Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85549 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »

SilverDragon(0):
The Soldier(0):
Captain Ford(1):SilverDragon
borno(2): notquitethere,, Sphagetti7
notquitethere(0):
Sphagetti7(1):Flying Dice
Flying Dice(1):Captain Ford
Shakerag(0):
IronyOwl(0):

Not Voting: IronyOwl, Shakerag, The Soldier (up for replacement)

1 Vote for extension. 3 needed.

DAY ENDS TODAY AT 22:00

NQT, IO and SilverDragon shall be prodded.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2013, 03:36:41 pm »

Unvote and Extension. We're having a lot of them, but I feel we really need 'em. Also, sorry, haven't got enough time to get to the questions yet.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »

Shakerag: I totally needed to hear that. What is your opinion about using spoilers so you can address secondary points while keeping your main points clean? Does it help? Make things worse?

Either way, I will definitely take this advice forward.

This is a cleaned-up version of my last post:

superBlast wasn't the one who was most affected in the context of the game, not by a long shot. You and I both know that wasn't what I was referring to.
No, no I didn't. You didn't bother to clarify, and I'm not psychic.

You posted a load of information that happened to be laden with sideways accusations when you could just have easily PMed it, then claimed that nobody needed to read it. That's a passive way to go about building a case, and looks sneaky as hell. The notes on borno are the ones relevant to the game as it stands, and you're purposely ignoring them while going on about how you just wanted to be helpful to super. Great. Super. I don't care.
[...]
So in other words, they weren't worth posting in the context of the game, they were worth posting in the context of you helping super. And yet somehow they were posted in the game thread, despite their value being only for superBlast's enlightenment and your own back-referencing. That equates to them supposedly not being worth talking about in public view. You're contradicting yourself here.
[...]
There's no optional content in Mafia. There's useful data, insights, and analyses, and there's junk not worth posting. If you posted it, you obviously think it was worth mentioning, and yet you keep saying that it isn't necessary for us to read it. That's massively contradictory, and comes off very poorly on my proverbial sneak-o-meter.
Sorry? How am I ignoring them? I've used them in pressing borno, and responded to the issues he brought up. You haven't actually pointed to anything specific in their contents, just kind of vaguely handwaved in their direction.

Let me clear about what I said, since you seem very confused. I have never said my notes were insignificant. I thought they were valuable. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to write them. I made a decision to share them, for reasons I outlined earlier. I never said they didn't need to be read. That is a judgment YOU make, not me. I only ever said that I expected most people to skip over them.

There are definitely times when I've skimmed or skipped over things that other players have linked to, spoilered or referenced. The only difference between a link to a wiki and a spoilered dissertation on theory (or an analysis of voting patterns, or notes on happenings in the game) is that one is in the thread, and one isn't.

"...which frankly I couldn't be arsed to read completely"
Uh huh. Case in point.
Except not at all. I skimmed it, noticed that it was a list of summaries with a bit of superficial analysis, and didn't bother wasting my time carefully reading and re-reading each entry. WoTs are fine, but unless they have some sort of real insight I don't really care.
Uh huh. Case in point.

Spoiler: Minor Points (click to show/hide)

For clarity, I'm voting you for:
1. Remuthra's behavior, which you can't control, but reflects on you nonetheless. Simply dismissing it as "flailing newbie syndrome" reflects even more poorly on you.
2. Word-twisting and exaggeration.
3. Passing judgment but not probing for more information.

For a recent replacement, you are too satisfied with your reads, and for an experienced player you are too conservative in your approach.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2013, 06:26:42 pm »

Unvote and Extension. We're having a lot of them, but I feel we really need 'em. Also, sorry, haven't got enough time to get to the questions yet.
Seems like a pattern right now.

Oh, and Extend. It just occurred to me that today is the deadline.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:10 pm »

Extension granted (+48h). I was going to grant a 24h extension anyway due to massive storm.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2013, 07:13:29 pm »

((Replacement needed? I'm interested.

-reads the day number-

Holy Extensions, Batman! I haven't seen this many since that one woman of questionable repute back in Moroc─
That would definitely be enough, Robin. </horribly_thought_out_joke>

I'll try to catch up on my readings.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2013, 07:38:45 pm »

((Oh, and I wanted to edit that last post with this, but I figured OOC irrelevant chatter isn't quite exempt from the rules. Eh, not too important.

Anyway, is it considered a scum-tell if I say I want to find out I'm replacing scum? I've wanted to say that since the last BM, but figured it would murder me brutally as a huge scum-tell if I actually said it while playing. Heh, time to let the die roll.

And probably defend the crap out of myself for this post... (For comparison, this is on the same line.)

Did I just [ sub] text so hard it went down a line? Sweeet.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »

Captain #253, 257:

1. Regarding your notes:

...and that took me about three hours. But it was productive.
I hope you feel so, because I'm not reading that wall of text.
I really, really hope not. Like I said, it's for superBlast mostly. It's also for me to refer back to.

This. This is what I'm talking about. You've been obfuscating it a lot, but your actions and statements are clearly contradictory. You're even going back on what you said, trying to cover it up. Let's go over this: You said that you hoped another player didn't bother reading your notes. You said that they were mostly for superBlast, and apart from that for your own reference. I made no judgment here, I observed that your statements said one thing and your posts said another. When I called you on it, you OMGUS-voted me.

2. "Uh huh. Case in point."

If you can't make a real rebuttal, don't try to wave it off with this crap.

3. "Lurking."

I at no point claimed you were lurking. I said that certain elements of your posts were similar to active-lurking behavior, in terms of having a large amount of text for relatively little content.

4. So in other words you're voting me because I pressured you and you managed to scrape together "Remu was suspicious", "You draw attention to my mistakes", and "You haven't asked more questions to the guy who hasn't acceptably answered the first ones" as your reasons. Brilliant. Unvote. Spaghetti can wait. Captain Ford has the scent of wizard-Sicily at the moment. His perspective when answering that question was scummy, and he's been somewhat suspicious, but you've thrown far more out there.

Spoiler: Tangental (click to show/hide)

Silver: Still waiting on your list of suspicions. Or anything, really. Why haven't you been posting? I just checked, and you've been online today at the very least.

Onyx: Assuming you get subbed in, I'd like to see a list of your suspicions as well.

Irony, NQT: Wake up. Please.

Not going to vote for another extension, as we've just had one. I'm reluctant to go forward with only 3 people who are active, even if the flip would give us more material to work with. If there isn't more activity by the time the end of day starts approaching again, I suppose we'll have to extend. At this rate it'll be April before we get to D2. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »

((Replacement needed? I'm interested.

-reads the day number-

Holy Extensions, Batman! I haven't seen this many since that one woman of questionable repute back in Moroc─
That would definitely be enough, Robin. </horribly_thought_out_joke>

I'll try to catch up on my readings.))
I'll have to send you the role tomorrow, I'm afraid. All the info regarding the game is on my desktop (using laptop, power fluctuations and a lot of ligthning.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2013, 08:02:27 pm »

Just a quick post to say, I stand by my Borno vote for the reasons already stated and postponing the lynch indefinitely makes for a very dull game. As superblast and Ford have both been active players we will all learn a lot even if they flip town. On that note, Oppose Extension.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:21 pm »

...and that took me about three hours. But it was productive.
I hope you feel so, because I'm not reading that wall of text.
I really, really hope not. Like I said, it's for superBlast mostly. It's also for me to refer back to.

This. This is what I'm talking about. You've been obfuscating it a lot, but your actions and statements are clearly contradictory. You're even going back on what you said, trying to cover it up. Let's go over this: You said that you hoped another player didn't bother reading your notes. You said that they were mostly for superBlast, and apart from that for your own reference. I made no judgment here, I observed that your statements said one thing and your posts said another. When I called you on it, you OMGUS-voted me.
...oh...OH! Okay, I see. You're referring to Shakerag specifically.

Shakerag initially had very little time on his hands. What I was saying was, "I, really, really hope not. Because I'm pretty sure that would be a waste of your time, and we both know I wouldn't post something that would incriminate myself"

Looking at the LurkerTracker, he's posted a lot more than I previously thought. But at the beginning, he was barely keeping up. It's very different from my own first BM.

2. "Uh huh. Case in point."

If you can't make a real rebuttal, don't try to wave it off with this crap.
Eh...you don't get it. You're saying exactly what I said, and proving both that I was right about expecting people not to read it, and also right about why they weren't going to read it.

3. "Lurking."

I at no point claimed you were lurking. I said that certain elements of your posts were similar to active-lurking behavior, in terms of having a large amount of text for relatively little content.
I rebut as such:

So you're saying that, if you take out the post with my personal notes in it, it looks like I'm lurking?
In the context of those notes? Yes. Hells yes.

[spoiler=Tangental]Note the first: Questions aren't always necessary. If I notice someone acting scummy and they keep doing it after I start interacting with them, that's about all one needs. Questions are for opening up new lines of conversation. You're falling into a falsehood here.
Yeah, I know. I'm doing the same thing, after all.

Unvote...but who the hell else was I going to question right now? The darkness?

NQT, what are you doing. Don't you have questions to answer?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:54 pm »

EBWOP: Also, as far as I know, the extension has already passed.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »

Ford
NQT, what are you doing. Don't you have questions to answer?
No. Unless I've missed it, no one has asked me a question since I last posted.

Consider my opposition to extension for the next extension proposal, if this one has already passed. As much as endless discussion is nice, this is a game and interest can only be sustained if stuff actually happens and the real meat of the game is lynches.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »

Extension already passed, oppose will count for next one. Day currently ends in 7th of March, 2013 22:00 BRT (GMT-3).

Onyxjew, sent you the role.

Onyxjew994 has replaced The Soldier

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

Consider my opposition to extension for the next extension proposal, if this one has already passed. As much as endless discussion is nice, this is a game and interest can only be sustained if stuff actually happens and the real meat of the game is lynches.
You are joking. You have to be. You've been gone for days, and you come in and try to hurry along the lynch almost precisely on the deadline (you posted 2 minutes after, but we both know those are quite flexible).

There have been like, 2, maybe 3 active players. Out of 9. We are still waiting for answers from borno, spaghetti, and SilverDragon.

No. Unless I've missed it, no one has asked me a question since I last posted.
Give me one minute while I go hunting for you.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38