Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Beta: 5 weeks til release! Test 1 Starting!  (Read 8412 times)

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Beta: 5 weeks til release!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:26 pm »

Let's try this:

Name: Mr. 'Murica
Description: Extremely buff with too many scars to count
Bio: Some war boaster that really hates small people and punches every middle eastern and midget in sight.
Specialty: Charging enemy lines
Suggested Class: Brick wall

Name: Brick wall
Fluff: The military realized that regular soldiers died too easily so they developed steroid pumped super soldiers. Although Mr. 'Murica was just born that buff, so all the better.
Role: Tank, Pressing attack
Default Gear:
-Primary Armament: Repeating Grenade rifle: Grenades explode on impact, small clip.
-Sidearm: Oversized SMG: Very inaccurate, but shoots huge high damage shots.
-Gear: Remote device: Calls in an airstrike
-Melee Weapon: Dual Tomahawks

Hopefully this is a good balance between not so boring that the character is uninteresting and not completely insane.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:10:33 pm by stefmor90 »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 11:12:59 pm »

Reserved

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:23 pm »

Let's try this:

Name: Mr. 'Murica
Description: Extremely buff with too many scars to count
Bio: Some war boaster that really hates small people and punches every middle eastern and midget in sight.
Specialty: Charging enemy lines
Suggested Class: Brick wall

Name: Brick wall
Fluff: The military realized that regular soldiers died too easily so they developed steroid pumped super soldiers. Although Mr. 'Murica was just born that buff, so all the better.
Role: Tank, Pressing attack
Default Gear:
-Primary Armament: Repeating Grenade rifle: Grenades explode on impact, small clip.
-Sidearm: Oversized SMG: Very inaccurate, but shoots huge high damage shots.
-Gear: Remote device: Calls in an airstrike
-Melee Weapon: Dual Tomahawks

Hopefully this is a good balance between not so boring that the character is uninteresting and not completely insane.
Much better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 03:14:43 am »

Name: Joseph Dodds
Description: Joseph, or Joe as he insists everyone calls him, is a self proclaimed 'Master Gamer.' He has played every game, every spin-off, heck, every interactive adventure there is. As a result he knows all the tricks, all the tips, and all the tactics.
Bio: Joseph always liked video games. Ever since he was a kid, he would save up his pocket money to get that new game, or that new console that was just released. All attempts to get him off gaming failed, and he'd spend all his free time locked away in his room, just trying to complete this last campaign. Not after long, he started contemplating working professionally as a gamer, so when Spigot announced that they needed beta-testers, he signed up straight away.
Specialty: Tactics, strategy.
Suggested Class:
Name: Sir Percival Widget
Fluff: A knight renowned for his strength and military prowess, Percy was sent to war for the glory of his Majesty. And for the money and fame that would be gained from his service.
Role: A slow but heavy hitter, suited for melee. His ranged weapons are not that powerful, but if you get within melee range of him, you're definitely gonna have some bruises in the morning.
Default Gear:
-Primary Armament: Longbow. Isn't very powerful, but has decent range.
-Sidearm: Mini-crossbow. This crossbow is more for closer ranges. Is slightly more powerful than the longbow, but has much less range.
-Gear: A trumpet, mainly used for inspiring other players in battle. He is completely defenceless while he uses it though.
-Melee Weapon: The Sword of Fargot, an incredibly powerful sword that packs a massive punch.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:33:46 am by borno »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:04 am »

Spoiler: character application (click to show/hide)
Name: fleshwelder
Fluff: A tiny guy with a thing for cutting and burning flesh
Role: Heals.
Weak defence and low health
Small target and fast
Special ability: Experimentation (boost one roll by lowering another)
Default Gear:
-Primary Armament: flamethrower
-Sidearm:
-Gear: modified spot welder. (Used for healing)
-Melee Weapon: meat cleaver
imma guess that needs to change. Can i get a hint on whats wrong with it?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 08:44:43 am »

My class is up
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:11 am »

Fuck, I just realized this is one big Valve and TF2 parody.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 06:20:23 pm »

Spoiler: character application (click to show/hide)
Name: fleshwelder
Fluff: A tiny guy with a thing for cutting and burning flesh
Role: Heals.
Weak defence and low health
Small target and fast
Special ability: Experimentation (boost one roll by lowering another)
Default Gear:
-Primary Armament: flamethrower
-Sidearm:
-Gear: modified spot welder. (Used for healing)
-Melee Weapon: meat cleaver
imma guess that needs to change. Can i get a hint on whats wrong with it?
You didn't mention having edited your post until now.
The application is fine.

Fuck, I just realized this is one big Valve and TF2 parody.
Well, TF2 is implied to be that hat simulator, but CSIII is not so much a parody as a similar game. Oh, and don't mention Valve in the Spigot offices--in this universe, Valve stole Spigot's thunder more than once.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43:42 pm »

Actually, I think I'm out. I'll still watch eagerly, though.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 06:45:17 pm »

Actually, I think I'm out. I'll still watch eagerly, though.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Anyways, we'll probably be starting soon. Just let me crunch some numbers and whatnot. Make any last-minute submissions for the first test soon.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

i take it the Burrower became the Miner?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »

i take it the Burrower became the Miner?
Yup.
The Miner has (land)mines and a pick, but limited tunneling abilities due to engine limitations and balance reasons. But not this update.

Anyways, I'm mostly working on the weapons and a few fun bugs...
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 11:21:16 pm »

Due in part to cross-checking numbers with...nothing in particular...and some real-life stuff, I have finally finished the equipment stuff. Bugs will be added shortly.

-----

You arrive at the office for the first major beta test of Cooperative Stronghold III. Previous ones have basically been a single player or two mucking about in the engine, but now...now you are finally playing the game.
It's not a terribly complete game yet. Pretty much only the default weapons for each class have been added, and only one mode is ready. Speaking of classes, only four are present so far--the Fleshwelder, the Gardener, the Knight, and the Super Soldier. There is only one game mode, Defense, where the Red Team tries to take some points within the Green Team's base.

Now then. There are eight playtesters--Archangel, "73 Plus," Marcus, Ned, James, John, Devon, and Joseph. That means four to a team.
Choose a TEAM and a CLASS. More than one member of a team can be a given class, but ideally all classes should be chosen by someone at some point in the round.
Also suggest a time limit for each turn--say, a turn is 10 seconds, 5 seconds, 15 seconds, whatever. This will be important, as many weapons have effects that do stuff by the second.

And a map? Um...lemme get back to you on that.

-----

Turn 0
Turn 1
Turn 2, Crash
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:14:02 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Beta: 5 weeks til release! Test 1 Starting!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 11:25:26 pm »

I'll be the Green Super Soldier.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Beta: 5 weeks til release! Test 1 Starting!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 11:31:29 pm »

Well then, I'll be the green gardener. It's got a nice ring to it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7