Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745613 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #18195 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:28 am »

zeit.de reports that Tsipras is asking* for a third program. I guess he's gotten cold feet. And the lesson is: Don't play chicken against a Jaguar when you're sitting inside a Pinto.
Also several important people just cancelled appointments, so I guess things are moving again.

You're confusing your spotted big cats, also, I don't think theres a car brand going by Leopard.

There's a tank brand going by Leopard. I think he meant the tank, because it's very apt for this sort of analogy.

Oh, I didn't think of that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18196 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:35 am »

It's the German MBT

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: June 30, 2015, 09:38:51 am »

The analogy actually kind of works, the Pinto would still explode anyway, and I imagine the Pinto to be rather slow (or simply a heck of a lot less capable than the souped up Jaguar).

Then again, the Leopard tank would be intact while BOTH the Jaguar and Pinto would be mangled.

Of course though, it fits even better context wise because the Leopard is the German battle tank.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:44:22 am by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18198 on: June 30, 2015, 09:44:47 am »

Also, isn't the Pinto an ITALIAN car, not Greek?
Does Greece even have its own car brands?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: June 30, 2015, 09:47:40 am »

Not that I'm aware of, and I double checked wiki and it's an AMERICAN car, so I backtracked and removed that sentence from my post XD 'Pinto' itself is Spanish, so, no idea why I thought Italian.

Edit: Greece does have it's own Auto industry, it's cars just aren't well known in the US I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:50:17 am by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18200 on: June 30, 2015, 09:48:30 am »

zeit.de reports that Tsipras is asking* for a third program. I guess he's gotten cold feet.

Uuh, no? It was Junker the one who called back to Athens. This is a counterproposal on what Junker offered.

If anything it's the EU institutions the ones making a rout. Even your own finance minister admitted that voting "no" in the referendum wouldn't mean getting kicked out of the EU OR the Euro.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: June 30, 2015, 10:01:45 am »

I was going to tease a bit about how Greece's automotive industry couldn't be that bad considering Trabbies and Yugos managed to survive, but actually, that's a reasonable question given how bad the local automotive crash back in the 80s and 90s gutted the relevant industry.  There were apparently a few scattered survivors from that bit of government-induced suicide, mostly stuff that either diversified into buses, tractors, military work, shipyards, or the like, but you won't find quite as much after the turn of the century as you did in their heyday of the 60s and 70s. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:05:07 am by Culise »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: June 30, 2015, 10:06:54 am »

zeit.de reports that Tsipras is asking* for a third program. I guess he's gotten cold feet. And the lesson is: Don't play chicken against a Leopard when you're sitting inside a Pinto.

The lesson here is that an agreement would be preferable to all sides which the Greeks have been saying all along.

But way to inject your chauvenism into it, cis scum!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: June 30, 2015, 10:12:59 am »

zeit.de reports that Tsipras is asking* for a third program. I guess he's gotten cold feet. And the lesson is: Don't play chicken against a Leopard when you're sitting inside a Pinto.

The lesson here is that an agreement would be preferable to all sides which the Greeks have been saying all along.

But way to inject your chauvenism into it, cis scum!
Sacrifice more for the Austerity/Communism, and the Promised Land of Peace and Prosperity/Communism will surely come!

If the Promised Land of Peace and Prosperity/Communism isn't coming, that means you didn't sacrifice enough for Austerity/Communism, and you need to sacrifice MORE. Only mass sacrifices will save Europe!
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: June 30, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

Stop making sense, I can only follow so many objects with the red mist in my eyes.

Russia doesn't want to invade Baltic states and it is a private initiative of Russian prosecutor general

I really like that website's look.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:16:40 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:14 am »

zeit.de reports that Tsipras is asking* for a third program. I guess he's gotten cold feet.

Uuh, no? It was Junker the one who called back to Athens. This is a counterproposal on what Junker offered.
I'm just repeating what the newspaper said. Here's a proposal sent to the EU.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: June 30, 2015, 10:41:48 am »

So am I.  http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/30/eurozone-greece-offer-idUSL8N0ZG01420150630

Apparently there was a counter-offer from the Greek goverment, which is the one you mentioned.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: June 30, 2015, 11:20:42 am »

What is with kids these days and the twitter?  I can't read that.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:51 am »

What is with kids these days and the twitter?  I can't read that.

Click the image. That loads a little hoover window with the image in it. Still too small to read. Right click on the image, and choose "view image"

You get this

Pages: 1 ... 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 ... 1393