Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 993091 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2700 on: July 30, 2016, 01:31:49 pm »

I don't think I've ever actually posted here.  I can live without LNP options, without DFHack's 'clean all' and 'dig vein'.  Heck, I'm even starting to learn how to read the matrix.  The one utility I simply can't run a serious Fortress without however, is Dwarf Therapist.  Managing the labor of more than 30 Dwarves tops is impossible.  So props to everyone who keeps that tool going :)  I am eagerly awaiting 64-bit.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: July 30, 2016, 10:20:16 pm »

I don't think I've ever actually posted here.  I can live without LNP options, without DFHack's 'clean all' and 'dig vein'.  Heck, I'm even starting to learn how to read the matrix.  The one utility I simply can't run a serious Fortress without however, is Dwarf Therapist.  Managing the labor of more than 30 Dwarves tops is impossible.  So props to everyone who keeps that tool going :)  I am eagerly awaiting 64-bit.
30? Wow... I barely do the starting 7. >_<

And then there's the fact that I can't selectively breed the fattest/strongest/etc animals without DF's help.

Heck...I can't even tell the animals that will breed from those who won't without DF!

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: July 30, 2016, 10:40:11 pm »

And then there's the fact that I can't selectively breed the fattest/strongest/etc animals without DF's help.

Heck...I can't even tell the animals that will breed from those who won't without DF!

I think you mean DT since, and I'm only guessing here, you need DFs help to do anything involving DF because Toady could just release a version of Dwarf Fortress with no UI and then you are left with yelling at the screen and hoping your dwarves don't starve to death.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: July 30, 2016, 10:49:09 pm »

Next year DF is being ported to Google Glass and this will become a reality

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 30, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »

I think you mean DT since, and I'm only guessing here, you need DFs help to do anything involving DF because Toady could just release a version of Dwarf Fortress with no UI and then you are left with yelling at the screen and hoping your dwarves don't starve to death.
:-[
Yup.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 01, 2016, 07:06:43 pm »

Meh, this is how I normally play anyways, wouldn't be that much of a change.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 10, 2016, 10:18:45 pm »

I'm still  running a 40..19 fort with Therapist 30.0, and I've ran into a problem with it.
If I try to sort by migrant wave it stops at year 1098, but the current year is 1108!
All births/ migrants are shown the list just ends at 1098.
I may not be receiving migrants, but I know I've had many births between 1098-1108.
Is this a known issue with ver. 30.0?
Could it be the sheer number of dwarfs I have?

If anyone can give some insight on this I'd truly appreciate it.

Goatmaan.

P.s. Anvillocked could not exist without Dwarf Therapist, and I will praise it at every opportunity!!
Many, many thanks to its creators/contributers!!
Think you can manage 800+ dwarfs without it? I KNOW you can't.    :P
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2707 on: August 11, 2016, 07:35:30 am »

I'm still  running a 40..19 fort with Therapist 30.0, and I've ran into a problem with it.
If I try to sort by migrant wave it stops at year 1098, but the current year is 1108!
All births/ migrants are shown the list just ends at 1098.
I may not be receiving migrants, but I know I've had many births between 1098-1108.
Is this a known issue with ver. 30.0?
Could it be the sheer number of dwarfs I have?

If anyone can give some insight on this I'd truly appreciate it.

Goatmaan.

P.s. Anvillocked could not exist without Dwarf Therapist, and I will praise it at every opportunity!!
Many, many thanks to its creators/contributers!!
Think you can manage 800+ dwarfs without it? I KNOW you can't.    :P

Are babies/children being displayed in DT as well? If you upload the save I'll take a look.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 11, 2016, 01:16:57 pm »

Has something changed recently about how DT lists syndromes on units?  There are syndromes in my mod that used to show up as buffs in the dwarf info, but now don't show up at all despite still having their normal effects in the game.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:35 pm »

When I sort by migration wave arrivals and births go normally until year 1098 then just stops.
Hmnn.... 1073 to 1098.....25 years, I'm betting there's a limit.
Sadly if I group by nothing, I have no way to count the 792 adults I'm supposed to have.
No, I'm NOT gonna count by hand.  >:(
Oh well, Anvillocked will struggle on.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

Kat1e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 12, 2016, 12:06:35 am »

Hi. DF noob here so apologies if the answer already exists, but I can't locate it.

Am having trouble trying to use DT.

Am using win 10 64 bit, have installed latest versions of both DF & DT.

When I start up DT it seems to recognise if DF is running or not, as it gives me a pop-up message when DT isn't running.

When I click the 'connect to DF' button, it does nothing but say 'connected to unknown version! - DT version 37.0.0' in the bottom right corner.

If I try the 'read dwarves' button the DT application gives a 'DwarfTherapist.exe has stopped working' windows error reporting message and closes down.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of working out what I'm doing wrong?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 12, 2016, 12:22:30 am »

Dwarf Therapist has not yet been updated for Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05. Dwarf Therapist currently will work with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03 assuming you have installed the Dwarf Therapist memory map for v0.43.03.

Every time Dwarf Fortress updates, Dwarf Therapist has to update too. Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 uses a new compiler, so the memory maps are completely different. The DFHack team is having to redo almost everything, so it's taking longer than normal. Once they've got a development version DFHack working for Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05, then they can create new memory maps for Dwarf Therapist.

Kat1e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 12, 2016, 12:43:51 am »

Ok. Thanks for the info Jecowa.

I appreciate that the people working on the update probably aren't getting paid for it, but am just wondering if there might be an estimated time frame for when I should be checking back to see if an update has come through. A week/a month/longer?  :)

Can anyone give a rough estimate?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 12, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

Within this year is probably my guess.  :P

Frankly, no one knows, and I bet the guys working on this doesn't really know it either, since they don't have a deadline, so no timeframe either.
I can't for the love of Armok play DF without DT, so I'm stuck with the previous versions too. I try not to think too much about DF until DT is updated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:31:20 am by DoomOnion »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 12, 2016, 01:22:11 am »

Ok. Thanks for the info Jecowa.

I appreciate that the people working on the update probably aren't getting paid for it, but am just wondering if there might be an estimated time frame for when I should be checking back to see if an update has come through. A week/a month/longer?  :)

Can anyone give a rough estimate?

A couple days ago LordBaal guessed 2 months. Then Lethosor (DFHack and Dwarf Therapist developer) said he was hoping to have it finished in less than 2 months. It's really hard to guess this stuff, though. From the conversation it sounds like it's going to be a while and that a 2-month wait isn't out-of-the-question.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:33:54 am by jecowa »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 222