Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I am an Evil Genie!  (Read 3185 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
I am an Evil Genie!
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:40:34 am »

Ok, so I got an idea for a new type of forum game (unless someone thought of this already of course)

Basically, I am an Evil Genie. I am giving you one wish. Since I am !EVIL! I will mess up your wish. You don't want that. So basically, the objective is to make a wish I have to grant without screwing you.
If you win, then YOU become the Evil Genie for the next round. Also the wishes are first come first serve.

So, this sound like a good plan to anyone?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:25:35 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genie- Brainstorming
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:45:18 am »

Yes, it is.

Get me a banana, without pissing someone off
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:51:14 am by jaass »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:56 pm »

Give me a flawless life....
It is a good idea

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:34:46 pm »

Vanish yourself.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:22:23 pm »

Kill yourself. And stay dead.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:32:01 pm by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:06 pm »

We already had a game that was pretty much this, only without a set genie, you just fucked up the wish of the person above you. I'm not really sure if it just died or got locked for some reason, although I think likely it was locked for being just a content less spam thread, maybe not though.

And although it sorta sounds like a fun idea, it seemed to have a serious issue in that although at first it was all like. Clever misinterpretations of what the person said and interesting twisting of the wishes, it really really quickly devolved into just... Really stupid stuff.

Like in the first few pages someone one say "I wish for a million bucks" and the granting would be "A million buck deer appear." but it really quickly devolved into "I wish for a million bucks" "You get a million dollars but also you die lul."

So. Yeah. It really really quickly devolved (at least to me point of view I see that as a devolution.) into just a circle jerk of a few people saying "your wish works and also you die."

Which in retrospect is likely why it ended up locked if it did indeed end up locked.

So the point of all that is, you may want judges or more rules or something to avoid that.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »

We already had a game that was pretty much this, only without a set genie, you just fucked up the wish of the person above you. I'm not really sure if it just died or got locked for some reason, although I think likely it was locked for being just a content less spam thread, maybe not though.

And although it sorta sounds like a fun idea, it seemed to have a serious issue in that although at first it was all like. Clever misinterpretations of what the person said and interesting twisting of the wishes, it really really quickly devolved into just... Really stupid stuff.

Like in the first few pages someone one say "I wish for a million bucks" and the granting would be "A million buck deer appear." but it really quickly devolved into "I wish for a million bucks" "You get a million dollars but also you die lul."

So. Yeah. It really really quickly devolved (at least to me point of view I see that as a devolution.) into just a circle jerk of a few people saying "your wish works and also you die."

Which in retrospect is likely why it ended up locked if it did indeed end up locked.

So the point of all that is, you may want judges or more rules or something to avoid that.
It's actually still going.
I was just on it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 04:37:03 pm »

I wish for a kinder genie to grant my remaining wishes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »

Lol as I was searching for this I actually SAW the thread "Corrupt a Wish" Oops...

Ah well We'll still go through with this cuz its a bit of a variation.

On to the wishes!  ;D

Yes, it is.

Get me a banana, without pissing someone off

Ok then Mr. Jaass. You now have a banana. Located in your urethra. Good luck explaining THAT one to the doctor.

Give me a flawless life....
It is a good idea

You now have a life with no flaws. And BOY is it boring. Nothing interesting ever happens to you. Ever. In fact you couldn't even work up the nerve to commit suicide, because that would be too flawed.

Vanish yourself.

Funny thing. You ever hear about that guy whos parents named him "Yourself"? Me either.

Kill yourself. And stay dead.

Yeah this kinda fits in on the last one :P

I wish for a kinder genie to grant my remaining wishes.

A kinder genie appears! However, you have no remaining wishes. So it gives wishes to your archrival instead.

How am I doing so far?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:27:49 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: I am an Evil Genie!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:40:35 pm »

Well, since you are requesting for me to be awfully pedantic, lets go:

I wish for a bowl of minestroni soup. There are to be no extra ingrediants, flavours or others inside the bowl other than the requested. The soup is to be 70oC. The bowl is standard china, of good make, glazed and fired. It will appear on my desk in front of me, with no adverse affects to anything currently on my desk. The air particles currently in the space where the bowl of soup appears will be relocated so as to avoid collisions. In all respects it is an ordinary bowl of soup, and will have no negative affects on me when I ingest it.

I'm sure there's a loophole in there somewhere, have fun. Also, if you are unable to find one, please continue being the genie, I'm not on the forum enough to be one myself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »

Summon a kind genie to grant me three wishes, in the manner which a kind genie would rather than in the manner which you would.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:29:23 pm »

I wish for you to not do anything to this wish.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:12:45 am »

Well, since you are requesting for me to be awfully pedantic, lets go:

I wish for a bowl of minestroni soup. There are to be no extra ingrediants, flavours or others inside the bowl other than the requested. The soup is to be 70oC. The bowl is standard china, of good make, glazed and fired. It will appear on my desk in front of me, with no adverse affects to anything currently on my desk. The air particles currently in the space where the bowl of soup appears will be relocated so as to avoid collisions. In all respects it is an ordinary bowl of soup, and will have no negative affects on me when I ingest it.

I'm sure there's a loophole in there somewhere, have fun. Also, if you are unable to find one, please continue being the genie, I'm not on the forum enough to be one myself.

You recieve your bowl of minestroni soup. On your desk. Exactly as you asked.
You recieve it in X years, just before you die of old age :P

Summon a kind genie to grant me three wishes, in the manner which a kind genie would rather than in the manner which you would.

You recieve a kind genie. He trys and trys to grant your wishes in his kindly manner, but cannot, as he has no actual powers.
You now have a new mouth to feed.

I wish for you to not do anything to this wish.

I don't.
That guy over there does something to your wish instead.
The one with the shopping cart, donkey, baby powder, fish semen, and tuba.
Yeah, THAT guy does something to your wish.
Even I couldn't fathom the horrible things he did to that wish with those various implements.

Indeed, I do this.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 01:24:26 am »

I wish for that which I would wish for if I were wiser and better at coming up with wishes, granted as it would if you had my best interests in mind. Note that these conditions are encapsulated in a counter-factual that lets only the end-result wish out, and that they'd likely iterate millions of times with very similar wishes getting better and better, but not infinitely as a sufficiently wise counter-factual me would realize that risk and break the chain.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 03:08:11 pm »

I wish for a circle to be drawn on the driveway of (Remuthra's Address). This circle is to be drawn in white chalk, is to be situated in the driveway's exact center, is to be five feet in diameter exactly, and is to have any effect on the multiverse, either as a whole or as a part. The circle is not to cover anything but the driveway, and is not to damage anything, including the chalk it was drawn with.
Pages: [1] 2