Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168129 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2013, 03:04:26 pm »

Yes. I feel like the game needs to emphasiaze foraging a bit more. Humanity was never a good hunter, we were scavengers.
Too bad there isn't anything to scavenge until summer and / or autumn.
But the reality is you can find food all year round, not sure about winter though, but still.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2013, 03:16:05 pm »

Well if it's foraging you want, it's a simple matter of modding the game's flora files to add plants/objects that become harvestable in seasons other than summer and autumn.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

Yeah, I do wish the game emphasized the gathering part of things a lot more than big-game hunting, as it's what most early humans did, but I suppose that's forgetting that it's hunting and gathering: Finland edition, and reindeer herds were always the big thing.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »

Well, It's supposed to be during the iron age so I assume there would be agriculture and animal husbandry present. Couldn't find any mention about it with a quick search though.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »

Also, I have 80% stealth skill with only 4-6 encumbrance. Is it normal to startle everything 5 tiles or further away?
Are you a Kaumo ? Size is quite important for sneaking now, so if you want to be a good hunter, it's better to be a northerner.

Also, anyone knows if you can train swimming from 0% without dieing ?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2013, 04:13:16 pm »

Ah... That could be the problem. Got a rather large character and i only thought of the attributes when i made my guy.
Would getting into the water and then out again work or do you drown immediately?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2013, 04:40:56 pm »

Doing a game course should allow you to get 5% for each time you finish it.

Swimming safety seems to change massively between changes, several versions you'd drown in 3 turns and later you could swim several map tiles with 0% and still not drown. No idea what it is now.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2013, 05:58:13 pm »

At some point while trying to find some animal track that i never found, i ran into some village.
So i looked for people to come with me to help, and asked the 1st guy i saw, a child.

It made me laugh :D

Then once in the village i asked a man in his house to come with me , and to my surprise he accepted (maybe being of the same culture helps a lot as i'm in the Islanders region, being an Islander myself).
But he asked me for weapon and food.
I had several weapons, so i gave him, and had several roasted fishes (being a fisherman) that i gave him all.

But he kept asking for even more food as if i was the fish delivery service guy that could spawn them out of mid air.

So i'm out of items, as i don't find any option to take back everything i just gave to this ungrateful bastard, and being in a village punching him in the face to get back my stuff would be rather suicidal i guess.

I'm then wondering, is there a way to take back everything (not much of a problem for the food, there's water nearby) or is it possible for me to go fish for more after saying goodbye, then come back to him and continue to give him food ?
Or will it reset his demands and i will have to give again more weapons etc... ?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:59:56 pm by Robsoie »

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »

How do you make cord for a stone axe?
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2013, 08:07:33 pm »

Shift+m, Utility, cord, select clothing.

Top of the page.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

Well, It's supposed to be during the iron age so I assume there would be agriculture and animal husbandry present. Couldn't find any mention about it with a quick search though.
There is agriculture (there's a skill for that, and it's in explained in the tutorial). You also can buy animals from villages, and milk some of them (or kill them for meat).
Important : When you buy an animal, you will get a leather rope. You need to attach the animal (I think it's with the 'e' menu) to it for it to follow you. Else, the animal will probably run away.

How do you make cord for a stone axe?
Shift + m (Make), utility, cord, and then you select one of your clothes (or a fur if you got one). You will tear apart a part of your clothe to make a cord, so its durability will decrease.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2013, 08:16:48 pm »

Do certain animals not give skins? I managed to kill a squirrel once by hitting it in the face with a javelin and then cutting it's throat, but butchering it just gave me 1 piece of meat and 1 piece of fat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »

At some point while trying to find some animal track that i never found, i ran into some village.
So i looked for people to come with me to help, and asked the 1st guy i saw, a child.

It made me laugh :D

Then once in the village i asked a man in his house to come with me , and to my surprise he accepted (maybe being of the same culture helps a lot as i'm in the Islanders region, being an Islander myself).
But he asked me for weapon and food.
I had several weapons, so i gave him, and had several roasted fishes (being a fisherman) that i gave him all.

But he kept asking for even more food as if i was the fish delivery service guy that could spawn them out of mid air.

So i'm out of items, as i don't find any option to take back everything i just gave to this ungrateful bastard, and being in a village punching him in the face to get back my stuff would be rather suicidal i guess.

I'm then wondering, is there a way to take back everything (not much of a problem for the food, there's water nearby) or is it possible for me to go fish for more after saying goodbye, then come back to him and continue to give him food ?
Or will it reset his demands and i will have to give again more weapons etc... ?
Continue giving him food until he is happy to come with you. Take him somewhere far away and chop his head off with an axe when he's not looking and take all his stuff along with the food you gave him
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:21:13 pm by Frank2368 »

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2013, 08:20:27 pm »

Do certain animals not give skins? I managed to kill a squirrel once by hitting it in the face with a javelin and then cutting it's throat, but butchering it just gave me 1 piece of meat and 1 piece of fat.
You have to skin it first, Alt+H beside a carcass and select Skin Animal

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2013, 08:21:12 pm »

There is agriculture (there's a skill for that, and it's in explained in the tutorial). You also can buy animals from villages, and milk some of them (or kill them for meat).
I was just speculating about the setting and if hunting was as big part of the diet as it seem to be in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76