Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Space Station 13  (Read 13788 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:20 am »

I guess in that context medium RP means roleplaying a station personnel member who also happens to have the mindset of a Dwarf Fortress player (!!FUN!! to be had, stuff like that, except sane), unlike BS12 where you have to have the mindset of an average desk jockey, or Goon, where the usual mindset is that of a slightly lunatic person.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:28 am »

Medium roleplaying also means that you're not expected to be serious or completely logical once the station is in complete chaos, but excessive silliness prior to anything happening, and intentionally causing shit without rp reasons are both frowned upon. If someone badly mistreats you and you happen to be vengeful, you're perfectly in line to seek some kind of revenge, hopefully with some drawn out scheme rather than toolboxing them to death... but not allowed to go insane and start murdering everyone.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:07 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:06:22 pm by Toady One »
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2013, 12:06:50 pm »

Not really. Apparantly discussing that server caused every thread lock ever. So we are advoiding it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2013, 12:09:08 pm »

I was banned from BS12 a while ago for stealing the ID of a crewmember who'd been offline for at least 15 minutes. Permanently, no warning, reason given was simply "griefing". While it's true that it's not especially in character for me to just take a fellow crew member's ID, it didn't hurt him considering he wasn't even playing the game and it wasn't causing any trouble at all. That doesn't feel welcoming.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »

-snip-

the septic tank has burst

niro, please snip your post. these things happen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:39 pm »

Not really. Apparantly discussing that server caused every thread lock ever. So we are advoiding it.
Discussing any server was the problem last thread, because as soon as someone brought up BS12 people brought up ban stories. And ban stories from /tg/ and Goonstation were probably in older threads.

The point is, the servers are fine to talk about. We just need less people using them being brought up as an excuse to derail into ban complaints land and soon after locksville. This thread is not the all-purpose ss13 ban appeals or complaints thread unless it is specifically for the station linked to in the OP of this topic and you can't be bothered to PM the admins instead.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:15:10 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2013, 12:19:09 pm »

So we can't really discuss bad admins?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2013, 12:33:17 pm »

No. It's better that way. It's not a septic tank, it's a napalm tank, you don't want to set the flames free.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2013, 12:36:13 pm »

You know, we could always go grab a myfreeforums or something to store said napalm tank in.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2013, 12:46:16 pm »

[2 replies while posting]

If you start discussing bad admins, and then someone else argues against your reasoning of why they are bad admins, and that discussion continues to grow until it is the only thing discussed for 50+ consecutive posts, all the while most of the participants are making no effort to be civil, and insults are being thrown in every direction like the remains of a goblin army that just dropped 50 z-levels onto a rough granite floor? Obviously not.

If the discussions stay short and polite? I don't know, but it's more likely how the discussions proceed rather than the specific subject they relate to that would be the problem. Probably safer to avoid potentially problematic topics, though, unless you are certain that everyone who might reply is mature enough to keep it from spiraling out of control (a very hard thing to avoid on a public internet forum).

Hopefully, I'm just stating the obvious, but it's likely that exactly the people who don't think it's all that obvious are the ones who might accidentally, or even intentionally, start the sort of conflict that would likely lead to this thread being locked just like all the others before it.
Eh?
Eh!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »

OBVIOUS DE-BADRAIL ATTEMPT:

You know what's fun? Messing around as Chemist, trying to chug some Space Drugs from a cup, only to unwittingly confuse the recipes and end up drinking Impedrezene.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2013, 12:51:08 pm »

Web went derp, ended up doubleposting.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »

Yo.

Just popping in to mention that you can actually say the words Baystation 12 without causing a spontaneous explosion of shit.
We're not unwelcoming, and anyone who wants to check us out is obviously free to do so. Seems like you've got a thing sorted out now, so please don't take this as me attempting to poach players or whatever.

I don't want to cause an argument by saying this, but I doubt that a player would last a moment in your server without being banned.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2013, 12:54:04 pm »

Yo.

Just popping in to mention that you can actually say the words Baystation 12 without causing a spontaneous explosion of shit.
We're not unwelcoming, and anyone who wants to check us out is obviously free to do so. Seems like you've got a thing sorted out now, so please don't take this as me attempting to poach players or whatever.

I don't want to cause an argument by saying this, but I doubt that a player would last a moment in your server without being banned.

Guys, the napalm tank has a crack in it, stop holding matches to it to see how it looks like.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13