Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85301 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »

So if one person says 7 words about someone else it warrants a vote now? Tell me the reasons in your own words
See above, and answer my question.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:09 pm »

Nerjin, The Soldier:
As the third most competent players in this game, could you both state your opinions on everyone?
Certainly:

Soldier: Seems rather town. He hunts pretty well and seems to be pretty on the ball. No major slip ups yet.

Superblast: Likely either scum or flailing newblet. I say this because he keeps tossing out WIFOM and while I’m not sure which it is, gauging by his behavior in the previous BM [as short as he was] I’m leaning towards Scum. I’m also getting a vibe of him trying to play himself as a victim. Pathological appeal and whatnot. More recently he’s begun to appeal a LOT more via emotional methods. I am always distrustful of emotional appeals.

Spaghetti7: Needs to post a bit more but from what I HAVE seen he seems to be alright. Not sure I trust the “Random” answer when he was asked how he’d pick targets as a doctor.

Borno: Similar to Spaghetti7 except less pasta based. I’m also a little wary about his overt suspicion of my motives helping but that’s understandable and by itself means absolutely nothing. I do wish he’d post more often though.

Remuthra: Far too evasive to be a coincidence. He may actually just not have been paying attention but I’m leaning towards scum as well. As I’ve stated before his ignoring of a question because it was ‘invalid’ is unforgivable. The more I think of it the more scum he appears. Also NO EDITS!!!

Shakerag: I’m weary of him due to his status as an IC but I am so far feeling that he is a town. Granted I shall be watching him and Irony Owl like a hawk due to their experience. But as for now everything seems to check out.

Lord Allagon: “Get your ass off the lurktrain and onto the hunt!” is all I can really say. I don’t trust him due to lurking.

IronyOwl: Lurkatron but what they do say seems town enough. I’m gonna be watching very closely however, just in case.

I think you don't truly believe it as I have been rather active and scum-hunting. I think that you're putting that vote on me in order to try to get me to slip up and say something damning.
And, so ... what?  You're going to take a break from that now?  Established some scum hunting up front so you can activelurk the rest of the day away? 

[sarcasm]You caught me oh mighty catcher![/sarcasm]

No. If you're expecting me to be active at all times you are mistaken. A break WAS taken. I won't deny that at all. I freely admit it. But that's all it was, a break. Also, don't appreciate the toilet thing there. Just throwing that out there as personal taste.

Nerjin:
@Irony Owl: Same question as Shakerag but with you in his place and being unable to take Shake.
You mean who would I want my scumbuddy to be? Probably you, since you seem to have a very good grasp of what's going on. Not sure you needed another BM, really.

I just want to get a bit more experience in the lower leagues. Every movement upwards has resulted in a bit of a massive failure. I figure if I stick around for at least one more BM I may pick up on something I haven't before. Plus Dariush never plays in these so it's safe.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2013, 07:06:26 pm »

Remuthra: Far too evasive to be a coincidence. He may actually just not have been paying attention but I’m leaning towards scum as well. As I’ve stated before his ignoring of a question because it was ‘invalid’ is unforgivable. The more I think of it the more scum he appears. Also NO EDITS!!!

Again, sorry, I really should have read things more thoroughly. And I am trying to hunt.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2013, 07:15:24 pm »

Remuthra:
Whoops, missed it. Anyway, here's my answer.
@Borno- What is more important as a doctor, finding scum or lasting as long as possible?
That's a tough one, but I think that lasting as long as possible would be the best idea, since then you have more chance to help people live...
Actually, this sounds suspiciously like a role fish, Remuthra. Trying to flush the doctor out so you can kill him at night?
PPE:
Shakerag:
Shakerag:
borno:  Do you put value in analyzing voting patterns?  Yes or no, why?
Well, yes. If someone was changing their votes often/hesitant with voting/OMGUSing, it would be a dead giveaway for scum, and a fatal error for town, and so its always a good idea to keep an eye on people's voting.
Okay, that's interesting too, but I was apparently a bit vague on my question.  Do you put stock in analyzing how the votes stand at the end of each day, across multiple days?
Missed this too. To be honest, I don't really. I rely more on the asking questions, applying pressure, etc... Version of scum hunting than the one where you look at voting patterns and similar things. Of course, as said earlier, voting like there's no tomorrow will definitely warrant suspicion, though.
Nerjin:
Plus Dariush never plays in these so it's safe.
I was in a BM with Dariush once... Suffice to say there were a lot of angry newbies and even more angry Daruish.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »

Actually, this sounds suspiciously like a role fish, Remuthra. Trying to flush the doctor out so you can kill him at night?
Huh, it does a bit, actually. Didn't think of that.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »

Superblast, who would you rather kill as scum, a more active person, or a less active one?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

A bit fluffy and off-topic buuuut, who's this Dariush guy? This he is the second time he's been mentioned so far.

And to keep my post from being completely useless game wise:

@Nerjin: [ultra sarcasm] I'm sorry but I'm just a big wine connoisseur. I have to have some wherever I go.[/ultra sarcasm]
Ok enough of that. Like I said before those was accidents... You guys aren't gonna let that go for the rest of the game are you?

Anyways here's a question, Your the doctor and someone claimed cop and no on counter claimed. He's been kinda scummy the whole game but everyone believed his claim except you. You think he's lying but you can't the town otherwise. Would you still protect him that night or would you not to see if he still lives?

@Borno: Your normal old townie, and the town in general think someone is scum. You don't think so however. Though your pretty null on everyone. What would you do in that situation?

@Remu: This should be easy. You are town, but everyone thinks your scum. What is your top priority? To avoid getting lynched, or to scum hunt?

@Irony (that is whenever you get here): What do you do when it's pretty late in the Day and no one, not even you, can find a scum tell on anyone? What would you do as town and as scum?

@Everyone: If there is any bit of WIFOM in any of those questions then just go a head and not answer unless you really wanna.

Preedit:
@Remu: If it was me.... I'm a less active killer. Mainly since most people would tend to think scum would go after more active people. That way town would wonder start to wonder why the active guy hasn't been killed off yet. Also the mindset also seems to be if you have a power role, you stay barely active so you fly under the radar. I'm not sure on that but the way everyone talks, that's what it seems like.

Though in BM's, until I get more experience, I'd kill off the ICs since they would probrably the biggest challenge to stay hidden from.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

@Remu: This should be easy. You are town, but everyone thinks your scum. What is your top priority? To avoid getting lynched, or to scum hunt?
Hunt for scum, scummy to not be hunting.

Lord Al, when should you remove your vote, and when should you press?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2013, 08:31:15 pm »

borno:
Nerjin, The Soldier:
As the third most competent players in this game, could you both state your opinions on everyone?
Sure thing. In no particular order:
1: Nerjin - Was active, had a period of being inactive, seems to be hunting well enough. Leaning towards town.
2: superBlast - Jumpy, with WIFOM and appeals to emotion. Potentially scum.
3: borno - Similar to Nerjin, but not as active and a weaker read.
4: Lord Allagon - Has ZERO posts, despite being online yesterday. This alone makes me uneasy.
5: Spaghetti7 - Has had to backpedal from poorly thought-out statements several times. Might be town getting his legs, might be scum.
6: Remuthra - Slippery as an eel. Disappeared for a day. Has done little hunting, and is lazy with reasoning and questions. Probably scum, and my current vote target.
7: Shakerag - Is an IC. Is mostly correcting play, with some hunting. Seems town.
8: IronyOwl - Is also an IC. Less active, but much the same as Shakerag.
9: Me - Confirmed town. I can trust me with anything. /obvious

IronyOwl:
Soldier:
IronyOwl: What makes borno more suspicious than Spaghetti?
Off the top of my head, lurkier and his posts have seemed more overtly calculating and malicious. Sphagetti's still had some flail to him, whereas borno's seemed fairly exclusively like a lurking schemer.

I'd have to go back to give you specifics and I'm a bit busy at the moment, but that'd certainly be a reasonable request.
That would be great if you could.

Remuthra: I wasn't talking about your disappearance, I was talking about the "your question is invalid" BS. Still want an answer to my question here, with that in mind.

superBlast: Hypothetical questions are all well and good, but what is your opinion on the game thus far? What are your reads?

Spaghetti7: It's my understanding that you're voting Nerjin for his inactivity. Now that he's back, who's your top scumpick?

MOD: Prod Lord Allagon, if you haven't already.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2013, 08:39:43 pm »

Remuthra: I wasn't talking about your disappearance, I was talking about the "your question is invalid" BS. Still want an answer to my question here, with that in mind.
I was trying to hunt, and am hunting now, so I don't really see your point. Answer: I'm already hunting, stop bothering me about it, and stop promoting me as scum.

As to the question, the post right below it has my answer. And yes, that is a direct answer. I had school, I wasn't trying to dodge any questions earlier today, I wasn't even on earlier today. (may seem kind of lengthy and repetitive, but I don't want any accusations this time)

As for you, why are you so focused on trying to discredit me?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2013, 09:02:19 pm »

@Soldier: My reads? Great I'm gonna suck at this....

- Me: The coolest person in the world, I'd never vote for him! And he's cute, and strong, and cute, and Kyaaaa~ *starts fangirling over superBlast* (Ok sorry, I thought was really funny so I couldn't resist saying that.)

- Shake: I'm thinking he's town.... mainly for scum hunting pretty well.

- Irony: I have no idea. Completely null.

- Soldier: No idea either... another null.

- Spaghetti: Once again.... another null.

- Borno: Mostly null... though I am leaning on scum... still mostly null.

- Nerjin: I know I had a reason i was suspicious of him... but can't remember... I think it was something Shake said. But still null.

- Lord Al: If lurking = 100% scum he'd perfect. But since there is nothing to go by, null.

- Remu: He's the only one I'm suspicious of... and thats mostly for being evasive like everyone mentioned. Wish I could find my own reasons.

In conclusion, I have no freaking idea tbh -_- I'm not very good at this game.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:19 pm »

A bit fluffy and off-topic buuuut, who's this Dariush guy? This he is the second time he's been mentioned so far.
@Borno: Your normal old townie, and the town in general think someone is scum. You don't think so however. Though your pretty null on everyone. What would you do in that situation?
Search through the thread for any snippet that could be used against someone else. Make my case against them, and proclaim why the person in question is town, and the person I'm attacking is Mafia. If I can't find any evidence to use against anyone else, just say that why you think he's town anyway, so if one of you get lynched, the other will be fine.
Remuthra:
Huh, it does a bit, actually. Didn't think of that.
And so? Are you going to defend yourself more than a 'Didn't think of that.' Really, I don't think any of your posts have been more than a few sentences long. Want to convince people you're town? Compile a big list with all your suspicions, accusations and questions. Because the active-lurking that you're doing now ain't gonna cut it.
Lord Allagon:
Get off your lurky ass, you lurkymclurkinstein.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2013, 10:18:38 pm »

@borno It's a good question, as you yourself admitted. And it's only a role fish if you are dumb enough to give away anything.

Alright then. Here's my suspicions list.
Me- Not sure, pretty suspicious and evasive... [/sarcasm]
Shake- Null, not really posting much.
Nerjin- leaning town, being good and hunting and all that
Irony- leaning town, see above
superBlast- null
Soldier- leaning scum, because so focused on getting me lynched instead of asking questions
Borno- null
LA- leaning scum, because of inactivity combined with being active elsewhere
Spaghetti- null

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2013, 11:09:21 pm »

Again, sorry, I really should have read things more thoroughly. And I am trying to hunt.

No one's gonna get on you if you don't post right away. Take your time to look over your posts and read everything carefully.

He is a man you don't want to deal with ever. He's a little... extreme in his moods. He flies off the handle very easily.

@Nerjin: [ultra sarcasm] I'm sorry but I'm just a big wine connoisseur. I have to have some wherever I go.[/ultra sarcasm]
Ok enough of that. Like I said before those was accidents... You guys aren't gonna let that go for the rest of the game are you?

Anyways here's a question, Your the doctor and someone claimed cop and no on counter claimed. He's been kinda scummy the whole game but everyone believed his claim except you. You think he's lying but you can't the town otherwise. Would you still protect him that night or would you not to see if he still lives?

If I think he's scum there is no way in hell I'd protect him. Even if everyone else lynch's me for it.

@Everyone: If there is any bit of WIFOM in any of those questions then just go a head and not answer unless you really wanna.

Never show doubt. Think your questions through. You should really re-read the OP.

In conclusion, I have no freaking idea tbh -_- I'm not very good at this game.

Re-read the OP and think over all the interactions you've seen so far.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2013, 03:02:28 am »

Spaghetti7: It's my understanding that you're voting Nerjin for his inactivity. Now that he's back, who's your top scumpick?
Not quite. I put a pressure vote on him to try to get his attention and get my questions answered, but he seemed to miss mine and answered the same from somebody else.
At the moment, I will admit I haven't managed to dig in to anyone enough yet. From what I have managed I couldn't say, but from the game in general I would say Remuthra. His replies are often short and unsubstantiated, and he seems to be trying to give very little away in whatever he says.
In which case, unvote Nerjin (my question was answered) and:

Kindly elaborate on how you are trying to hunt, Remuthra. Looking back a bit, this seems to be the extent of your scum hunting:
Oh.
Borno
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38