets, and do not smoke anything, you're going to have a very lot of spoiled fishes in your stockpile.

Perfect to hire your own little war party.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 18, 2013, 10:37:43 pm »

Do villagers replenish, or do I have to stock up for the hike if I run out?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2013, 02:07:44 am »

damn guys, what a bunch of cheaters. how can you even enjoy the game playing like that? sorry, i'm not usually one to judge how others play their games, but after pages upon pages of you guys discussing the same exploits over and over again its getting rather boring

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2013, 08:00:48 am »

well in the iron age we all know there was some cannibals. ;)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2013, 08:03:43 am »

People aim for short term goals: Food and hunger now, mercantilism with your own food for later. :/

Barter trade system. You can amass a fortune given the "From this clip, I trade a stapler. From this stapler, I trade a box..." type of ideology.

This also ends badly D:

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2013, 08:06:25 am »

I think he's more referring to the fact that you can vomit up everything you eat without it dropping your nutrition at all, and that you can hire people with rotten food.

So you can just eat a bunch of rotten meat, throw it all up, and then fill your stomach with water and be perfectly healthy.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2013, 10:48:05 am »

Yeah, personally not fond of using exploits at all. Especially in a game about survival.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:53 am »

The problem with that line of thought is that playing the LEGIT way, you usually CAN'T fit in your stomach enough food to get your nutrition up, at least with most fish and nearly all vegetables. I would consider it a bug.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2013, 11:20:14 am »

The problem with that line of thought is that playing the LEGIT way, you usually CAN'T fit in your stomach enough food to get your nutrition up, at least with most fish and nearly all vegetables. I would consider it a bug.

Fish and meat have always been able to get me back from starvation without any problems. Although vegetables aren't too good at it, it's true.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2013, 11:21:30 am »

It's because they don't contain enough proteins.

The only vegetable that can get your nutrition high enough are broad beans.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2013, 11:23:21 am »

Beyond basic survival, there's really not that much to do in URW currently. People will exploit bugs and loopholes to accomplish things that would otherwise take too long, or be impossible to do without.

There's only so many times you can enjoy starting a new character and spending 2 in-game months on the edge of starvation and not being able to do anything but fish all day. It's a game, and a singleplayer one at that: let people have their fun. People can discuss anything they want about the game in this topic, and if they want to discuss exploits, they're free to.

Out of 30+ pages so far, not many are devoted to this issue, only the last few. If it bothers you, don't bring it up- the nature of forum discussions means that we'll soon have moved on and be talking about something entirely different in a few pages from now.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »

From what I can see, there are two things that need/should be done.

A: Make building buildings a two step process. I can be at best nutrition, no hunger or thirst, and start to make a wall, and hit malnourished before I am done. First step, carve and organize logs. 2nd step, place them. There is no reason a man should spend 5 hours working on a wall, stop for lunch, and come back to nothing.

B: The ability to make certain items, like nets and punts. They SHOULD be very high skill reqs, but it should also be possible to weave a net from a handful of ropes.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:14 pm »

A: Make building buildings a two step process. I can be at best nutrition, no hunger or thirst, and start to make a wall, and hit malnourished before I am done. First step, carve and organize logs. 2nd step, place them. There is no reason a man should spend 5 hours working on a wall, stop for lunch, and come back to nothing.
It's planned, but it needs a bit to work, as you'll need to put a percentage for everything (tree cut done at 58%, wall built at 33%, etc)

B: The ability to make certain items, like nets and punts. They SHOULD be very high skill reqs, but it should also be possible to weave a net from a handful of ropes.
You can make rafts, which are heavier punts.
Else, there is tons of mods to be able to make nets, punts, etc. The only issu is that you can't fix a minimum skill required (but you can put a malus for skill, which means you'll probably have bad quality items if you don't have very high skill).

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 19, 2013, 04:15:47 pm »

Make the wall building similar to tanning, with multiple steps involved. It's really just about the only task that takes so long you can easily start starving in it even when not hungry at all.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76