Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello, and a question or two concerning allied races(caravans)  (Read 992 times)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hello, and a question or two concerning allied races(caravans)
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:09:58 am »

Greetings.  Been playin DF for a minute, after hearing a lot bout it on the H&H forums.  Played the vanillia and was now wantin to get into the mods. 

I am currently lookin for a mod that will disable trade caravans from coming.  but at the same time, every item in the game is at the embark screen so you can buy the "must have" items and whatnot.

Is there any mod out there that has this or a variant?  As you can tell I wanna see if I can make a "survivalist" camp.

thankyou for the replies and once again

Hi!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, and a question or two concerning allied races(caravans)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:59 pm »

You can delete [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] from the entity files of any civilizations you don't want to send trade caravans.  I don't know if there might be side effects if you do it for your Dwarves.

You can't directly mod the embark screen.  You have to modify what stuff your entire civilization has access to and it indirectly affects it, and different kind of items are handled differently.  What are you looking for that's "must have" but not normally enabled?

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

You can delete [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] from the entity files of any civilizations you don't want to send trade caravans.  I don't know if there might be side effects if you do it for your Dwarves.

You can't directly mod the embark screen.  You have to modify what stuff your entire civilization has access to and it indirectly affects it, and different kind of items are handled differently.  What are you looking for that's "must have" but not normally enabled?

thankyou for the help

I dunno really, mayby anvils.  but that's about the only thing that comes to mind(and also the only thing you have to have at start or buy from caravans for initial)

(edit!  Ok, so far that worked like a charm, no dwarf liazon no nothing so far  now more about the initial embark screen, prolly all the different seeds in the game.  once again, thankyou for your help)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:11:49 pm by joojoo1975 »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »

If you really don't want something your best bet is probably just not buying them. After all that's the majority of the challenges in DF, self-limited ones. Once you reach the point where you can keep a basic fortress alive there isn't really much challenge to the game but what  you make of it. Megaprojects, no-trap embarks, surface forts, and many others are all are self imposed challenges, and they are really what keeps the game fun.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:01 pm »

Megaprojects, no-trap embarks, surface forts, and many others are all are self imposed challenges, and they are really what keeps the game fun.

Evil biomes. Hours of !fun!.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...