Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Headhunter  (Read 2733 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Headhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »

Unfortunately, caves are kind of boring, which is why I don't usually embark over them.

Yes, they have a night creature, but there isn't any AI coding for the night creature recognizing that a bunch of dwarves just moved in and there went the neighborhood.

In fact, you can, humorously enough, just lock their own front door and they won't even be able to see all the dwarves running around outside, and they don't have the coding yet to start rampaging or anything.

There's a thread around from a year or two ago, though, where someone made up an entrance to their fort where, once the drawbridge was raised, the only way into their fort was via knocking down the door to the night creature, and hence pathing a small portion of the sieges into the cavern creatures herded up into that area and the night creature.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Headhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:25 am »

Unfortunately, caves are kind of boring, which is why I don't usually embark over them.

Yes, they have a night creature, but there isn't any AI coding for the night creature recognizing that a bunch of dwarves just moved in and there went the neighborhood.

In fact, you can, humorously enough, just lock their own front door and they won't even be able to see all the dwarves running around outside, and they don't have the coding yet to start rampaging or anything.

There's a thread around from a year or two ago, though, where someone made up an entrance to their fort where, once the drawbridge was raised, the only way into their fort was via knocking down the door to the night creature, and hence pathing a small portion of the sieges into the cavern creatures herded up into that area and the night creature.

For some reason this whole post makes me want to mod in Gargamel as a night creature and smurfs as a playable race.  Probably not enough sleep.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.
Pages: 1 [2]