Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85605 times)

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2013, 03:35:16 am »

Remuthra: ...now I have egg on my face. I legitimately didn't see that part of your post. With that answered, most (not all, mind you) of my suspicion is relieved. Since the day ends on Monday (if the OP is right), I have plenty of time to pressure others with my vote. Unvote. A question though: there's a lot of time left in the day, and a vote won't do much on someone who might not even be here (see below). Why not use your vote for pressure?

Spaghetti7: Thanks for the response. Now, I agree that Remuthra is scummy, but taking his posts out of context is scummier. Why did you do this, Spaghetti?

On the Lord Allagon topic: I do hope he shows up, but we have 3 people in the replacement queue if he doesn't. He's been offline for two days now, so he might just not have access to the internet. Before anyone asks "Why the change of opinion on lurkers?" I'll say that inactivity only equals lurking if it's intentional. If it's unintentional, just replace him and move on.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2013, 03:49:34 am »

Spaghetti7: Thanks for the response. Now, I agree that Remuthra is scummy, but taking his posts out of context is scummier. Why did you do this, Spaghetti?
I literally face-desked as to how badly I interpreted that. Sorry, I withdraw my attack on that particular post.
But thanks for flagging that up, because it made me look further back at Remuthra's posts. Attempting to take them IN context this time:

Not too experienced with the subtleties of random voting, and I personally trust you to be town, so I'm cool to just sit here until I see something suspicious.
Content to sit back on his heels after saying he trusted a single person. To not appear scummy you must hunt, and to hunt you can't just TRUST people. You have to dig in to them and find out who they are.
I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness
First, I would like to point out that was three separate questions.
1. Not quite sure but he seems pretty trustworthy at this stage. That could definately change later.
2. No, but badly formed accusations won't help much either.

But since you insist, hey Spaghetti. How would you best keep the scum from targetting you?
"But since you insist". This one is only a few posts later, and the sudden response on the above has forced him in to hunting. However, not only did he never follow this question up, but he still seems like he doesn't want to or need to be scum hunting.

You missed my question, Remuthra.
Was that a serious question back there?
As I understand it he asked "When are you going to start hunting?" to which you STILL have not provided an answer
He never asked me that.
Bit of nice evasiveness from Remuthra here. Not much more scummy than arguing a question wasn't good, or asked at all for that matter.
Not too experienced with the subtleties of random voting, and I personally trust you to be town, so I'm cool to just sit here until I see something suspicious.

This isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.
That one is made invalid because in the post above it I started hunting.

(going to bed now, don't kill me in my sleep)
Aaand just as it begins to hot up, he leaves. I understand that people have lives, but he could have at least promised to answer questions and apologised, rather than just walking away when serious doubts were raised about him being town.

Now, those are some rather better reasons why I don't trust him. Remuthra, I'd like an explanation on how any of the above DOESN'T make you scum.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2013, 07:59:54 am »

Just a quick heads up before I head to bed, I'm probably not going to be able to access the internet tomorrow, please don't lynch me while I'm gone.  :-*

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:39 am »

As for you, why are you so focused on trying to discredit me?

Lord Al, when should you remove your vote, and when should you press?

Superblast, who would you rather kill as scum, a more active person, or a less active one?

@Borno- What is more important as a doctor, finding scum or lasting as long as possible?

My previous questions, for reference.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2013, 10:10:24 am »

I literally face-desked as to how badly I interpreted that. Sorry, I withdraw my attack on that particular post.
But thanks for flagging that up, because it made me look further back at Remuthra's posts. Attempting to take them IN context this time:

Content to sit back on his heels after saying he trusted a single person. To not appear scummy you must hunt, and to hunt you can't just TRUST people. You have to dig in to them and find out who they are.
I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness
First, I would like to point out that was three separate questions.
1. Not quite sure but he seems pretty trustworthy at this stage. That could definately change later.
2. No, but badly formed accusations won't help much either.

But since you insist, hey Spaghetti. How would you best keep the scum from targetting you?
"But since you insist". This one is only a few posts later, and the sudden response on the above has forced him in to hunting. However, not only did he never follow this question up, but he still seems like he doesn't want to or need to be scum hunting.

You missed my question, Remuthra.
Was that a serious question back there?
As I understand it he asked "When are you going to start hunting?" to which you STILL have not provided an answer
He never asked me that.
Bit of nice evasiveness from Remuthra here. Not much more scummy than arguing a question wasn't good, or asked at all for that matter.

This isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.
That one is made invalid because in the post above it I started hunting.

(going to bed now, don't kill me in my sleep)
Aaand just as it begins to hot up, he leaves. I understand that people have lives, but he could have at least promised to answer questions and apologised, rather than just walking away when serious doubts were raised about him being town.

Now, those are some rather better reasons why I don't trust him. Remuthra, I'd like an explanation on how any of the above DOESN'T make you scum.
2. I said that, quite a while back, and at this point have retracted my statement, and am not "sitting back on my heels".
3. Again, I at that time could not think of a question, which isn't surprising based on the fact that I wasn't fully awake, but since I was told to start asking, no matter how bad the questions were, I started asking. Since this time I have asked much better questions.
4. Bit of nice confusion from me there. I legitimately didn't know what was being referred to, because no mention of the specific question was made. When the question was pointed out to me, the fact that I was hunting made it kind of obselete. Not hunting very well at all, but hunting. I addressed this earlier, in response to one of Soldier's other attacks on me based on this very thing. Stop obsessing over my mistake.
5. Had to leave, wasn't much choice in the matter, and I couldn't answer questions until later. It is not my fault if you guys start debating in earnest when I am not available.
And none of those were actually questions.

@Spaghetti, what should you never say as town?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2013, 10:18:54 am »

Going to be unavailable until some time before noon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2013, 11:12:43 am »

notquitethere has replaced Lord Allagon due to inactivity and zero posts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:13 am »

Back.
For reference, my question is now directed towards NQT.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2013, 12:24:31 pm »

notquitethere has replaced Lord Allagon due to inactivity and zero posts.

Lord Allagon was never quite there, now he's still notquitethere.[/bad joke ]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2013, 12:33:23 pm »

You can call me Lord NQT for short. I'll read through the thread and answer any questions posed to my predecessor. Now would also be an ideal time if any of you want to ask me any fresh questions.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:03 pm »

Good now that Al's been replaced we have the final person to get info from. In the mean time I'm gonna go through the thread again after re-reading the OP again like Nerjin suggested. Hopefully I'll be able to get a read on someone other then Remu.

@NQT: What would you do if you're scum that just been confirmed scum by the cop?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2013, 08:02:30 pm »

Archmage Groovester sat in his chambers at the main tower. In his hand, a letter. To most, the letter would seem to contain pure gibberish. But he knew that it was merely a façade, an illusion enchantment used to hide information in plain sight. After all, he had created this enchantment. He read the letter’s true text:

“Brothers,

Your assassination of ‘magister’ Dariush was performed flawlessly, with no witnesses and all actions correctly done. The University will play by our rules now, and that shall be their undoing. You two are to lay low and wait for further orders at the drop point.

Thy Master,
                The Patriarch”

Nerjin(1):Shakerag
The Soldier(0):
superBlast(1):Nerjin
borno(0):
notquitethere(0):
Sphagetti7(2):The Soldier, Remuthra
Remuthra(3):superBlast, borno, Sphagetti7
Shakerag(0):
IronyOwl(0):

Not Voting: notquitethre, IronyOwl

Day ends at 22:00 BRST (GMT-3) of 25/02/1013 (DD/MM/YYYY) in 48 hours.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2013, 09:38:25 pm »

NQT: Welcome to the game. If you could choose any non-IC player here to be your scumpartner, who would you choose? Also, once you finish your read of the thread, I'd be interested in seeing your reads on the players.

superBlast: Posting your revised reads would be nice, too.

Spaghetti7: I don't know, you sure seem to backtrack a lot. It's starting to look pretty suspicious. I'm guilty of this too (See: my previous post), but think your posts through more before posting.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:31 am »

@Spaghetti, what should you never say as town?
Back.
For reference, my question is now directed towards NQT.
So, hold on, did you re-direct this question to NQT?

Spaghetti7: I don't know, you sure seem to backtrack a lot. It's starting to look pretty suspicious. I'm guilty of this too (See: my previous post), but think your posts through more before posting.
I completely agree. I made mistakes early on in the game when I was trying to find my feet. This is a beginners game, but I can't change whether you interpret that as scummy or simply foolish.

Remu, after saying you blindly trusted him to be town earlier in the game, what is your read on superBlast?

That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2013, 08:24:27 am »

Remu, after saying you blindly trusted him to be town earlier in the game, what is your read on superBlast?
That was a really poor choice of words back there, I was trying to say I was leaning town. Now I'd say a slight lean towards scum.

@Spaghetti, what is more important, cop or doctor?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38