Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Can I fix my noble necromancer?  (Read 4455 times)

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I fix my noble necromancer?
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

So the queen arrived, and with her came the necromancer king consort. He's welcome to come in, so long as he avoids the refuse pile, but my citizens are treating him as an enemy, "Urist cancels Do Something, interrupted by king consort necromancer" and vice versa.

I've got him burrowed in a meeting hall on the surface, a bit away from my entrance. I plan to use a burrow or lever to stash him in some out of the way place inside. I've got my haulers working to clear out any body parts he might see on the way in. I'm wondering if there's any way I can use dfhack or such to fix him.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Can I fix my noble necromancer?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:26:00 pm »

try to cage him. 
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Lopezruy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »

try to cage him.
...Then pop him into your queen's room. Near the bed, naturally.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:54:46 pm »

Drop him one Z-level onto a cage trap. He should be stunned and captured. Keep in mind you need to feed caged citizens (I don't know about caged citizen necromancers).
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 06:07:06 am »

Maybe the DF Hack comand Tweak makeown
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:50:59 am »

Drop him one Z-level onto a cage trap. He should be stunned and captured. Keep in mind you need to feed caged citizens (I don't know about caged citizen necromancers).

Necromancers don't eat.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »

He should really be part of the civ, friendly, and any zombies he raises should be friendly too.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:15 pm »

He should really be part of the civ, friendly, and any zombies he raises should be friendly too.

I would suggest testing this first. Friendly zombies would be cool, but they'd most likely spam job cancellations like the necromancer.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 01:36:40 pm »

I think Zombies are [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] and hostile to anything with a pulse.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:06 pm »

I say, give the good king a dungeon. Have any invaders? Give them an audience with the king. Other nobles? Let's see what the king has to say about them asking for those coffers they've been wanting.

In time, they'll learn to agree with the King and his many subjects.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 07:33:09 pm »

You could also use him to set up a training facility, or an undead moshpit to drop any annoying goblins or elves into.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:45 pm »

Why would you fix this? this is great!

I say capture him alive, transport him to his own quaters away from your civ, who wants to kill him, and watch the dead rise for miitary target practice.
I wonder if he can still issue insane requests?

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 08:39:54 pm »

I've already got two caged necromancers for military training, one in use and one in storage. To make things better, this king consort is apparently a walking loyalty cascade. I think it is that he is also a member of "The Brown Guilds", which I guess is a necromancer society...

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 09:02:20 pm »

this king consort is apparently a walking loyalty cascade.

sounds !!fun!!, Could probably do some royalty necromancer science, hopefully before the fort tears appart the queen and all the nobles for being traitors

actually on second thoughts that sounds amazingly appealing

are we gonna see the save at any point so we can mess around with him? It's okay if he's still in the Necrobunker outside the fort currently

Trev_lite

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes the forum for its helpful members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 10:37:05 pm »

do you know why he is considered hostile by your dwarfs. i know that necromancers are not aggressive. can you control him like your dwarfs.
i have heard of necromancer kings/queens. do they scare the citizens too? also does the king consort scare his queen?
Pages: [1] 2 3